Concluding February, beginning March

valha said:
Miaka-chan said:
valha said:
If a person is going to sell bootlegs on ebay they should at least let people know what they are and that they are not the real thing. What i hate the most is when people try to sell bootlegs saying that they are the real thing.

If they did that, they wouldn't be able to sell them!

Alot of people buy bootlegs knowing what they are anyway.

My sentiments exactly!
I can't believe there are still people who don't realise they aren't the "real thing" :shock:

Animated FatCat said:
Paul said:
Incidently, the Love Hina #6 disc contains trailers for GunGrave and Full Metal Alchemist. The GG trailer is fine (even though it's just the opening animation) but the FMA trailer was a bit too cheesy for my tastes- you know the classic gruff American voice that narrates every Hollywood trailer, well, FMA has got one just like him ;)

Is that the 'but they're not alone' trailer? The one on the official FMA site? I thought it was awesome! (I like the dub). It sort of set up the scene with slow build-up, then it kicks in with pounding orchestral music and great action scenes from the series, and ends with a BANG! I know its cheesy but I enjoyed it, different strokes for different folks, hehe.

Also it was the first I'd ever seen of the series that everyone kept talking about, I'd never seen the fansubs, so I only had that trailer and a couple of clips to go on before the Vol.1 R1 release, which I have now got. Its annoying that it'll probably take up to two years till it all gets released, even longer for the R2's :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Ah, Gravelly- Voiced Voicover Man - the most overworked guy in the film industry! i dunno whether it's one bloke or several trained to speak like that, but even NGE platinum uses him! i much prefer them to have just good music and clips from the show with onscreen text in between. it's so cliched! instead of making the trailers seem more dramatic, they come across as laughable.

That may be so, but theres a sort of familiar, warm, fuzzy, recognisable oddity about HIM, that just endears me to it, or him, or them, or the voicebox thing.

You hear him in so many trailers, there has to be some tongue-in-cheek thinking behind some of them :)

Trailers are supposed to be fun, and in a way the cheese suits some particular trailers. I 'm sure I wouldn't have been half as interested in seeing FMA for the first time if it wasn't for 'Gravelly-Voiced Voiceover Man' with the sombre, slow intro kicking into the pounding music and the action scenes.

Or something.

Back