Blighty Otaku - Anime, Manga, Games, Tech and whatever

After playing it over the bank holiday weekend (and buying it) I had to put overwatch into my third episode (the first on here) of my Otaku Recommends series.

My one year anniversary has now started, and instead of just a single video I've decided to run this from today until Sunday with a video released on Monday that will mention my plans for the future.

I thought that this is all I would be uploading, but as I forgot about the humble monthly bundle unlocking the remaining items today I'll also be working on that along with my beyond one year video but the former of these videos will have some rage in it after I found out that one of the games was abandoned before this months bundle became available.

The one year anniversary continues full speed with the second part visiting the codex brain coordinates in xcom 2

And we have the rage inducing moment where I list what was in the June Humble Monthly bundle and what I hate about what they included that has either been abandoned or isn't an actual game.

There's one final part of the one year anniversary to upload along with the plans video that I had to spend a while waiting to record since I had to nurse all the installations before I started it (and I even put in the abandoned crap that the publishers are planning to throw down the throats of the console users).

I had a bit of fun as I had to upload 4 videos to complete both the one year anniversary and this months humble monthly gameplay.

The first two being the last part of the one year anniversary where I first suck playing overwatch with a controller, and then play overwatch being more awesome with a mouse and keyboard being my control scheme of choice.

And lastly we have the gameplay for the humble monthly bundle (minus two games since one is unlikely to run properly and the other I refuse to run because it's a pile of garbage) which I ended up splitting into two videos because I ended up spending so much time on stellaris and didn't want to have to wait for windows movie maker to chug through the whole 2.2GB file.

And to bring everything back to normality we have what I have planned for the channel (if I ever get of my backside and do the research for one of the plans) for the future along with my general goals some of which will affect the channel both good and bad (you might want to read the full video description since there's stuff there that I probably forgot to mention).

While over a year ago, I would have whole heartedly recommended getting a roku streaming device for all your streaming video needs as of late that hasn't been the case with youtube and now crunchyroll having issues streaming constantly where there are no issues that could cause this like youtube constantly freezing or cutting videos and then starting in a lower quality or just starting in a lower quality and taking ages to switch to HD quality, and since I've gone on recently about my impending media PC build I decided to show the problems I've been having with roku on video.

Since it's been a week since my last upload (and I've still got one video that I have to upload as I forgot that it existed), I decided to plug in the steelseries headset, fire up xcom 2 and make sure that I had a can of iron bru on hand to keep cool whilst recording was in progress as I put the hurt to advent.

Another round of xcom 2 with more Irn Bru (I've actually spelt it correctly this time), additional non carbonated drinks and a regret for drinking said carbonated drink since the end of the video included a large amount of gas.

I'm also considering starting lets plays for other games (except for world of warships which will be starting in the next month or so) that I have and I'll be posting a video requesting opinions on what I should start with (as long as I don't get content IDed or copyright struck up the backside for doing so).

Another day, another batch of uploads..

First is a video that I'd made about a week ago where I had a laugh at the expense of the GeForce Experience where it stated that the division would run at unplayable framerates where it actually runs but has a few issues in itself when played with a system where the processor is well below the minimum requirements.

Number two is just me showing off the two free tech items I obtained yesterday along with my putting one of them into a case.

And finally there's another dose of xcom 2 where the heat at night had finally gotten to me and some of this video I spent wiping off sweat off of myself and the headset I was using.

The start of this two video post is the unboxing of Sailor Moon S part 2

And ends with a two mission run in xcom 2 which will bring me to the final two missions.

After everything that happened when I was trying to order something from WOWHD and it spitting out what I considered was an erroneous notification and everything that happened, I decided to make this video explaining what I found out and what errors (including having a better error system for failed transactions) need to be corrected.

Now I have a question since I can't really keep on constantly running xcom 2 for all eternity until I finally start my actual full character pool playthrough, and as I have so many games that I still have to go through, which of what games I have would you want videos to be made of (as long as there aren't any copyright issues).

And finally it's the final two missions on my current xcom 2 campaign with the next test happening once I have the character pool expanded a bit more (unless anyone wants to help expand the pool).

The only video from my recent upload session isn't really something I want to post since in it I'm just raging somewhat about the spam comments I've received and why I have comments on youtube set to approved only.

It looks like the channel might not get much activity over the next few months as the plan to move to a new place has been stepped up due to reasons out of my control (plus I'm going to have to find major coin to pay for fees and to move my broadband which might already be under a broken contract).

Since things regarding the move aren't going to be as quick for me to get going as I thought, I decided to start on getting everything I need to get done before I really get going on finding a new place done by starting with the Dell I got a few weeks ago by adding two used hard drives.

This is going to be a two part series with the second part being when I set it up in its new home for the time being.

It's time for part two where after I set almost everything up off camera, I go through some of the linux distros that I'd downloaded and end up having nothing but issues trying some out and trying to install at least two of them...

This might end up becoming a three parter as I'm most likely going to try the linux install again once I've sorted out a few things.

It's time for a three video run...

The first two being the reveal and playtest of the July Humble Monthly Bundle games

And with all the information gathered from the several tests, I decided to get the 500GB hard drive returned and ended up having to go from OS to OS when I had to do the tests on the "new" drive.

I thought I wouldn't be doing this many uploads to the channel......

But I needed to get a wireless keyboard and mouse to get the dellasarus fully wireless in the keyboard and mouse department by getting the cheapest wireless mouse and keyboard bundle that has media and web control on the keyboard.

To try and keep the stress of finding a new place to live to a minimum, I decided to break out a game that I hadn't played that much of and started noobing it up.

And we have three here.

First is the humble monthly bundle overview..

Second is the play test of at least five of the games...

And finally there's the unboxing and overview of the contents of the gate limited edition.

Well, it's time to get back into the action and even though I've uploaded 9 videos since my last post, I'm only going to link to the most recent 2 videos

Starting with the rather brief walkthough of my new place.

And back to the regular humble monthly bundle overview along with another game I purchased in the off line time.

Well, I've forgotten do update this again, so here's the last three uploads starting with...

The pilot episode of a series I was planning on starting and is likely to have two branches now.

The second is a return to that wireless keyboard and mouse set I purchased a few months ago and the issues I'm having it where I wouldn't recommend it.

And the last video is fresh off the render queue in windows movie maker where I show all the stuff I got myself for Christmas (at least the physical items).

Back