UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Came across Crunchyroll's March 2023 UK releases on Amazon.
View attachment 27407

Good to see Sing a Bit of Harmony finally release, been wanting to see that, will be picking that up along with the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 steelbook. The Slime Diaries as well, still not decided if I'll get the LE of Mushoku Tensei or wait for a complete season one collection. Have no interest in How Not to Summon a Demon Lord.

I was gonna whine about Attack on Titan but it seems like it's coming in march? Kinda disappointed Juju Kaisen is "only" a steelbook, but I'm more hyped about the animation than anything else. Cool seeing Mushoku part 2 getting ready for release as well, I want to get into that.

Now, just finish publishing Ranking of Kings and I'll be in consumption heaven

I was gonna whine about Attack on Titan but it seems like it's coming in march? Kinda disappointed Juju Kaisen is "only" a steelbook, but I'm more hyped about the animation than anything else. Cool seeing Mushoku part 2 getting ready for release as well, I want to get into that.

Now, just finish publishing Ranking of Kings and I'll be in consumption heaven
Oh dear...The email stated these were not to be released/announced until Friday...Someone at Amazon screwed up. Also, Jujutsu will be on standard formats.

It's such a shame, the amount of titles in their backlog and we only see a margin of them.
Personally it wouldn't bother me so much if there was no region locking; sure it would be expensive to import but at least you would be allowed to watch the product that you legitimately pay for if you really wanted the show on Blu-ray.

Personally it wouldn't bother me so much if there was no region locking; sure it would be expensive to import but at least you would be allowed to watch the product that you legitimately pay for if you really wanted the show on Blu-ray.

I do have a multi-region blu-ray player so I do plan to import what I can, when I can but local releases would be nicer on my bank 😅 though on the topic of region locking, the majority if not all recent releases from Crunchyroll in the U.S. have been region A + B which is a help for those without a region free player.

Came across Crunchyroll's March 2023 UK releases on Amazon.
View attachment 27407
These have gone live, so have put in an initial placeholder order for the JJK 0 Steelbook and Sing a Bit of Harmony

Also, Crunchyroll released its US Lineup, Attack On Titan The Final Season Part 2 and Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO are in there so, we will hopefully see those later. I have my doubts about Heaven Official's Blessing (and its LE) but who knows.

Here's that US lineup fyi

These have gone live, so have put in an initial placeholder order for the JJK 0 Steelbook and Sing a Bit of Harmony

Also, Crunchyroll released its US Lineup, Attack On Titan The Final Season Part 2 and Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO are in there so, we will hopefully see those later. I have my doubts about Heaven Official's Blessing (and its LE) but who knows.

Here's that US lineup fyi

I am surprised there isn't at least a steelbook for DBS: Super Hero seeing as Broly did but the U.S. listing doesn't include the JJK 0 steelbook yet the U.K. listing does so I guess there is still a chance Super Hero will get one over here at least. Can't say I'm surprised Crunchy skipped on the 4K for Super Hero though, had a feeling they would.

I hope Crunchy UK can prove me wrong and release the LE of Mieruko-chan but I'm not confident on that one.

EDIT: I haven't seen Heaven's Official Blessing but glad to see Chinese animation getting some love, is a nice looking LE. AoT I will of course pick-up as well when it comes to the U.K. release.

I do have a multi-region blu-ray player so I do plan to import what I can, when I can but local releases would be nicer on my bank 😅 though on the topic of region locking, the majority if not all recent releases from Crunchyroll in the U.S. have been region A + B which is a help for those without a region free player.
Indeed, I also have a multi region player but I prefer to watch stuff on my PS3, as it is properly plugged in while the player is not, I've only got so many plugs, I also prefer the UI of the PS3; the player is usually to give me a bit of cover when importing, so that I don't have to send back the show if it's not compatible; not to mention the fact that not everyone has one and it really shouldn't be a requirement to watch what one pays for IMO.

I'll definitely be getting the LE of Heaven Official's Blessing.

I'm still surprised no one has licensed Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) as I would think that bigger popularity-wise than Heaven Official's Blessing.

I'll definitely be getting the LE of Heaven Official's Blessing.

I'm still surprised no one has licensed Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) as I would think that bigger popularity-wise than Heaven Official's Blessing.
I believe Mo Dao Zu Shi is tied to Aniplex in Japan which is probably why Crunchyroll or Funimation had yet to acquire it.

Disappointed that theres no LE for JJK 0, looks like I will have to import the Japanese LE but then its going to be DVD hight. Man you just can’t win. Also no lenticular cover version? Come on Crunchyroll. Very nice looking steelbook though.

Disappointed that theres no LE for JJK 0, looks like I will have to import the Japanese LE but then its going to be DVD hight. Man you just can’t win. Also no lenticular cover version? Come on Crunchyroll. Very nice looking steelbook though.
When did Funimation ever release a LE for a movie? Especially for one that is tied to an anime series?

Regarding the lenticular cover variant: I wouldn't be surprised if this would get a store-exclusive release (e.g. HMV or Zavvi)

Back