Dattebayo stops subbing Naruto

Alice

Student Council President
#1
http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/58

They're fed up with people uploading their episodes onto streaming websites such as Youtube and Veoh and will not continue releasing episodes until this stops. They urge you all to TAKE DOWN whatever videos you may have uploaded and ask others to follow suit. I don't see this working, unfortunately, but I hope that they can resume subbing episodes as soon as possible, as I have always been grateful to anyone who provides a free service.

I don't blame them either, really. Uploading episodes onto streaming sites really does put them at a much bigger legal risk.
 
#2
Hard to say how serious they are. They frequently say their going to pull the plug on subbing projects just to mess with their leechers. Still who knows, maybe they really have had enough this time?

EDIT: A while ago they did the same for Bleach, however there was no reason for that. In this case there is.
 
#3
I hope it's true. I hope they crash and burn.

How ironic that they're saying the quality on youtube is crap. It's probably on par with the low quality video they release.
 

Alice

Student Council President
#4
melonpan said:
I hope it's true. I hope they crash and burn.

How ironic that they're saying the quality on youtube is crap. It's probably on par with the low quality video they release.
Not a fan? LOL.

I think that seeing as they make no money out of making AND releasing subbed Naruto episodes, they are a commendable and admirable force. Also, to say that their quality is as bad as Youtube's... really isn't fair.

Still, each to their own. I wouldn't make such (false) assumptions about a group who give out FREE episodes and ask for nothing in return, though. :(
 
#7
1. the site's been down all day anyway, so it's probually a hax

2. no loss, plenty of other groups out there who sub it

incidentilly, notice one of the old torrents for their bleach episode was a .ini file

sounds like a virus to me

on a side note though, trust an illegal fansubber to moan about ppl copying their work onto another site ^^
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
#8
I'm surprised there are groups that still actually care about subbing Naruto now. Lately even from some 'die hard' Naruto fans it seems that this new Hurricane Chronicles series isn't going down too well. The hype seems almost dead.
 

Alice

Student Council President
#9
Ryo Chan said:
1. the site's been down all day anyway, so it's probually a hax

2. no loss, plenty of other groups out there who sub it

incidentilly, notice one of the old torrents for their bleach episode was a .ini file

sounds like a virus to me
The site has been up and down, I managed to get on to find the piece of news but it doesn't seem to be working now. Piss.

Also, as I know pretty much nothing about anything, could you point me to another Naruto fansubbing group from where I can get the latest episode? Thank you!
 
#10
Alice said:
Ryo Chan said:
1. the site's been down all day anyway, so it's probually a hax

2. no loss, plenty of other groups out there who sub it

incidentilly, notice one of the old torrents for their bleach episode was a .ini file

sounds like a virus to me
The site has been up and down, I managed to get on to find the piece of news but it doesn't seem to be working now. Piss.

Also, as I know pretty much nothing about anything, could you point me to another Naruto fansubbing group from where I can get the latest episode? Thank you!
well i never said the other groups were fast :p still no new ep out yet, but couldn't tell u anyway.

may want to be careful of this thread, remember mentioning fansubbing groups by name is forbidden
 

Alice

Student Council President
#11
Ryo Chan said:
Alice said:
Ryo Chan said:
1. the site's been down all day anyway, so it's probually a hax

2. no loss, plenty of other groups out there who sub it

incidentilly, notice one of the old torrents for their bleach episode was a .ini file

sounds like a virus to me
The site has been up and down, I managed to get on to find the piece of news but it doesn't seem to be working now. Piss.

Also, as I know pretty much nothing about anything, could you point me to another Naruto fansubbing group from where I can get the latest episode? Thank you!
well i never said the other groups were fast :p still no new ep out yet, but couldn't tell u anyway.

may want to be careful of this thread, remember mentioning fansubbing groups by name is forbidden
Er... woops.

8D
 
#16
McIcy said:
Alice said:
CitizenGeek said:
Alice said:
I think that seeing as they make no money out of making AND releasing subbed Naruto episodes, they are a commendable and admirable force.
Not really, they are breaking the law, you know ;]
True, but at least they're doing it for free, LOL.
God bless em everyone
Haha McIcy... :p

Sy said:
I'm surprised there are groups that still actually care about subbing Naruto now. Lately even from some 'die hard' Naruto fans it seems that this new Hurricane Chronicles series isn't going down too well. The hype seems almost dead.
I stopped watching it a while back (got to about episode 19 i think) although ive started to slowly pick it up again. Geuss this is because i like going back to old ones that i stopped watching (Bleach for another example).
 
#17
Bleach and Naruto dont air again until the middle of January and they just finished Genshiken so they have nothing to release for a few weeks anyway so they just done this to scare the people dumb enough to fall for it, they're probably hoping that it will scare some people into not uploading to streaming sites too.

Pro-tip everyone because they are known for such jokes when they make a serious announcement about shows they're subbing they say 'this is not a joke' or something similar on the page they report
 
#18
Alice said:
They're fed up with people uploading their episodes onto streaming websites such as Youtube and Veoh and will not continue releasing episodes until this stops. They urge you all to TAKE DOWN whatever videos you may have uploaded and ask others to follow suit.
Let me get this straight: They're asking people to not steal their work when that's exactly what they do when they upload Naruto online?

Ah, the irony... doesn't feel so good when someone does it to you, huh? :twisted:
 

Paul

Administrator
Administrator
#19
Nah, I think (without having read their message) that this will be directed at leach websites like NarutoFan.com as well as DVD bootleggers, you know, the kind who blatantly charge their users for per-episode direct downloads and such. I'm amazed a website like NarutoFan is allowed to exist; they must be making so much money from stupid teenagers who don't know any better. Dattebayo could easily charge for their Naruto fansubs and be millionaires within a year, but they don't.
 
#20
Paul said:
Nah, I think (without having read their message) that this will be directed at leach websites like NarutoFan.com as well as DVD bootleggers, you know, the kind who blatantly charge their users for per-episode direct downloads and such. I'm amazed a website like NarutoFan is allowed to exist; they must be making so much money from stupid teenagers who don't know any better. Dattebayo could easily charge for their Naruto fansubs and be millionaires within a year, but they don't.
It's quite sad really that people join those sort of sites. They are usually full of viruses too. As for them no longer subbing Naruto I doubt its true. And if it is then they're going to lose about 80% of they're fans :lol:
But seeing as I only use them for Bleach it doesn't really bother me and I'm sure if they give up Naruto some other group will grab it extreamly quickly. :roll:
But meh as for Dattebayo themselves I just don't get them >_> They seam like a bunch of **** holes who ban people simply for trying stuff and like to troll they're users. Or maybe they just hang around places like 4chan too much XD
 
Top