Dangerous Cartoon Act prevents new Crunchy showing?

can confirm now it is licencing

this is a licensing issue we are working with the licensor in order to
open up UK rights. we are working on it!

so looks like Crunchy are still trying to get a uk release

ta Reevo for the update

Project-2501 said:
Anyone notice that Haruhi has been removed from the UK viewable list on CR.

Kadokawa at it again?
So it has.
So this is most likely an issue with Kadokawa then.
Only have 3 shows from them up on there now.

Just done a compare US to UK on Crunchy.

Today it stands at 140 vs 101 which is 72%, in march it was 149 vs 102 so 68%. The US have lost some series, mostly ex-ADV. We've gained some new ones but lost Haruhi.

Back in Nov last year we could see just 84 titles, a measly 61%.

Project-2501 said:

Kadokawa at it again?
Darn. I watched Churuya-chan recently but no Haruhi-chan yet (they need a play all since opening the next video and going back to fullscreen every few minutes is annoying).
I still haven't seen the end of the 2009 season yet either. Got lost somewhere in the Endless Eight and never came out the other side.

Invisible Crane said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Man, it's almost as if they hate money.

No they do not, I really hate this "oh they won't do what I think they should do to make me and only me happy so therefore they hate making money" attitude
Pretending a ******** situation isn't ******** is not going to magicaly unmake it ********.

The fact that streaming rights have now changed from being "OK for UK" to being region blocked is a lot more troublesome than a preceved issue with DCA in my honest opinion.

Kadokawa love money and do everything to wrest it from suckers like me.

For a recent example:
Kiddy GiRL-and has different cover art on the limited and regular edition DVDs and blu-rays, and there are different extras on the blu-rays and the LE DVDs. There are 12 DVDs and 8 BDs so if you want all the different artwork that is 32 discs at Japanese prices. Want the boxes? You need to get the whole set now and send away for them.

I assume they either think they can get a better deal on UK streaming if they hold out for another offer rather than bundling it in with the US rights, or wanted to charge more than it was worth Crunchy paying for the rights. Why Haruhi was announced for the UK and suddenly removed remains to be seen.. it isn't impossible that someone else already has the UK streaming rights and Kadokawa sold them to Crunchy in error - just look at the recent débâcle over Sola, and no-one seems to know who has the UK rights for FMP:TSR.

Judging by the dates involved Haruhi went down for us when SW went up. We're also the only country that got Haruhi that didn't get SW.

So it likely went down for the same reason we didn't get SW, whatever that actualy was.

Invisible Crane said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Man, it's almost as if they hate money.

No they do not, I really hate this "oh they won't do what I think they should do to make me and only me happy so therefore they hate making money" attitude
Don't worry dude, Conan lives to moan about this stuff. Welcome to the forum to you, though.

Ryo Chan said:

Strike Witches Series 2 will be Airing in Full HD for the United States and the rest of North America, South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, the Middle East, and Africa.

However for the good old UK. Crunchy have decided not to stream the show

Strike Witches 2!!! This is All you called me in for!!

I thought it was gonna be something decent like chrome shelled regios thrown in there, not that I would watch it on "Munciebowl" anyhow

Project-2501 said:

Kadokawa at it again?

Actually its because CR never had the rights for streaming to the UK to begin with! This was a human error on geo-filtering as opposed to a technical one and very easy to do!

Sorry for any confusion on this and I'm sure the folks at CR are looking at how to arrange UK screenings of it again now :).

Best,

Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

That matches what someone else has been told by CR:
"Have emailed Crunchyroll support on the UK issue and it turns out this series was never supposed to be available in the UK in the first place so they have corrected the issue"
It isn't an error with the application of the filter though since they did specifically say that their license included the UK ("the British Isles" to be precise).
I'm not so bothered about the first series, it is the 2K9 episodes I'd like to see, especially if a UK release is unlikely.

Man, the way that rights are handeled, you'd think that there isn't an ever present shadow of bootleging a show on the internet and attaching subtitles to make said bootlegged show make sense and as such, the industy can sit on it's laurrals.

Oh wait, there's fansubs.

Now, I'm not saying Andrew or Mr. Manga are like that, but their higher ups and International compatriots need a severe kick up the ****.

I would have thought that when someone is licencing for the European market they would include the UK along with that. I mean Europe apparently is a bigger market, so why the UK is sliced seperately is intreguing. It's not like we're located just below Iceland in the middle of the Atlantic. :roll:

Back