Call of Duty 4

Multiplayer Oh my god its amazing, the graphics and gaming flow is identical to the single player game but with lots of other extras

Design your own character class is a brilliant idea, you start off with the 4 basic classes:
Special Forces
Soldier
Sniper
Demolition

As you kill and capture more areas these classes become upgradeable in the following ways:
-Change your camoflage
-Add camoflage to weapons
-Upgraded Weapons
-New Weapons

You can the add the weapons and camo to your chosen character and make them unique to your own playing skills.

So my Xbox Live clan has been playing this since release. I think we all needed a break from so much Halo 3 gaming, so Call of Duty 4 took us a little closer to reality, and away from 'overshields' and gravity hammers. I picked up the game yesterday, but haven't unwrapped it yet. However, the guys in my clan are saying it's excellent and some even argue that it's better than Halo 3. :]

I'm buying COD4 for my PC but couldn't stand the wait!! Grabbed my housemates PS3 and played the whole game last night!! I loved it soo much. So much eye candy makes me have to wear a bib due to slaver. The only shame about the game is the length, but I'm sure everyone can agree with me there. Can't believe I completed it in one sitting
:(
Still buying it for my PC though so it can look even better, plus, I've always prefered FPS on the the PC. XD

Voddas said:
I'm buying COD4 for my PC but couldn't stand the wait!! Grabbed my housemates PS3 and played the whole game last night!! I loved it soo much. So much eye candy makes me have to wear a bib due to slaver. The only shame about the game is the length, but I'm sure everyone can agree with me there. Can't believe I completed it in one sitting
:(
Still buying it for my PC though so it can look even better, plus, I've always prefered FPS on the the PC. XD

i'm usually a pro fps are for pc's person myself but i have to say, halo and CoD have really closed the gap between console and pc versions.

Ryo Chan said:
i'm usually a pro fps are for pc's person myself but i have to say, halo and CoD have really closed the gap between console and pc versions.
I know that's probably the case but I've got a boost on my new PC. Played the Demo and it's better than the PS3. Not loads, but just a little. Plus.... it's an excuse to play it again on another gaming format.
:D

Okay so I was finally bothered to play this game, and the singleplayer is so far very impressive. Though in games like Halo 3, the universe was at stake, you never felt a sense of urgency or danger. Call of Duty 4 makes the combat engaging and gives you a sense of urgency. You feel that if you just rush too much, you'll get shot, yet if you stay back too long the enemy will eventually flank you or your squad mates will get taken down. I haven't finished it yet, but based on what I've played so far the singleplayer aspect is set up better compared to Halo 3. However, Halo 3 does have the great options to add skulls and play online co-op with up to four players. As for the multiplayer side of things, I haven't played that yet but based on my impressions on the multiplayer beta I'm pretty sure that Halo 3 still wins my vote when it comes to multiplayer.

story line is great, i must say i almost had a tear in my eye when the american dude u play as dies in the nuke attack

Then i remembered, he was American ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its kinda moving trying to struggle away and find help and then you just roll over and die such a nice little twist

Yeah, that scene was very dramatic. However, the best was when the final boss is standing above you, and your dying comrade tosses over a pistol and you shoot him and his two guards. It's one of those action movie scenes, and it was very satisfying for some reason.

I agree with Ryo Chan on that scene :)
The sniper level is great fun, playing the game on hardened the last section waiting for the chopper was hell, can't imagine it on the harder difficulty
So far it seems what makes CoD 4 so good is its got so much more to it than just having a big shoot out around every corner (Although it does have a lot, its a shooter after all). For instance at one point you gotta chase a man, another point you gotta go recon and stealth. Theres more to it, but I don't wanna spoil anything for those that haven't played through it yet.

I love the challenges add on to the online mode, having mini goals to complete in multiplayer definately keeps the game interesting as you try to perform knife kills or certain numbers of head shots - Brilliant

By the way for those of you who were wondering, many are saying that the game's most difficult moment is when you're playing on Veteran while waiting for the helicopter to extract you from the amusement park during the sniper mission.

Yeah I agree, that bit took forever for me to get passed.

NEW BEST BIT - Find all 30 Intel Packs (aka laptops) well worth it to play with some of the unlocked extras:

- Make people explode and turn into tyres
- Arcade mode is quite fun, watching your score mount up
- Bullet Time - You can make the game slow down ideal for snipering

Back