UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Oh nice, I was a bit worried Crunchyroll UK would skip out on The Quintessential Quintuplets S2 and Zombie Land Saga Revenge, will be picking those two up for sure, some of my favourites.

Interesting we're getting the Slime S2 LE despite us never getting the S1 LE, will likely wait and see if they'll do a steelbook for S2 like they did with S1 and if not that, will wait for the standard complete S2 release. I will pick up the LE for Horimiya though, enjoyed that quite a bit.

Eden of the East, Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions and Noragami Aragato I would still like to get the AL CE's of but not fussed if I do or not, won't be getting these standards at full price.

Still need to start picking up the complete season sets of Fruits Basket so will get S3 down the road though may pick up Prelude earlier as that isn't available to stream currently.

Mushoku Tensei and Ranking of Kings I will wait for the complete season sets.

How A Realist Rebuilt the Kingdom and The Dungeon of Black Company I don't know enough about, I'm not the biggest isekai fan, so I mainly pick and choose the ones I know I enjoy or seem interesting.

Was hoping to see a complete season set for Steins;Gate 0 but I imagine we'll see that soon enough, no word on Haruhi still after being leaked all that time back, will I ever get my LE of that.

Last edited:
Yea these are pricy, granted, the other LEs haven't sold out yet so, may be worth waiting for discounts (the AoT: The Final Season LE has a £79.99 RRP and doesn't go for above £50 on Amazon these days)
I would also say these are cheaper than importing.... except in the case of the Fruits Basket The Final Season LE, that may not be the case 😬
Still, at least these shows have made the way over, despite some confusing pricing.

Price comparisons on the limited edition sets for those interested:

Anime:SRPMVM's AOLZavviUP1
(Funi UK)
UP1
(Funi US)
The Dungeon of Black Company£74.99£56.24£59.99 + £2 P&PTBCTBC
Fruits Basket: The Final Season£89.99£67.49£74.99 + £2 P&PTBC£63.05 + £4.25 P&P
Horimiya£74.99£56.24£59.99 + £2 P&PTBCTBC
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 1£74.99£56.24£59.99 + £2 P&PTBC£65 + £4.25 P&P
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 1 Part 1£74.99£56.24£59.99 + £2 P&PTBCTBC
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2£84.99£63.74£69.99 + £2 P&PTBC£69 + £2 P&P

kExOXBDl.png

@Lucky_Deity Slime S1 did get a LE but I believe it sold out quite quickly.

I'm surprised S2 of Slime is getting a LE since part 1 didn't come with a slipcase, so it'll look weird with part 2 in the box as it should have a slip case.
The UK never got their hands on the limited edition set. Some of us had to import instead.

@Lucky_Deity Slime S1 did get a LE but I believe it sold out quite quickly.

I'm surprised S2 of Slime is getting a LE since part 1 didn't come with a slipcase, so it'll look weird with part 2 in the box as it should have a slip case.
The UK never got their hands on the limited edition set. Some of us had to import instead.

Yeah, what I meant was the UK not getting the S1 LE, should had specified more 😅

How A Realist Rebuilt the Kingdom and The Dungeon of Black Company I don't know enough about, I'm not the biggest isekai fan, so I mainly pick and choose the ones I know I enjoy or seem interesting.
I enjoyed both shows, granted I like a lot of isekai so this is no surprise here.

But if you want a show more focused on the political side and finances, then Realist Hero is worth a watch. Cast is great too.

Dungeon of Black Company has a rough start because the main character will make or break your opinion on the show, but the rest of the series was an enjoyable watch. Plus it has a fun subplot along the way that references a lot of classic action films.

Honestly out of all of these releases, I'm really surprised they skipped Full Dive.

really wishing they'd start using blogposts for these announcement releases, the zavvi site is horrible to use

is this Eden of the East re-release with both movies as well?

guess i'll be getting quints s2 for yotsuba and zombieland saga for Tae obviously

I enjoyed both shows, granted I like a lot of isekai so this is no surprise here.

But if you want a show more focused on the political side and finances, then Realist Hero is worth a watch. Cast is great too.

Dungeon of Black Company has a rough start because the main character will make or break your opinion on the show, but the rest of the series was an enjoyable watch. Plus it has a fun subplot along the way that references a lot of classic action films.

Honestly out of all of these releases, I'm really surprised they skipped Full Dive.

Ah, that sounds pretty interesting actually, more so Realist, may have to give them a watch sometime though I have such a backlog building up atm 😂

I'm big-time in for Realist Hero, going to be picking up the US LE box set for that.

Also in for Horimiya and Fruits basket S3, but again the US set for Fruits Basket, to finally fill the big collection storage box I have for the series.

Haven't seen any of Jobless Reincarnation, but I do like isekai, so I'll have to check it out.

I'm sorry, Zombieland Sage Revenge is how much for 12 episodes as a standard release?
I'm pretty sure that's how much the LE cost when the first season came out.

Jobless Reincarnation, Horimiya, and Slime S2 are definitely must haves for me though. Like others I'm surprised S2 for a LE for the UK. Was preparing to import that. What on earth drives the decision for which LE comes to the UK? S2 here but not S1? Dr Stone gets S1 but not S2? Weird.

Very happy about Horimiya, LE no less, as I'd just been wondering about needing to import that eventually. But the bloody funimation crunchyroll pricing - ouch! Also definitely grabbing fruits basket but SE for that to match all my SE parts for seasons 1&2 (also annoyed I didn't just wait in expectation of the new SEs containing just 1 whole season in each case... May need to get those and sell my individual parts for the sake of shelf space). Quite a few others of definite interest here that I'm yet to watch first, so wallet won't be battered even more.

Hard pass on all of these. Only ones I am interested in is Grimgar and Eden of the East but I will just import the cheaper US version of Grimgar and get the old Manga UK Eden of the East or AL CE of Eden of the east. The prices just seem to keep going up, especially when they are now charging £40+ for half a season. I would pay £40+ for a collectors edition not a standard. I also find it funny how people above are talking about how the UK branch found it so hard to get there hands on LEs when Australia was able to get so many LEs and barely any of them sold. You can still find many on Madmans website, as an example have seen Cautious Hero LEs go for 40 AUD which is around 23 GBP.

With regards to Zombie Land Saga Revenge and Quintessential Quintuplets 2 does anyone know if the US is going to have (have had) Ltd Ed versions?

Back