Crunchyroll Autumn 2011 Line Up

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
We have one for AnimeOnDemand, so why not Crunchyroll too?

Current List of titles:
1) Squid Girl (Season 2)
2) Hunter x Hunter
3) You and Me (Kimi to Boku)
4) Chihayafuru
5) Fate/Zero
6) Working'!! (Season 2)
7) Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2
8) Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls (US & Canada only)

Anyways, Crunchyroll have already began their stream of the second season of Squid Girl, and today they have announced yet another title: Hunter x Hunter; a brand new adaptation of the manga sometimes jokingly called Hiatus x Hiatus.

EDIT: You and Me (Kimi to Boku) announced.
EDIT 2: Chihayafuru announced
EDIT 3: Fate/Zero announced
EDIT 4: Working'!! announced
EDIT 5: Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi 2 announced.

Ah nice, I was tempted not to watch HxH since they're starting from the beginning again, but with it being on CR it makes it easier to not ignore.

Crunchyroll to stream Hunter x Hunter this autumn

With October just beginning as I post this, the new anime season is about to get into full swing, and with that in mind streaming anime web site Crunchyroll has just announced another addition to their autumn line-up.

The series is Hunter x Hunter, the enduringly popular manga series which has been running since 1998 and will now enjoy its second TV anime outing courtesy of Madhouse. Serving as a grounds-up reboot of the franchise, this 2011-style version of the series will again chronicle the journey of young Gon Freecss as he sets out to follow in his father's footsteps by becoming a Hunter, capable of tracking down all sorts of hidden treasures and mysterious creatures.

The series begins this Sunday at 4:30AM UK time, with episodes going live each week at the same time.

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Crunch ... utumn.html

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-7 ... you-and-me

Crunchyroll also have "You and Me (Kimi to Boku)":
"Friends since kindergarten and seemingly like blood brothers, You and Me follows the lives of Yuta and Yuki Asaba, Shun Matsuokan and Kaname Tsukahara; as well as transfer student Chizuru Tachibana who joins the circle of friends. Together we will watch as they laugh, dance, cry and share the memories of growing up together in everyday life.”

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Chihay ... yroll.html

Crunchyroll also have Chihayafuru. Synopsis:

“Chihaya Ayase is a sixth grader whose dream is for her older sister to become the top model in Japan. But one day, a transfer student, Arata Wataya, tells her that her dream should be about herself. Arata's dream is to become a famous competitive Karuta player. Chihaya is somewhat shocked when she sees how intense the normally reserved Arata gets about the card game.

Eventually, she and her childhood friend Taichi Mashima find themselves being captivated by Karuta. Arata is thrilled by Chihaya's talent and extraordinary hearing, as well as the fact that he has friends to play Karuta with now, but they are forced to go their separate ways after graduating from grade school.

Four years later, Chihaya enters high school and discovers that Arata, who returned to Fukui, no longer plays Karuta. However, she believes that if she continues to play, they will one day be reunited. And so, she and Taichi start a Karuta club at Mizusawa High School.”

I'll stick to Nico Nico. I have a premium subscription on both sites so no player issues (probably going to let my CR subscription lapse soon though) >_>;

Over 11k hits on the legit stream already, blowing the stuff which streamed localised on the .com site last season out of the water...

R

Rui said:
I'll stick to Nico Nico. I have a premium subscription on both sites so no player issues (probably going to let my CR subscription lapse soon though) >_>;

Over 11k hits on the legit stream already, blowing the stuff which streamed localised on the .com site last season out of the water...

R
...but CR has 720p? :?

Just Passing Through said:
And wow of wows, unlike last season, it looks like everything so far announced has been licenced for the UK as well!

It's like they could tell last season left disloyal subscribers like me cold and they want to get us to renew :S

R

It's probably because they lost enough subscriptions for them to notice we UK people like anime too xD

I'm just waiting for someone to announce Shakugan no Shana III.

Crunchycrunchycrunchyroll!

Working'!! being streamed to the UK is all kinds of awesome.

Rui said:
Eh, the PQ on CR is still higher than NND, IMO.

/abbreviations week has started

Crunchyroll have been fairly solid with their picking up of female-focused shows at times, would be interesting to know what their subscriber demographic is.

I'm guessing the UK demographic is mostly female:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ime-lineup

Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls announced. The first title this season not available in the UK.

Synopsis:
“It’s one thing to honor your ancestors and keep old traditions alive, but there IS such a thing as taking it to a ridiculous extreme. In Kawakami City, having a samurai ancestor and enormous ‘fighting spirit’ isn’t just an interesting fact, it’s a huge part of how you end up being ranked on the social totem pole. That, in turn, rolls over into the school curriculum. Fortunately, that’s something the local kids like Yamato Naoe have learned to deal with by forming into small ‘bands,’ (that’s the samurai type, NOT music.)

However, while the delicate sexual balance of Yamato’s group seemed fine when there were three girls and four boys, the sudden addition of two MORE girls starts to send everything spinning out of control! Seven’s a band of samurai and nine is a riot as boys, girls and naked blades all come together in MAJIKOI OH! SAMURAI GIRLS!”

Shakugan no Shana III begins airing in just under 5 minutes...so now I'm going to have to accept that I'm the only person who cares about it T_T

I've still not seen Shana II anyway. Only recently got around to finishing off the first series for that matter. Working!! is kinda useless without the first series also.

Back