Blu-ray Anime

There are only two BD players with remote hacks for BD (plenty have them for DVD only) that I know of. One is that Tesco Technica one which they aren't getting more stock of, so you would have to be lucky to find one in stock anywhere. The other, whose name I can't recall right now, got a firmware update which removed the remote hack.

Reaper gI said:
There is no such thing as a bluray dvd, they are called Bluray Disks

Blu-ray Discs

If you're going to nitpick someone for a very minor mistake, please do it correctly!

R

CeX have a handful of used Region A players starting at around £50. I'm not sure what the quality will be like as you never quite know what you'll get from CeX, but I believe they offer a year's guarantee with everything they sell.

animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
id like a Bul-ray dvd player multiplayer but
1 Bul-rays players/Bul-ray dvd are to expensive
2 do Bul-ray dvd players have multiplayer?
3 do Bul-rays dvds work on a regular dvd players?
Erm.. what kind of TV do you have?
a crappy big box one
Then why are you considering getting a Blu-ray Player?! :?

Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
a crappy big box one
just in case there are animes out there that won't be on dvd and just Bul-ray

animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
a crappy big box one
just in case there are animes out there that won't be on dvd and just Bul-ray
Never gonna happen until SDTV's and DVD Players get phased out.

Fortunately, unlike the switch from VHS to DVD, Blu-Ray players can play DVD's, so DVD discs will still be around for TV Shows that were made in SD.

A HTPC stands for 'Home Theater PC'. It's basically a computer that you connect to your TV. You can install software on it like XBMC (or, if you want iPlayer and CrunchyRoll, Boxee). You could probably get one with a Blu-Ray player and a huge hard-drive for stuff that's not on DVD or CR.

Paradox295 said:
A HTPC stands for 'Home Theater PC'. It's basically a computer that you connect to your TV. You can install software on it like XBMC (or, if you want iPlayer and CrunchyRoll, Boxee). You could probably get one with a Blu-Ray player and a huge hard-drive for stuff that's not on DVD or CR.

Adding on from this, you could also Rip your entire DVD/Bluray collection to your HTPC if you're worried about them being damaged or anything. Also, as you were talking about multi-region, you can install software onto the PC if you want to watch DVDs of any region (Unless you install Linux, in which case disregard what I said as any Linux OS can run DVDs and Blurays region free).

revertedtozero said:
Paradox295 said:

Adding on from this, you could also Rip your entire DVD/Bluray collection to your HTPC if you're worried about them being damaged or anything. Also, as you were talking about multi-region, you can install software onto the PC if you want to watch DVDs of any region (Unless you install Linux, in which case disregard what I said as any Linux OS can run DVDs and Blurays region free).
thanks guys

Thread gets a total of 15 points for entertainment value and 12 points for bizarre errors and corrections for a total of 27/10.

As for the remote hacks for BD players thing, the Tevion I bought from Aldi (same model under different names exists elsewhere too) also works that way, but the number of different ways in which multiregion BD players could be made obsolete does lead me to agree with the "two separate players" theory. This is probably more convenient for people who already have a PS3.

Also, you will still see some benefit from watching BDs over DVDs even if you are watching on a non-HD TV. You just won't get anything like the full benefit.

WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE

Figured this was as good a place as any...

So I finally started watching my Bakemonogatari BDs, and what do I find? The same flickering/blinking/flashing subtitle problem that plagues Kaze's Samurai Girls and apparently some Bandai releases. Someone else noticed it as well. $200 quality right there. If not for Funimation and NISA I'd stop buying anime altogether, though even those two have had their issues. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to "obtain" a version of Bakemonogatari with subtitles that don't make me want to stab myself in the eye.

Why is it taking the BD authoring companies so long to stop this problem always cropping up? I didn't notice it this time (watching the whole of Star Driver may have desensitised me; that and I'd already seen Bakemonogatari). But it's not a new problem, can't they just check for it instead of blindly making discs the same way? :S

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE

Figured this was as good a place as any...

So I finally started watching my Bakemonogatari BDs, and what do I find? The same flickering/blinking/flashing subtitle problem that plagues Kaze's Samurai Girls and apparently some Bandai releases. Someone else noticed it as well. $200 quality right there. If not for Funimation and NISA I'd stop buying anime altogether, though even those two have had their issues. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to "obtain" a version of Bakemonogatari with subtitles that don't make me want to stab myself in the eye.
May I ask which BD player you were using?
I watched all 6 discs on my BDX3200 and didn't experience this problem.

Back