bleach's hatred towards gingers

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
As you already know there are alot of red heads in Bleach. Ichigo, Orihime, that little kid that works at the soal store that Rukia goes to, Renji and more. What i have noticed over the first 12 episodes is that they say bad things about having ginger hair. For instance: When Ichigo explains to Rukia how he met Chad, He sais that he got into a fight because of his HAIR COLOUR!!! Since when does ginger hair get you into a fight? Also Oriheme is a twat, Extreamily dumb, and has cooking issues. And what colour hair do they give her? Red. That Discrimination. I have enough damn qualifications to sue the compony that made it and i just might.

I know this is probably a silly topic i know. And iam sorry. I just wanted to express myself. And to those who are gonna write things like "This is so dumb" Dont even bother writing things like that. If you dont like dont write on it. If you do you are a complete nerd who has nothing better to do. Iam also sorry for the rude language.

P.S. Iam not really gonna sue them even if i could :lol:

The creator was obviously aware of the negative connotations with ginger hair. Part of the reason the series was called "Bleach"*

* Also, meant to be that he was loving the Nirvana album at the time and the clensing of the souls that were once hollows.

sanji no 1 said:
What i have noticed over the first 12 episodes is that they say bad things about having ginger hair. For instance: When Ichigo explains to Rukia how he met Chad, He sais that he got into a fight because of his HAIR COLOUR!!! Since when does ginger hair get you into a fight?
Erh since i was a kid, and probably before that. I'm ginger and i had the crap beaten out of me for simply the colour of my hair. Unfortunately I didn't have a 6 ft tall Mexican to help me out.
People, and children especially, will pick out things that are unusual and pick on the people with the 'abnormalities' as they see them. The mentality is the same as racism.

I can't imagine someone getting beaten up for having ginger hair ... but it's definitely something "different", so obviously children are going to pick on that, the lil' bastards :]

Hang on...shouldn't you be giving Bleach recognition for actually having characters with red hair - and strong ones?

It's more than most other series give us...other than Nami, I can't think of anyone of any other redhead main characters (off the top of my head anyway).

Y'know, They're Japanese. For Japanese people its unusual to have a hair colour different to black. They pick up on it several times, It happens in a lot of things, "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" springs to mind where (I think) the teacher of the school says you shouldn't dye your hair to one of the main girls with red hair, They say its natural or something. I can't recall that scene very well.

I know there is other like, real, red hair in it, Like Renji's but surely, That doesn't count as ginger. Also; Ichigo's hair (if not natural) would have to been -BLEACHED-.

sanji no 1 said:
Still its discriminationg against gingers and iam not standing for it!
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWER!

You damn right go up to the SJ headquarters and tell Tite Kubo what he has done is wrong and wipe out that blasted manga from ever existing. Go!

sanji no 1 said:
He sais that he got into a fight because of his HAIR COLOUR!!! Since when does ginger hair get you into a fight?
I've a mate who's had people start on him about being ginger in this county, let alone in Japan where it's even more uncommon.

Non-black hair = outsider in a lot of/most anime. It's more a representation than anything else imo. Though to be honest, I never gave it a second thought before now...

I will go down to Shonen jump headquater, I will kick Tite Kubos ass (or what ever his name is) and i will also sue this ugly yet beatiful world, i Will sue Inuyasha and i will crown One piece for being the best anime ever!

phoenix-confidentb.gif

"Naturally, I will accompany you."

phoenix-pointinga.gif

"Without me you won't win the case!"

Jayme said:
sanji no 1 said:
Still its discriminationg against gingers and iam not standing for it!
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWER!
:lol:

But seriously there was a programme on BBC3 called "**** off! I'm Ginger"; and if i remember rightly it was bascially talking to ginger people and seeing how their hair colour affected their lives and the abuse they recieve because of it.

In fairness, Ichigo is a damn popular character, he's ginger, hows that bad??

And, yeah, the gingers in my school get the piss taken out of them for thier hair colour.

What's the point of this thread, and why the hell is it in Anime Recommendations and Views?
sanji no 1 said:
is that the guy from the judgeing game on the DS?
Oh God. It's Phoenix Wright!!! And it's not a "judging game"!

Personally I don't really see your point; you're only commenting on the first 12 episodes, and from what I remember the "discrimination" fades as the series progresses.

8 yrs of being bullied cause i am ginger, but hey i'm still around ^_^, but now days i don't mind it if it is on an anime. there is also Kyo from fruits basket that has ginger hair and he is popular, but mind you i don't seem to like watching the bleach anime...i dunno why cause i have the up to date manga...

Back