UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Double post, I've found some more listings on Zavvi with two very interesting ones.

Fairy Gone - Season 1 - Fairy Gone: The Complete Season 1

Radiant - Season 1 - Radiant: Complete Season 1

Darling in the FranXX - Complete Series - Darling in the Franxx: The Complete Series

Dragon Ball Super - Complete Series - Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series

Evangelion 1.11 You're (Not) Alone) - Evangelion 1.11 Youre Not Alone Special Edition

Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance) - Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance

Dragon Ball Super looks to be a re-print of the OOP complete set unless they're just using the same images as a placeholder and not sure on if Eva 1.11 and 2.22 are re-prints of the Manga Ent. releases or if they include the Amazon dubs but very interesting re-releases nonetheless.

EDIT: Even more re-releases, these seem to be DVD only.

Ben-To - Ben-To Complete Series Collection

Freezing - Freezing - The Complete Series

Cat Planet Cuties - Cat Planet Cuties

Last edited:
If these are all the new titles then the ones on my list to buy will definitely be Dragon Maid S, Combatants and MHA Movie 3.
I know MHA will be getting a steelbook so will get that version to match my other movie steelbooks, @Jon O Fun you just mentioned you've come across a Limited Edition for Combatants so will have to get that, enjoyable alternative to KonoSuba and I hope Dragon Maid S gets a LE.

It had been so long I didn't think Magus Bride or CCS would get complete season sets over here, already own the part sets for CCS but nice to finally have a complete set for Magus Bride, will pick that up eventually as well. One Piece I still have a lot to catch up on in terms of releases and I saw a little of Boonies when it started airing but never got back to it, liked what I saw though so may pick that up as well.

EDIT: Had a look through Amazon myself, didn't spot a LE for Dragon Maid but I did for Boonies.
MHA World Heroes steelbook (how much?!?!?!) and a 3 movie collection up for pre order.

Screenshot_20220506-134110_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Strange, grabbing those EVA 1.11 & 2.22 rereleases would be a good idea if you haven't already, since there's no way of knowing what will happen with those in future.

I would rather Cat Planet Cuties NOT have the PAL speedup, that makes characters sound like chipmunks, these issues plagued a LOT of Manga's self authored titles including the first season of Attack on Titan!

Also I am wary to use HMV again as they charged me nearly FOUR times for £34.99 due to a software issue, just to get Wonder Egg Priority(they have refunded me since!) ! I'll wait for Amazon to pick it up

Strange, grabbing those EVA 1.11 & 2.22 rereleases would be a good idea if you haven't already, since there's no way of knowing what will happen with those in future.
Very weird, I'd understand if it was 2.22 & 3.33 but don't AL still hold the license for 1.11?
Unless AL's license is up and Crunchyroll snapped it up which all but kills the prospect of AL continuing their movie releases.

Very weird, I'd understand if it was 2.22 & 3.33 but don't AL hold the license for 1.11 still?
Unless AL's license is up and Crunchyroll snapped it up which all but kills the prospect of AL continuing their movie releases.
AL's 1.11 is 5 years old at this point, wouldn't be surprised if they no longer have the license.

in for FranXX and Fairy Gone, was gonna buy both parts of Fairy Gone last week as i was about to give in but the seller was being a bit assy with me so i decided not to, good thing i did

I guess it makes sense to re-release the first movies in the Evangelion rebuild movie series as the 4th movie will probably get released soon (assuming it's been licensed for home release, rather than just streaming)

Back