Dattebayo stops subbing Naruto

Paul said:
Nah, I think (without having read their message) that this will be directed at leach websites like NarutoFan.com as well as DVD bootleggers, you know, the kind who blatantly charge their users for per-episode direct downloads and such. I'm amazed a website like NarutoFan is allowed to exist; they must be making so much money from stupid teenagers who don't know any better. Dattebayo could easily charge for their Naruto fansubs and be millionaires within a year, but they don't.

well yes, as someone who had to deal with narutofan and stealing when they first opened, i can understand where they're comming from

tbh people leeching off my webside was one of the main reasons i gave up too

CitizenGeek said:
No ..... don't tell me most people like 4chan? Are you sure we're talking about the same site? The same mindless, ignorant, abusive site?
Righto; Lets get this sorted. Everyone hates Dattebayo yet watches their stuff. Everyone hates 4chan yet uses their memes and lulz at their humor.

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:
You are joking?

o_O

No ..... don't tell me most people like 4chan? Are you sure we're talking about the same site? The same mindless, ignorant, abusive site?

Reading your comment, you were talking about Dattebayo, while making the statement about 4chan.

I was answering your question, which was about Dattebayo.

I really do hope they stop subbing Naruto.

Reason A: It's utter shite.
Reason B: To laugh at the annoying idiots who keep taking them seriously going into detail about how they plan to commit suicide.

I may be wrong, but if they did stop subbing Naruto then wouldn't another group simply take over? It's not like there's only one of those in the world. They don't get paid for this, and they only do it because there's a demand. If they decided to stop, people would demand it to continue and another group will carry on the flame.

PS. I find 4Chan hilariously good fun.

Yeah, someone probably would, BUT DATTEBAYO RELEASE THE SUBS UBER FAST, SO FAST THE QUALITY IS TERRIBLE. [In before Danimé, I know how he loves to rant about Dattebayo quality. ;D] Dattebayo do this because they're pricks, they do this a lot, like how they said they weren't subbing some crappy Naruto filler episode if they didn't exceed 3,000+ downloads on some random Pokémon D/P episode. Yet all the Naruto fans rush to it, so they can quickly see the latest episode of the series they love.

Oh and while we're on the subject of this anime, I have a question. So this new 'Hurricane Chronicles' is basically the same old series but this time without all the fillers, right? Then does that mean the original Naruto anime has ended, or are they still churning out episodes like the Nintendo DS prints out money? I have Naruto's first two volumes on DVD, but to be honest if it's going to take two hundred years to finish collecting it due to the episode size, it may end up being the first anime I didn't watched from start to finish.

Naruto Shippuden is a continuation of the Naruto story, The second part. In the same way Dragon Ball Z is to Dragon Ball. The first part ended at 135 and continued on with fillers till episode 220 and then Shippuden begun.

But... The episodes in Shippuden differ quite a bit compared to the original series, They drag things almost to the point where literally nothing happens for twenty minutes. Its mildly pretty to look at and it sounds quite nice though.

actually its going up in quality shippuden especially the more recent new ones, although the last one was a bit stand still ep the ones before it were great

Its the same pace, Its just the story is getting stronger. Its much more interesting than the crappy Gaara story. I mean, Yeah Naruto cares about him for some unknown reason. The only motivation for him to rescue him is that he has a Demon thing inside him as well. It was quite pathetic really. Sasori was more or less a retake of every villainous character that have ever appeared in Naruto so that wasn't that entertaining.

This arc seems to be more interesting with Sasuke coming back into the story and the reuniting off some of the old cast. Oh.. And the release of the fourth tail.. That was quite amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like too much hassle. I prefer avoiding anime which stretches out too long. Full Metal Alchemist and Eureka Seven were bearable at 51 episodes, but something that's stretching into the hundreds just seems so pointless to me personally. I think I'll find somewhere to sell my Naruto DVDs and perhaps watch it when some day they have a box set or something. :]

People still fall for this kind of thing? How many times has it been since they've trolled episodes and their own site?
CitizenGeek said:
I don't watch many fansubs, but I think I like Shinsen subs the most!
I find it hard to like them when they sub the crap Da Capo sequels, but not the original (which is the only good harem there is).

Back