UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

It is possible to ship to Europe.
Edit: Or wait maybe not, are anime DVDs and Blu-Rays considered Home Video? They seem to be excluded.

That's exactly the issue. If you go to Rightstuf and scroll through the page the button you need to press to get to dvds/blu rays is called "Home Video". I haven't tried ordering yet, but the fact Rightstuf calles them Home Video is a bad sign.

Screenshot_20231010-194056__01.jpg

A rightstuf anime Thank you/fair well email I got a few days back (sunday i think):

To Our Right Stuf Anime Family:

We want to send a heartfelt arigatou gozaimasu (thank you very much) for the incredible support, love, and fandom you’ve shown Right Stuf Anime over the years. We’ve been thrilled to help you express your love of anime, making memories and showing support for your favorite characters. We’re excited to be joining such a beloved anime brand: Crunchyroll. As one chapter closes, another exciting one begins!

Together, we’re combining our inventories and love for the anime and manga world to bring you more of what you love in one place. On October 10, the Crunchyroll Store will have over 30,000 products, with over 17,000 manga!

The worlds we’ve explored, the characters we’ve met, and the stories we’ve shared—they’ve shaped us, just as you have shaped our story. We hope that you’ll continue your personal anime and manga journey—exploring, dreaming, and feeling—with us at the Crunchyroll Store.

We know you may have some questions, and we’ve got answers. The Crunchyroll Store will feature our same low pricing on manga and home video products. Your Right Stuf open orders and pre-orders will still be processed by Right Stuf. We know how much premium packaging means to fans, and the Crunchyroll Store will continue to provide the same quality and protection that you’ve come to expect. You can read more about the integration and how your account is being updated at the FAQ page here.

From the bottom of our hearts, domo arigatou (thank you) and see you soon!

The Right Stuf Anime Team
So maybe there trying to be better (Crunchyroll) and maybe they will still do the sales and reasonable prices, maybe they kept some of the staff from rightstuf (maybe they even just replaced all the former cruchyroll staff with all the rightstuf staff, but i highly doubt, but we can dream)

Yet to try to see if they will do international (and if it viable) or not, or whether I'll have to dip my foot into using something like stackry

My wallet is prepared to wait for the dust to settle before attempting to work out what the Crunchyroll store thinks foreigners are allowed to buy. It's not like I've run out of stuff to watch.

I got all my 2023 pre-orders made for November and December with Rightstuf before they closed, so I won't have to make any purchases at the Crunchyroll store through the end of the year. I'll be holding off on any pre-orders for January or later until that time, so I can also wait for any kinks to get worked out with their site before I really have to deal with the CR store directly. I will need to be very choosy with what I buy in 2024 going forward as well; due to recent financial issues I'll only be able to afford maybe two titles per month instead of 10-12.

IIRC they're not known for good sales but I've seen the Crunchyroll Store recently respond to questions saying they'll be following much of Rightstuf's practices including their sales. Hopefully it'll be a case of CR taking what worked best with Rightstuf and applying it to their own store.
It already seems worse since the Discotek preorder discount is lower on the CR store than the RS store previously. With GA, I believe Discotek preorders were 40% off plus still eligible for coupon codes and now at the CR store, with the 10% promo or sub discount, the CR store has them at 33% off.

UK January releases appear to be Bluelock Season 1 Part 1, A Couple of Cuckoos Season 1 Part 2, I'm The Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss and Konosuba: Legend of Crimson (which was previously suggested for december, but wasn't listed by anyone)
Wild that they're not dubbing Bocchi for the US release. Kind of makes me glad we're not getting it (at least until the show inevitably is dubbed but they end up releasing the sub-only blu-ray here in a few years)

I am after some help please.
I am using Crunchyroll on my PC and Apple TV 4K, up until now everything has been fine but I have been trying to watch Gunbuster without success.
If I search for Gunbuster on the Crunchroll App It does not find it .If i look for it on Google on the web and click on the link that comes up, it comes up on the Crunchyroll App. If I then save it to my watchlist when I look for it It is not anywhere in the watchlist. If I save it to my crunchylist it saves ok, but when I click on it later and click the play button it just goes to the page about Gunbusterwith options to save but does not start and there is no play button. I am enabled to watch the mature content but cannot find anything I need to do.

I am using Crunchyroll on my PC and Apple TV 4K, up until now everything has been fine but I have been trying to watch Gunbuster without success.
If I search for Gunbuster on the Crunchroll App It does not find it .If i look for it on Google on the web and click on the link that comes up, it comes up on the Crunchyroll App. If I then save it to my watchlist when I look for it It is not anywhere in the watchlist. If I save it to my crunchylist it saves ok, but when I click on it later and click the play button it just goes to the page about Gunbusterwith options to save but does not start and there is no play button. I am enabled to watch the mature content but cannot find anything I need to do.
It’s for the US and Canada only along with the other Discotek titles on the site. If you’re not there, you’ll need to use a VPN or something.

Crunchyroll doesn't have the license to the UK. You can find it on ITV X as part of Anime Limited's partnership.

Seems a Crunchyroll premium channel is being added to Prime Video in the UK later this week. Two tiers will be available just like a standard Crunchyroll account.

This is currently available in the US and is being rolled out in the UK, Canada and Sweden with more territories to be added later.

Last edited:
Seems a Crunchyroll premium channel is being added to Prime Video in the UK later this week. Two tiers will be available just like a standard Crunchyroll account.

This is currently available in the US and is being rolled out in the UK, Canada and Sweden with more territories to be added later.
I remember there was a Funimation channel on Amazon before the buy out, about 75% of the content and loads of half series and missing episodes all for the same price.
Let's hope they don't F it up this time

I got a free 75 day pass to Crunchyroll with my Game Pass sub so thought I'd check it out, try out some shows etc more easily.

I'm running on Nvidia Shield TV so it uses the Android TV version of the app.

It's not great, can't skip intros, seems to have no bookmark points, I find it buffering sometimes (wired connection with 900/120 fibre internet) and I can't for the life of me find a way to mark shows as dropped/not interested, so stuff is sat on my continue list I don't want to continue with. Do I need to mark these as watched to get them to disappear? not sure.

Tried out Terror Formars and the first episode was terribly censored as well. I prefer uncensored versions, I found the bit to enable mature content, but not sure if this would still serve me this horribly censored epsiode.

Back