Do you believe in (a)God? If not, whats your reason?

this is such a irritating topic...people will always argue.... and people who are arrogant to say there is no god are just as bad as blind bible bashers..

NO-ONE knows if there is or not so why dont we respect peoples beliefs and stop trying to show stupid people are for having a little faith.

Sharingan said:
this is such a irritating topic...people will always argue.... and people who are arrogant to say there is no god are just as bad as blind bible bashers..

NO-ONE knows if there is or not so why dont we respect peoples beliefs and stop trying to show stupid people are for having a little faith.

Don't post in it then. :wink:

No I don't believe in god. Switching on the news every day does that to you. If all this violence, hate and misery is part of some divine being's master plan, well.. that's no 'divine being' I'd have any interest in giving the time of day.

Gallus Glee said:
No I don't believe in god. Switching on the news every day does that to you. If all this violence, hate and misery is part of some divine being's master plan, well.. that's no 'divine being' I'd have any interest in giving the time of day.

i so agree but also i dont believe in god as there is no proof and that scientific fact is much more believeable which contradicts the belief of god!

Now this is very interesting and for that it would be yes there is....me. Even if i'm catholic i'm more of an open faith i have my own ideas from different teachings. Like the Church of Satan you are your own God. Its better to have an idea than a belief, its easy to change an idea but changing a belief is trickier people die and kill of such things.

wocket said:
Gallus Glee said:

i so agree but also i dont believe in god as there is no proof and that scientific fact is much more believeable which contradicts the belief of god!

It's funny how the standard argument for believers is that: Their's no proof if god does/doesn't exist at all, yet I think any person who thought logically would no sooner believe scientific fact than a bunch of religious hooey that doesn't provide even a sample of empirical evidence.

- Not to say that science has proven that God doesn't exist, but it seems if their were any truth to it, then we would've found at least a scrap of evidence suggesting it.

The problem with believers is that they make anything up to to say that their god exists eg.

Theres no proof god exists - Theres no proof god doesnt exist

Theres too much violence in the world for there to be a god - God gave us free will

Evolution proves there isnt a god - God created evolution

Science is more believable than god - God created science

etc etc...

Xelis said:

this reminds me what a friend said..random as it was, made sense. He said something, we could say God maybe a giant pink fluffy bunny rabbit, but then again he may not be a giant pink fluffy bunny rabbit, basically because we can't tell what he looks like as well as tell if he exists.

Xelis said:
The problem with believers is that they make anything up to to say that their god exists eg.

Theres too much violence in the world for there to be a god - God gave us free will

Evolution proves there isnt a god - God created evolution

Science is more believable than god - God created science

etc etc...

Everything believers say is spurious, they have an 'answer' for everything you throw at them. :roll:

Back