Dattebayo stops subbing Naruto

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
jeremy1985 said:
makes you think doesn't it?
Not really. I just re-read that message, Isn't it another form of troll when they put "Dattebayo Fansubs, LLC. Taking internet seriously for the last 3.22 years" instead of [YHBT] since everyone knows what that means now.
 

melonpan

Death Scythe
Jayme said:
jeremy1985 said:
makes you think doesn't it?
Not really. I just re-read that message, Isn't it another form of troll when they put "Dattebayo Fansubs, LLC. Taking internet seriously for the last 3.22 years" instead of [YHBT] since everyone knows what that means now.
But, Dattebayo have been fansubbing for 3.22 years (I haven't actually worked it out). They don't take Internet seriously though. Not what you'd call a troll I don't think.
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
melonpan said:
Jayme said:
jeremy1985 said:
makes you think doesn't it?
Not really. I just re-read that message, Isn't it another form of troll when they put "Dattebayo Fansubs, LLC. Taking internet seriously for the last 3.22 years" instead of [YHBT] since everyone knows what that means now.
But, Dattebayo have been fansubbing for 3.22 years (I haven't actually worked it out). They don't take Internet seriously though. Not what you'd call a troll I don't think.
Nope. I you read it wrong / I typed what I was trying to say wrongly. I meant when they put that bit of text at the bottom it means the whole thing is a troll of sorts and when they don't put that; what they are saying is true.
 

melonpan

Death Scythe
Jayme said:
melonpan said:
Jayme said:
jeremy1985 said:
makes you think doesn't it?
Not really. I just re-read that message, Isn't it another form of troll when they put "Dattebayo Fansubs, LLC. Taking internet seriously for the last 3.22 years" instead of [YHBT] since everyone knows what that means now.
But, Dattebayo have been fansubbing for 3.22 years (I haven't actually worked it out). They don't take Internet seriously though. Not what you'd call a troll I don't think.
Nope. I you read it wrong / I typed what I was trying to say wrongly. I meant when they put that bit of text at the bottom it means the whole thing is a troll of sorts and when they don't put that; what they are saying is true.
Confused bread =(
 

Hybridchild

School Idol
What he means is that the fact they said something like that is a sign its a troll, DB never take things seriously so the fact they wrote something like that is an obvious sign its a troll.

Give it a couple of weeks and they'll release something and put a YHBT note on it
 

Nemphtis

Hunter
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime. Nobody goes there because they think it's the new 4Chan, they go there because they want to watch some cartoons. These people sound like they have their heads up their ass, as if subbing anime makes them 'internet famous'.

Oh, and happy new year guys.
 

Alice

Student Council President
A new Naruto torrent seems to have been released with a YHBT tag in the file name. Someone mentioned that earlier in this thread, but I have no idea what 'YHBT' means.

I'm really not familiar with the whole DB-pulling-jokes lark and to be honest, I couldn't give a piss. 8)
 

Animated FatCat

Student Council President
Nemphtis said:
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime.
You are being scrooge like. They are not obligated to sub anything, whether you expect them to or not. They are even treading a legal minefield in doing so.
 

melonpan

Death Scythe
Animated FatCat said:
Nemphtis said:
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime.
You are being scrooge like. They are not obligated to sub anything, whether you expect them to or not. They are even treading a legal minefield in doing so.
So? They created the service, they didn't have to start subbing in the first place, but they have. People expect a service, not being played tricks on constantly. That's like the BBC starting a new Internet service but making joke reports every week or so.
 

Tin Man

Brigade Leader
I love the YHBT events. I download every one of them to help keep the seeds up.

Then I laugh when people complain about it as if its important
 

Fr0zzy

Hikikomori
but at the bottom of the announce it does say
P.S this is NOT A TROLL so maybe they are being serious about this?
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Barry_Burton said:
but at the bottom of the announce it does say
P.S this is NOT A TROLL so maybe they are being serious about this?
Thats new, They still have the "Dattebayo Fansubs LLC, Taking Internet Seriously for 3.77 years" or something there, I think they just wanted to spice up the forums for the little time they have until they release the next episode of Bleach in a few days.
 

Tin Man

Brigade Leader
melonpan said:
Animated FatCat said:
Nemphtis said:
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime.
You are being scrooge like. They are not obligated to sub anything, whether you expect them to or not. They are even treading a legal minefield in doing so.
So? They created the service, they didn't have to start subbing in the first place, but they have. People expect a service, not being played tricks on constantly. That's like the BBC starting a new Internet service but making joke reports every week or so.
The BBC gets paid in actual real world money
 

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
melonpan said:
So? They created the service, they didn't have to start subbing in the first place, but they have. People expect a service, not being played tricks on constantly. That's like the BBC starting a new Internet service but making joke reports every week or so.
That's crazy logic. Dattebayo aren't obligated to do anything, they don't owe anyone anything. They can do what they like (they certainly take that approach with legal issues, too).
 

melonpan

Death Scythe
Tin Man said:
melonpan said:
Animated FatCat said:
Nemphtis said:
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime.
You are being scrooge like. They are not obligated to sub anything, whether you expect them to or not. They are even treading a legal minefield in doing so.
So? They created the service, they didn't have to start subbing in the first place, but they have. People expect a service, not being played tricks on constantly. That's like the BBC starting a new Internet service but making joke reports every week or so.
The BBC gets paid in actual real world money
That's not the point.

If you have nearly 900,000 people downloading each episode of what you've providing, you're expected not to be idiots to those 900,000 people.

CitizenGeek said:
That's crazy logic.
There's no logic like crazy logic ;)
 

Tin Man

Brigade Leader
melonpan said:
Tin Man said:
melonpan said:
Animated FatCat said:
Nemphtis said:
Not to be the scrooge or anything, but these Dattebayo people need to stop trying to be Comedy Central and do what we expect them to do - sub some anime.
You are being scrooge like. They are not obligated to sub anything, whether you expect them to or not. They are even treading a legal minefield in doing so.
So? They created the service, they didn't have to start subbing in the first place, but they have. People expect a service, not being played tricks on constantly. That's like the BBC starting a new Internet service but making joke reports every week or so.
The BBC gets paid in actual real world money
That's not the point.

If you have nearly 900,000 people downloading each episode of what you've providing, you're expected not to be idiots to those 900,000 people.
It is the point. Dattebayo gets paid in the warm fuzzy glow of pissing of nearly 900,000 people at the same time.

I know I'd go for it :D
 
Barry_Burton said:
looks like Dattebayo hasd subbed the latest episode of Naruto
This has already been established, it was quite obviously another crappy Dattebayo joke, they pull these stunts once a month or so whenever they're bored. I don't know why people keep falling for it, but frankly I agree with Nempthis (sp?) when he said that they should cut this junk out and stick to what they're good at. I don't see any other fansub groups doing stuff like this, and I don't mind a bit of fun every now and then but it's getting a bit old really.
 
Top