UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Wait, has a BD release of SAC ever actually been announced for the UK? Last I heard was they had no plans for one at the moment, and that was only like a month ago :/ Or are we just assuming it's going to be a thing at some point? (I guess it's a pretty safe bet, but still.)

Wait, has a BD release of SAC ever actually been announced for the UK? Last I heard was they had no plans for one at the moment, and that was only like a month ago :/ Or are we just assuming it's going to be a thing at some point? (I guess it's a pretty safe bet, but still.)
Not officially, but Jerome has basically confirmed it's coming.

Should be worth noting, since some people may be planning to pick up the KR SAC sets after this news, that the English subs on those aren't without issue either.

They contain a multitude of formatting errors, likely as a result of being created via OCR and not checked: The occasional missed space, uppercase I being rendered as lowercase l (especially noticeable whenever there's talk about AIs), and whenever something would normally be italicised for emphasis, it instead is placed in quotes.

Mostly just minor annoyances and nothing that takes away from understanding and enjoying the show, but they're issues that some might have a problem with. Thought I'd put that out there before someone goes and spends £120+ and ends up slightly disappointed.

They also misspell Shirow Masamune's name on the boxes lol

Last edited:
a competent self-authored UK release.
Self authored from Manga? The people that use random chapter points, incorrect subs(AoT) and leave out signs/songs translations.

Is they do self author SAC they will probaly forget the signs/songs/on screen text translation like they did with the DVD release. The translation were there on the Bandai US DVDs.

Self authored from Manga? The people that use random chapter points, incorrect subs(AoT) and leave out signs/songs translations.

Is they do self author SAC they will probaly forget the signs/songs/on screen text translation like they did with the DVD release. The translation were there on the Bandai US DVDs.
Was Death Note that bad? I thought they just dropped all the extras.

The Korean sets are nice but the shipping is horrendous not including any customs fee's. I would wait and see on this one and them make an informed choice.

You can adjust the customs invoice with KimchiDVD, 20£/€/$ on the invoice and you should be okay.
It worked pretty well for me, and my country (Belgium) is reputed for having one of the worst customs in the world.

You can adjust the customs invoice with KimchiDVD, 20£/€/$ on the invoice and you should be okay.
It worked pretty well for me, and my country (Belgium) is reputed for having one of the worst customs in the world.
For a start £15 is the UK limit, so £20 would still get hit.

But, if HMRC has reason to suspect the invoice is wrong, they can and will open the package to find out. So you could still end up getting hit.

Ignoring the fact it's probably illegal and definitely immoral to tamper with your invoice. If you were to order both at once, asking Kimchi DVD to mark them as commercial samples would probably be the best route.

He then clarifies further:

Jerome said:
It's more frustration than anything else with how difficult it is packaging and releasing anime these days.

I wasn't planning on using US GITSAC BD edition, but if no other alternative can be found I will. Understand it won't please everyone. But! For the record. Not planning on using US edition at this stage.

So ultimately he's not going to be doing it in-house and if no other English-speaking region does a decent set we might be out of luck. It's entirely down to the rest of the world (as usual) with us scraping from whatever they do.

R

In other words, he very frankly said a whole lot of nothing and the situation is still very much in the air ^^;

(I'm not blaming him for that - it's obvious he has no idea as things stand and the poor guy can't confirm what he doesn't know. But it's an example of how someone being blunt and direct is not necessarily more informative than someone being polite.)

R

Back