Do you believe in (a)God? If not, whats your reason?

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
So ladies and gentlemen, do you believe in God? :p

I personally don't believe in any god, or any higher power of such.

Despite there being absolutely zero evidence of God having ever existed, I think people created God out of their own fear of being alone.

- To the Believers out there, I DARE you to disprove that I am jesus re-incarnated.

Hyaku said:
Despite there being absolutely zero evidence of God having ever existed, I think people created God out of their own fear of being alone.
I think the exact same thing, OMG, we're like... twins. 8D

They created him for the fear of the unknown, using his as a substitute for unexplainable things, etc.

"Crop circles!? It must be the work of God!"

Lupus Inu said:
Hyaku said:
I think the exact same thing, OMG, we're like... twins. 8D

They created him for the fear of the unknown, using his as a substitute for unexplainable things, etc.

"Crop circles!? It must be the work of God!"

You hit the nail on the head there sir, its like one mind ;'D

It cracks me up when people honestly believe God does things for them, no matter how trivial it may be. >_> fools :twisted:

i don't mind discussing god and religion, but i think maybe it will cause unwanted arguments. I mean we are entitled to our own belief's and such, but i think this can be a delicate subject for some =/

Arbalest said:
i don't mind discussing god and religion, but i think maybe it will cause unwanted arguments. I mean we are entitled to our own belief's and such, but i think this can be a delicate subject for some =/

Yeah, thats why I only expect serious arguments for the better discussion, otherwise when it comes to useless slander, people generally get angry.

Personally, I don't believe in a God.

I'm a determinist and as such believe that should one be able to process the extent of all knowledge in existence, one would know, not predict, every action and event to happen (for those interested search Laplace's Daemon). Thus, I believe that entities such as free will and 'souls' are nonsensical.

I don't even believe in time... o_O;;;

I refuse to believe in one. I feel like I'd be bowing to someone, and unless it's an apology, I'd rather stand on my own 2 feet. I don't take well to orders, and having someone tell you what's "right," especially rules s/he knows we'll break, isn't something I take much notice of.

I've had the usual Christian up-bringing through-out school. I became very naive and thought I was a good kid with light shining out by behind. I then stopped after college, after I heard this quote:

"What is the 1st thing that you think as a baby? You want. That's why you cry. So at birth, you already become greedy by simply wanting something."

This means we are continually making the sin of Greed. So it's hopeless to fight against.

I do admit that I admire christian rock. It shows a passion for their belief, and the music isn't bad either.

Lol, I remember in school, the chavs used to say 'So you believe in the devil instead of God?'

Errr.. hello fucktard? The devil is all part of Christianity :p

Your logic = Fail.

Well its hard to believe in God when the bible.The basis of most christians belief in God has been tampered with and changed so many times over the centuries(scientifically proven)

I think less and less people are believing in God these days.
I personally think its ridiculous to believe in the God of any religion,but im open minded enough to believe in the possibility of some sort of creator of man.(Aliens anyone)

Heres one to think about.
"god created man in his own image"

Just a thought.
Dont lay into me or anything,

Hyaku said:
To the Believers out there, I DARE you to disprove that I am jesus re-incarnated.
My my, isn't that a bit of an agressive way to start out some sort of discussion?
Personally I don't believe in some higher power, as I don't see any need to. I don't think it's that important either way though. If someone believes in God, good for them, I wish them all the best with it.

Chaz said:
"What is the 1st thing that you think as a baby? You want. That's why you cry. So at birth, you already become greedy by simply wanting something."

This means we are continually making the sin of Greed. So it's hopeless to fight against.
Interesting. I always thought that greed was being governed by your desires, rather than simply having desires.

Ramadahl said:
Hyaku said:
To the Believers out there, I DARE you to disprove that I am jesus re-incarnated.
My my, isn't that a bit of an agressive way to start out some sort of discussion?
Personally I don't believe in some higher power, as I don't see any need to. I don't think it's that important either way though. If someone believes in God, good for them, I wish them all the best with it.

It wasn't meant to sound aggressive, although when I look at it now I get the effect its being shouted at me. :roll:

Nyu said:
I do not belive in a higher power, but i hate that people fight over other peoples beliefs.

I hate the people who try and force their Christain beliefs on you, and look down on people who are athiests, or follow other religions.

I myself haven't met any of said people, but my friend has, and he just handed the guy's ass to him after like 5 minutes :p

To drag myself back onto the subject matter. I think the Bible is nothing more than a collection of amusing fictional stories and nothing more.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
To drag myself back onto the subject matter. I think the Bible is nothing more than a collection of amusing fictional stories and nothing more.
I don't know about that, I'm pretty sure lots of things writen in the Bible have a good historical basis. I imagine that's quite useful if you're a historian.
And the stories aren't really that amusing. I recommend watching some decent anime for entertainment instead :p .

Back