Count to a Million

Because it's utterly f*cking pointless. It served for a couple of years as a kind of hidden general conversation thread... How that originally came about I don't know, but Tachi, Voddas, Blackwolf, Rena, myself and other posters now lost to time went through a period of chatting in this thread almost every weekday. Now that we have a dedicated general conversation thread, it's just posting numbers again. Which as I said before is just UTTERLY F*CKING POINTLESS. It's not fun, entertaining or interesting. It's a waste of time and bandwidth.

Simple, I don't believe in invoking authority to fight my battles for me. Never have.

This thread was the subject of debate once upon a time, and after the General Conversation thread was set up and given official approval I said I was more than happy for it to be deleted. It hasn't been. That was the decision of the powers that be and it's really none of my business. Why anybody continues to bump it I have no idea, but you asked the question of why people are hostile to it and I answered.

Re:

ayase said:
This thread was the subject of debate once upon a time, and after the General Conversation thread was set up and given official approval I said I was more than happy for it to be deleted. It hasn't been. That was the decision of the powers that be and it's really none of my business. Why anybody continues to bump it I have no idea, but you asked the question of why people are hostile to it and I answered.

Simply put, because the off-topic part of the forums is only moderated for trolling and spamming.
It's our way to let everyone post whatever they like, create forums games or even to be silly and count to a million. This way, we can keep the quality of posts in the Anime & Manga forums which is the main purpose of AUKN's existence clean and tidy, but at the same time, we offer people a place to do any silliness they'd like.

It doesn't hurt anyone and as it's restricted to one area of the forums, it can be easilly ignored by anyone who only wants "on-topic" notifications, for instance.

We're going backwards, so that the people of this "stupid" game may have what limited time they have left to count back to 0.
Therefore, it will come to an abrupt end before getting to 1 million, and it will give those who are infatuated with the counting some time to gradually and gently come away from this seemingly addictive and precarious predicament.

20120405_sd_damien_sandow-1.jpg

Back