Call of Duty 4

I just got it today as well as getting my subscription to Live set up. Played the single player for a little bit and it seems kind of average. However, the multiplayer seems to be a big improvement on the previous games. I'll post more definitive thoughts another time.

Yeah, I know it's necro, but I don't care.

I have it myself, pretty good game, Veteran mode is impossible though. I'm only on Charlie Don't Surf and the television station part... -facepalm- I don't even want to think about it. Online play I do enjoy myself though, although I wasn't very good at it for a while, then I suddenly just... got better.

Roadie said:
I agree with Ryo Chan on that scene :)
The sniper level is great fun, playing the game on hardened the last section waiting for the chopper was hell, can't imagine it on the harder difficulty
So far it seems what makes CoD 4 so good is its got so much more to it than just having a big shoot out around every corner (Although it does have a lot, its a shooter after all). For instance at one point you gotta chase a man, another point you gotta go recon and stealth. Theres more to it, but I don't wanna spoil anything for those that haven't played through it yet.

i agree, try it on veteran lvl tho :(
i worked out if you get a dragunov snipers rifle and a ak-47 and drop the guy on the banking, then he says you have 30 seconds. run directly to where the mass of people appear (only they wont appear if you get there intime :) and sit there, you only have to fight off the dogs and a few stragglers who walk round and find you. that is all ok until the chopper appears and you have to go from one end of the field to the other to pick the sgt up and get him to the chopper before it flies off and have to fight off the masses of people that were dropped off by enemy choppers:( (i was very unfortunate the first time....was about to get in and it flew off lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nemphtis said:
By the way for those of you who were wondering, many are saying that the game's most difficult moment is when you're playing on Veteran while waiting for the helicopter to extract you from the amusement park during the sniper mission.

i've played this game through on veteran and can absolutely bloody corfirm this, a close second is the timed section on the second to last level

Last edited by a moderator:
I won Free-for-all five times in a row the other day. lol. God I love Team Deathmatch and Search and Destroy.

S&D is definatley my favourite like. Team Death match and free-4-all is good for a bit of a killing spree like. ^_^

you know on the boat level?
i was playing online lastnight and managed to snipe 9 guys who were trying to go covert. (walking slowly and sticking to the shadows) it didnt help them as i had nightvision on and was laid on the platform in the middle of the boat lol

Lupus Inu said:
I ******* hate people who sit and snipe.

Infact, if anyone is sniping I just go after them straight away.

hehe

You must walk into claymore quite often then ^^

Even if you manage to get pass my claymore, I know your coming so its pretty much Deagle to the face.

lol sorry but in sniping on any game ( i know this is gunna sound bold and big headed but its the truth) i have never been outsniped.

3 headshots in mere seconds,

what console do you play COD4 on? if its on ps3 i'll show you how good sometime ^^

and in my opinion, i hate snipers who use claymore and c4 for frontal attacks are week and inexperienced snipers.
the only need for a claymore is directly behind you, to save you from being crept up on.

covert can get boring if your sat their waitng for someone. thats why a machinegun with 100rpm is always a good choice lol

Snipers are gits. I go and cut the bastards from behind just to piss them off.
Tachi- said:
lol sorry but in sniping on any game ( i know this is gunna sound bold and big headed but its the truth) i have never been outsniped.

3 headshots in mere seconds
Seems my e-penises are out of stock.

Back