Death Note on Play.com, as well as Ex Machina, Lupin the 3rd

Paul said:
Noratav said:

The plot thickens! This is what I was told by Jerome from Manga this afternoon:

I have no idea who is distributing it though. Total mystery!

We shall see, then. Jerome might have been pulling my leg and trying to keep it secret until something like the Expo comes around. I guess we'll find out soon enough though, as the saying goes, "no smoke without fire".
I can quite imagine that from Jerome. There was probably a twinkle in his eye when he said/wrote that :p.

To be fair, Jerome never seems to have a clue - He didn't when I emailed Mangle ages ago about something. Poor chap.

It's unusual for 2 volumes to be together like this. They basically put 3 volumes together with Bleach and Naruto, but why bother doing so when DN is insanely popular and only 37 episodes long? Bizarre.

If Mangle really have got their hands on this and this isn't it another MANG7001, the only question in my mind is how badly they'll mess up. On the positive side, at least whatever they do wrong will not surprise me.

Aion said:
It's unusual for 2 volumes to be together like this. They basically put 3 volumes together with Bleach and Naruto, but why bother doing so when DN is insanely popular and only 37 episodes long? Bizarre.
Hey, I'm not complaining about getting more for less.
CitizenGeek said:
So, it's definitely Manga Ent. then?
Well I don't know for sure but looks like the signs are currently pointing to yes. If it is Manga I'll assume they'll just be using their old dub from the 1996 VHS release.

Sy said:
CitizenGeek said:
So, it's definitely Manga Ent. then?
Well I don't know for sure but looks like the signs are currently pointing to yes. If it is Manga I'll assume they'll just be using their old dub from the 1996 VHS release.
Not sure. When they re-released Castle of Cagliostro on DVD it had a 'Lupin' dub which was different from their old VHS release. If memory serves it was from a Madman release, and they have Secret of Mamo as well it seems:
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalo ... ethod=view

No idea what dub it'd have on it though, lol.

damnit england stop bringing out different dvd releases to america and keep to the 4 eps a disk instead of a (bonus disk) with 8 eps in purchase

Hang on a minute... why are people complaining about possibly getting 8 episodes instead of 4? That doesn't make sense to me. In fact it sounds a lot better.

Sy said:
Hang on a minute... why are people complaining about possibly getting 8 episodes instead of 4? That doesn't make sense to me. In fact it sounds a lot better.

Yeah, it sounds better to me, too. But other people don't seem so excited by it. Manga done a good job with the Bleach release (they publicised it well, and all!) so I'm looking forward to their Death Note release. I hope there's some way we can get our hands on that Light figure, though!

Paul said:
<href>Megaman NT Warrior</a>.
Oh that's great, given that we only saw series 1 and that the buzz (what little there was of it for Rockman.exe) is long since dead (hell, I don't even know if Rockman of the Stars even got a Brittish release).

Bets say it's jetix though.

Unless Manga suprises the hell out of me and it proves to be JP only.

Noratav said:
Looks like these two are Manga releases too:

Mar vol 1
MÄR has been interesting me as off late, I've been seeing the manga and such around. I'm quite curious as to know what is happening with the release though. Even though this is the first I've heard off a UK release. Didn't VIZ like stop releasing it or something?.. I can't remember exactly, But I read a couple off pages on ANN Forum's newspost about VIZ stopping releases and MÄR being one off them.

Can't anyone shed some light as to if the whole series will get a release over here or is it to early to speak. I remember reading about it airing solely on Toonami Jetstream or something.. Is the dub complete and all that?.

Jayme said:
MÄR has been interesting me as off late, I've been seeing the manga and such around. I'm quite curious as to know what is happening with the release though. Even though this is the first I've heard off a UK release. Didn't VIZ like stop releasing it or something?.. I can't remember exactly, But I read a couple off pages on ANN Forum's newspost about VIZ stopping releases and MÄR being one off them.
They have apparently hiatused a few series recently, MAR being one such so it will be interesting to know how far into the series the UK release will go. As far as the manga goes Viz completed the release of that with the 15th volume a couple of months back. I think there is a follow up manga serialisation but I don't think Viz has announced that as of yet.

Same as the R1 art. :)

If you notice, there's a Viz label showing. If that's correct, does it mean that we'll have the same subtitles as the R1 releases? :D

Aion said:

If you notice, there's a Viz label showing. If that's correct, does it mean that we'll have the same subtitles as the R1 releases? :D
If Manga's relaese of Bleach was anything to go by (which has all the Viz Media decorations as well), I'd say yes. :D

Ushio said:
Aion said:

If Manga's relaese of Bleach was anything to go by (which has all the Viz Media decorations as well), I'd say yes. :D

I'll be getting the Bleach 1:1 + 1:2 set at some point. If Mangle haven't messed up the Bleach releases and don't mess up the Death Note releases, I'll stop calling them Mangled Entertainment and forgive them for ruining the R2 Naruto releases. :p

I'm curious about how Mangle will make money if they offer proper subtitles. The Death Note license wouldn't have been cheap and the BBFC charge a lot. I don't think Mangle are generous enough to sell anime cheap without making profit, so there has to be something wrong with the Bleach and Death Note releases...surely?

I'll probably wait for the Death Note box set. It's my 2nd favourite series and I hate having lots of individual volumes for my favourites. It shouldn't take too long if Mangle continue to release 2 volumes together.

Back