Channel 4 might show more anime

Tachi, stating the obvious does not make one look smart. If a retarded monkey (no Lupus racism jokes here!) posts on AUKN, then that monkey must surely understand that more anime on TV equals more possible Wapanese being born. It isn't too difficult to comprehend. (Anime will never be big enough for TV in a country that's pretty much racist when it comes to the Japanese and will never accept that adults can enjoy 'cartoons', but let's ignore that.)

My post was aimed at the established fans who make a big deal of anime being on TV because they want to watch anime on TV. Everyone knows the proper way to watch anime is the fansub way, so why bother with restrictive TV times? 'Tis silly.

Also, Lupus likes saying "lol at/@", and so do I. I feel we're becoming closer of late.

PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:
I think there were certain issues before that anime didn't last long but i think that now it would be easier to show it becuase:

The modern audience now is completely different from ten years ago and they would more open to anime and a popular tv and film critic 'Johnathon Ross' watches anime and he interviewed miyazaki on the japnorama series so he would spread it

One of the problems is back in the day due to some anime content is that people wouldn't stay up till 2 or 3 to wacth it but now with sky+ and V+ and the ever changing teenage audience are more likely to stay up and watch it and record it

Since film4 has shown ghibli and the death note films it would be easier for new audiences to get into the anime because
it's different and then they would be interested in the anime now and it happend to me like that (Thank You Film4)

Major actors like Samuel Jackson and Lucy Lui appeared in anime which was shown once on uk tv and directors like James Cameron plans to make aremake of Battle Angel so you can't say it hasn't got celebrity status appeal

Licensing would still be expensive but if they were smart to invest in a series like bleach, death note or ful metal alchemist then they would get the most money out of it

There is more dubbed high quality anime and a growing anime audience since from when they last showed anime

A series like 'Dexter' (Non Anime) did well because it operated in a grey area, and this show that nearly got banned has got mass appeal and gettin loads of ratings. They could potentailly get the same results if anime(Death Note) was shown. People are more open to death and even it deoes get slated it will just produce more publicity for it

Becuase no anime is shown you don't see any companies advertise anything at all related to anime so if the channel shows anime, companies will get interested and start to advertise therefore makin ch4 money

Channel 4 has a type of policy to show niche material such as the current indian films being shown and the japanese film season, Every niche is more or less acounted for on all of the channels sometime a week but anime is not so ch4 could start the massive anime craze on uk tv which it once had before

Start of the new year and the new decade, big brothers goin down and because of that you need something big to appeal or shock fans

e4 is more or less a teenage audience and they could advertise on that channel

I know it's only small but when a ghibli film is shown nobody except me blogs about it and in my topic other films like spirited away ans metropolis was mentioned which i hadn't had heard since the post and theres no ads for it (Thats why it doesnt get high ratings). Anime in uk on the internet is more connected and if it is shown then all the blogs will know therefore inforing all the people

Sorry for the long message but I can't see any reason why anime is not shown if someone disagrees please tell me but i think they should

i might email ch4 this but word it more formally

I agree.

Okay, so I got a reply from asking for those show I mentioned earlier, they thought I wanted them to repeat the Death Note movies *facepalm*

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding DEATH NOTE.

There are no current plans to repeat this film on any of our channels at
present. However, please be assured that your interest in seeing it has been
logged and noted for the information of those responsible.

We do not have the rights to show BLEACH, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST and COWBOY
BEBOP; however, your interest for seeing these has also been logged.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for
your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Penny Watson
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

For information about Channel 4 have a look at our FAQ section at
www.channel4.com/help

Jimmy Carr takes the chair in another series of 8 out of 10 Cats. Starting 8
January at 10pm on Channel 4

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
I would most like to see:
Death Note
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop

You have shown the Death Note live-action movies on Film4 and the other
three did well on the old AnimeCentral channel

chaos said:
I think we should try a viral campaign to get Channel 4 to show Death note.... Paradooxx, can you share the email you used to request the shows?
Yeah, that might work, if they get a lot of requests for them to show Death Note, they might consider showing it

Tachi- said:
Possibly because some believe that increasing awareness of anime would aid the markets across here, meaning that if there appears to be a sudden surge to the need/market for anime in the UK. Then more anime may be dubbed and released here?

The flipside being it may introduce new 'fans' who then go off and leech rather than watch the channel or buy DVDs.

I'd say the reason Animax is doing well in Europe is probably down to a lack of local language fansubs. They really don't have as much choice.

I love this idea. I know Channel 4 already show Ghibli movies on occasion, but showing actual series would be excellent. It could have a very positive effect on the UK anime industry by allowing it to be seen by a larger audience.

I agree that they should definitely show Death Note. Have you explained that you mean the animated series not the live-action?

Aion said:
Tachi, stating the obvious does not make one look smart. If a retarded monkey (no Lupus racism jokes here!) posts on AUKN, then that monkey must surely understand that more anime on TV equals more possible Wapanese being born. It isn't too difficult to comprehend. (Anime will never be big enough for TV in a country that's pretty much racist when it comes to the Japanese and will never accept that adults can enjoy 'cartoons', but let's ignore that.)

My post was aimed at the established fans who make a big deal of anime being on TV because they want to watch anime on TV. Everyone knows the proper way to watch anime is the fansub way, so why bother with restrictive TV times? 'Tis silly.

Also, Lupus likes saying "lol at/@", and so do I. I feel we're becoming closer of late.

As we all know, internet sarcasm is easily mistaken. I wasn't sure if you where being serious or not.

Anyway, i'm not right bothered if they show it or not. If they do then fair enough it may increase awareness and induce new fans, and if they don't then its not really a loss. Its similar to christmas really, people can own the series on dvd....but the moment its on the tv at a set time it makes it all the more important, even better to watch and people lap it up.

(just look at women who own love actualy, when they show it around christmas for unknown reasons the woman says "we MUST watch that!" as if she didn't own it on dvd and could have watched it at any time)

I've seen deathnote, own series 1-3 of bleach and own the complete cowboy bebop and FMA series, So if they show them, it won't even matter to me.

liamoflegends said:
It'll definatly increase awareness, but the problem is finding suitable slots I guess.
I guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem putting anime in a late-night slot. As far as I know, both in Japan and America Death Note was shown at times some people could claim to be ridiculous, but still became a sucess in both countries (to be fair though, Death Note was already big in Japan thanks to Shonen Jump. The western popularity increased greatly after it's US broadcast)

It would be great if this actually worked, but lets face it. If the Ghibli movies had pulled in great numbers in ratings they wouldn't need to ask for peoples suggestions. When they reply with "we don't have the licence for.....so can't show it" Well no **** Sherlock! So you asked us for suggestions, We gave you suggestions, now go buy the licence to show it. It's just pathetic lipservice. Don't get your hopes up. :roll:

Mohawk52 said:
It would be great if this actually worked, but lets face it. If the Ghibli movies had pulled in great numbers in ratings they wouldn't need to ask for peoples suggestions. When they reply with "we don't have the licence for.....so can't show it" Well no **** Sherlock! So you asked us for suggestions, We gave you suggestions, now go buy the licence to show it. It's just pathetic lipservice. Don't get your hopes up. :roll:

The way I see it, if they get many requests for it, they might consider getting the rights :roll:

Well, I got the reply and they said..

Dear .....,

Thank you for contacting us regarding DEATH NOTE and BLEACH.

We would advise that we have no plans at present to broadcast these anime
series.

Please be assured, however, that we have noted and logged your interest in
such for the attention of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for
your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Rachel Salinger
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

The expected answer really but lke Paradox said, the more people that send in emails theres a more of a chance of them getting the rights.

Heres the link : http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W ... act_ve.tem

So come on guys, it only takes about 10 mins to do!

I haven't done it, but is everyone doing the same one or two? You don't want to many conflicting emails or demands for series.

It's also interesting that all the replies posted are by different women, and they all refer to them a bit differently. Anime series, anime programmes, films...

Can I just say thank you to Paradox295 for starting this topic now even if it's a slim chance we might have a chance of seeing anime on ch4
But we cant just send a few emails we need to carry this on for a while so they take us seriously, Therefore don't request unlikely anime's like cowboy bebop and bleach even though it is my favourite you shouldnt post it because the licenses would be more expensive and have alot of episodes
its safe to say Death Note because film4 are familiar with it and its just amazing
Afro Samurai because of samuel jackson and the limited episodes and one movie even thhough its really violent
Full Metal Alchemist would be more of a stretch but i still think its possible
Don't just get this website to spread appeal blog about it on others

You'd be far better off asking for movies or OVAs. Certainly thats a better idea than asking for series that have already been shown on UK TV.

And there is a teeny tiny detail you've left off. I'll let you figure it out.

33 members so far, people be sure to make your friends join ( even if they do not know the series ), The more we push the better. But is there any way to raise awareness of this because other than this forum, I don't think much know about this :roll:

Mo3ooo said:
33 members so far, people be sure to make your friends join ( even if they do not know the series ), The more we push the better. But is there any way to raise awareness of this because other than this forum, I don't think much know about this :roll:
Posting to other forums could help, other than than, I'm not sure.

stuart-says-yes said:
Paradox295 said:
Mo3ooo said:
Posting to other forums could help, other than than, I'm not sure.

i tryed speading the word but was met with a big fat NO

edit : other forums are not so welcoming of links

Did you only just sign up? Some forums only let you post links if you have posted before to keep the spambots out

Back