DARK SOULS

Mutsumi said:
Beat the twins solo as a hollow, took the lift up, saw a message saying "Chest ahead" and met a lovely pair of twins of a different kind! :D

I actually thought she was going to eat me. What a...gifted Lady.

Mutsumi said:
As for the dude, I think you have to hit him until he wakes up. Not had him fall asleep on me, though he did bite me, and then swallow me whole. D:

This worries me because hitting npcs makes them angry! That thing looks like it could just do away with me if it wants to. I might sit next to my ps3 and if something goes tits up, hard reset. Or just take my consequences and keep going.

Mutsumi said:
Which twin did you kill first? I killed slim, then fatty smashed his corpse to take his lightning powers. Better than killing fatty first and having slim become giant.

guess what i did ;_;

And yeah he became a right pain! Had NO idea that would happen but it was still cool :D I heard that he can drop a spear which is what I love using but it didn't drop. Oh well!

Mutsumi said:
What covenant are you with now? I've gone for Blades of the Darkmoon. :D

I am with the covenant of the well endowned buss-I mean the Princess Guard which gave me a ring. For miracles. That I don't use.

Sigh. Where are the blades of the darkmoon btw? I didn't actually want to join this covenant but I thought whilst I was there and had beaten Anor Londo...

Speaking of Anor Londo...(Slighty nsfw, found elsewhere on the net)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blades of Darkmoon are in Anor Londo. Just look for the lowest point in the level.

Trying Four Kings now...

Died.

Died.

Killed them! Two-handed Gravelord Sword +5 ftw!

Killed the Black Hydra last night. Was easy actually, just went in really close and that made dodging his attacks easy.

Haven't actually been playing this because of Batman. Which in ways is annoying but in other ways is a nice relief :p

I'm a bit stumped as to where to go after AL. Should I go punch that big...thing awake? I feel like I really shouldn't have run off mid conversation but I thought he was going to take me to some end game stuff when I wanted to explore more! :p

Also I really want to know where the key to New Londo Ruins gates is. I could easily explore there if I had that and I've looked all over to no avail. I wonder if it has to do with that fella on top of the church type building there talking about sealing the kings away...

MercenaryRaiden said:
Haven't actually been playing this because of Batman. Which in ways is annoying but in other ways is a nice relief :p

I'm a bit stumped as to where to go after AL. Should I go punch that big...thing awake? I feel like I really shouldn't have run off mid conversation but I thought he was going to take me to some end game stuff when I wanted to explore more! :p

Also I really want to know where the key to New Londo Ruins gates is. I could easily explore there if I had that and I've looked all over to no avail. I wonder if it has to do with that fella on top of the church type building there talking about sealing the kings away...

That gate leads to Valley of Drakes, but it also drains the water., allowing you to proceed to the boss, Four Kings. Also, that guy is the guy with the key. You can either kill him for it I believe, or he'll give it to you if you have the Lordvessel.

Today, I was killed by Seath the Scaleless, then I further explored Duke's Archives before rescuing a Catarina woman in the chubby armour. Then I ventured into Crystal Cave, which has invisible paths across fatal drops.....

Mutsumi said:
Today, I was killed by Seath the Scaleless, then I further explored Duke's Archives before rescuing a Catarina woman in the chubby armour. Then I ventured into Crystal Cave, which has invisible paths across fatal drops.....

Same same same. But mine is another horror story...

I love this area because with my lightning spear I can one shot enemies. They do so much damage that I still have to be careful but...Oh well.

So down facing Seath I had summoned a phantom with the last of my humanity. We had him down to literally one last hit when a god awful chain of events happend.

My controller ran out of juice.

Somewhere along the line I'd missed the big notification that "Hey you need to charge this thing!" and scrambled to get the cable. But as I was plugging it in he was doing his big AOE around him where he summons all those spike crystals that launch you up My phantom dies and then just as my guy is standing up one of Seiths tails is coming down onto my head.

So annoying and frustraiting...

Mutsumi said:
Seath down, Centipede Demon down, Bed of Chaos down. Now I'll go kill Gaping Dragon before I forget.

I took down Gaping Dragon right after Capra! You shouldn't have any problems with him at this stage. Not sure who the other two are but I've also taken Seath.

Four Kings decided to utterly decimate me and two phantoms though. At that point I thought i'd stop playing for now. I assume that there's a quicker route down to him via Firelink>New Londo and that lift contraption that didn't move before?

MercenaryRaiden said:
Mutsumi said:
Seath down, Centipede Demon down, Bed of Chaos down. Now I'll go kill Gaping Dragon before I forget.

I took down Gaping Dragon right after Capra! You shouldn't have any problems with him at this stage. Not sure who the other two are but I've also taken Seath.

Four Kings decided to utterly decimate me and two phantoms though. At that point I thought i'd stop playing for now. I assume that there's a quicker route down to him via Firelink>New Londo and that lift contraption that didn't move before?

You know where the first two ghosts are? Near them, you can drop down to just a short run from the fog gate.

Tonight has gone well! Shoved on Havels Armour and took down Four Kings before moving onto finding 4 different covenants (none of which i'm particularly fond of!) and then finding the secret area in Blight Town, leading to the big tree area before finishing at Ash Lake. Dragon Scale heaven! Now if I only I had a decent dragon sword that wasn't the drake sword...

Never thought I'd shove on heavy armour and like it but it made me survive long enough against the Kings.

Gravelord Nito killed me today. I shall return the favour tomorrow. After that it is off to see what this game's final boss is like. :O

After that I shall create a new character, and play through again with the benefit of experience. :)

Got many weapon upgrade trophies, but still need the large fire ember. :/ I'll look near lava areas I have not fully explored yet.

Also beat 'secret boss' Gwyndolin earlier.

Mutsumi said:
Got many weapon upgrade trophies, but still need the large fire ember. :/ I'll look near lava areas I have not fully explored yet.

I found this before I got the ring that gives you reduced damage in lava and it almost cost me my life...

Anyways! Strangely productive evening. Had to run all the way back down the catacombs to Nito but then the weirdest thing happend. I put my soulsign down to get summoned first so that I could get a heads up about the boss...Except after about a minute my soulsign disapeared and I started seeing other signs on the floor. I then realised I was human and being invaded. Panicking I grabbed a phantom and ran into the boss area. Oh look it's more undead and friends! I'll just equip my divine spear...Oh no wait I left it in my box. Crap. So I'm panicking trying to deal with all these skeletons and...Nito's on 1/4 hp! My summon friend is just demolishing him! Fantastic!

Then came That fire taurus dude who was very much like the secret boss in the starting area. Except faster and not as strong. He went down easily. Then came Mr Centipede where I hid until he came onto my little island and just went under him. I remembered to equip my fire ring this time around...Not bad.

And now i'm at Lost Izalith with those...those....things. One of them killed the other and then stomped on me. I...Think i'll leave this area till tomorrow.

And completed! What a stonkingly brilliant game. I loved Demons Souls but I actually like this more! And the last boss this time wasn't a disapointment.

I fancy platinuming it and going for (spoilers) the second ending at some point. But probably not just yet. After 51 hours I think I deserve a bit of time away!

Also completed! Along the way I got all of the weapon upgrade trophies though! :D Started a new character now, to play through with the benefit of what my first playthrough taught me. Started with the Master Key, and the first boss I slay shall be Quelaag! :D Either that, or Capra Demon, so that I can go rescue Laurentius.

New playthrough, and I am intending to not level past 25, to not only preserve the challenge, but to remain in a good level to PvP in certain areas. So far at lv25 or below I have downed:

Taurus Demon
Capra Demon
Bell Tower Gargoyles
Moonlight Butterfly
Great Grey Wolf Sif
Chaos Witch Quelaag
Ceaseless Discharge
Four Kings

I can OHKO Black Knights (or at least that one near the Hellkite Dragon, up the stairs), joined the Path of the Dragon covenant (whose PvP method kinda sucks btw. You lay a sign, and wait for a player who sees your sign to summon you), then left them to become a Darkwraith. Time to do some invading!

Very nice! I'm impressed you've managed to take down Four Kings at that level (although I had to get over my stubbornness to not use Heavy Armour and just shove on Havels to survive)

How are you finding it second time around playing it differently?

Much easier when you know what is ahead of you, and how to best spend your souls. Upgraded my Elite Knight Armour set to around +8, which makes it half way to being Havel levels of defence. Equipped Dark Wood Grain ring, so my roll speed is at maximum, and upgraed my Pyromancy Flame enough to one-shot most things and make some of the bosses easier. My level up points have been all in Vit, a few in Attune for slots, and a couple in Dex for the Estoc equip req.

Ornstein and Smough downed at level 25.

Also, invaded people hundreds of levels higher than me! XD Also invaded people at the same level as me and often OHKOed them. :D

Back