bleach's hatred towards gingers

Maxon said:
Besides, I don't know how that made Sakura from CCS spring to your mind, chaos, since she is the main character and not on the sidelines. :roll:

Because of Tsubasa :) I assume that she will get better as times passes in the series and she recovers, but still she is pretty useless there ;)

While I'm not ginger, my best buddy from back home is and he did get beat up for having red hair.

There was a previous poster that said there's not many characters in anime that are strong red-heads.

Negima, Lina Inverse, Rail (Lost Universe), Shana, and the list goes on :p While technically red, red-heads and gingers are the same to me.

I had blonde hair as a kid, then about 6 years old it became ginger. throughout school i had to fight and become a rebel to subdue the incessant critisism about my hair, its hell and whats more annoying is....why do people hate gingers? what is so wrong about having a hair colour?
people have jokes about dizzy blondes, smart bruenetts but when you think about it..no solid reason to hate gingers.

thankfully (alittle late but im thankfull none the less) my hair has faded and is more brown.

I think it's just because they're relatively rare. People like picking on minorities because it feels safe :/

School is funny, I used to be picked on too for being geeky etc, then suddenly when you're out of school and in the real world nobody bothers any more (except a handful of stupid people who haven't noticed but they can be ignored/avoided). There are plenty of stunningly beautiful redheads around - could be jealousy!

R

Tachi- said:
I had blonde hair as a kid, then about 6 years old it became ginger. throughout school i had to fight and become a rebel to subdue the incessant critisism about my hair, its hell and whats more annoying is....why do people hate gingers? what is so wrong about having a hair colour?
people have jokes about dizzy blondes, smart bruenetts but when you think about it..no solid reason to hate gingers.

thankfully (alittle late but im thankfull none the less) my hair has faded and is more brown.

More or less the exact same thing happened with my hair except that i was born with ginger hair that started chaning colour when i was 14 or so. I did get a lot of stick for it but at that time it was just another item on a long list and i manged to ignore it.

Thinking about it though having a character like Ichigo with ginger hair is a good thing isn't it? As he's tough as nails, not someone you really want to pick a fight with

yeah, i think the story board purposely made a point to show that gingers get so much abuse about their hair that they tend to be like Ichigo, in the sense of always having to build a reputation as a rebel to get some respect

Rui said:
There are plenty of stunningly beautiful redheads around - could be jealousy!

I'd say it MUST be jealousy... =) at first I thought people was making fun of "... hating on gingers was the natural thing to do" bit (I understood you were joking Nyu - just using what you said because it makes my post sounds more dramatic ;] )

Actually to be bullied because of something like that makes me understand Ron in Harry Potter a lot better...

BlackWolf said:
Thinking about it though having a character like Ichigo with ginger hair is a good thing isn't it? As he's tough as nails, not someone you really want to pick a fight with

Yeah, unlike with Naruto (where a lot of fans want to slap the main character at times), Ichigo seems extremely popular and good natured. He certainly doesn't give ginger people a bad name :)

R

To hell with Ichigo.
He hates being ginger!
He gives gingers a bad name.
android 13 from one of the dragonball z movies (cant remember which one) gives gingers a good name

sanji no 1

i dissallow that statement: He hates being Ginger
he puts up with being Ginger and in the very first volume he even says that if he cared about what people where saying he'd of dyed it black a long time ago.

plus hes a popular main character who has ginger hair. please explain how being POPULAR and being THE MAIN CHARACTER is giving gingers a bad name? i think you're abit confused mate :lol:

Well how am i supposed to remember he said that? I dont watch it that much. Bleach isnt the best anime ya know. Its way too overated. I do like it though. Iam gonna continue to get the DVDS.

sanji no 1 said:
Well how am i supposed to remember he said that? I dont watch it that much. Bleach isnt the best anime ya know. Its way too overated. I do like it though. Iam gonna continue to get the DVDS.

Yeah i know its not, but dont think it should be discreditted and accused of being against redheads when if anything its in favour of them lol
never really read manga but Bleach and .Hack/ has really grown on me :)

I've read through all the posts, and no one has mentioned Ichigo's nickname.

Stawberry

does the term "stawberry blonde" mean anything to anyone?

yeah but the general public Belittle strawberry blonde and entitle it ginger even when its blatantly too light to be ginger.

shazadx said:

Stawberry

Actually, i think that's because ichigo is also japanese for strawberry(i think that's right!^_^)

evangelion rocks said:
shazadx said:

Stawberry

Actually, i think that's because ichigo is also japanese for strawberry(i think that's right!^_^)

Yes, you're right.

Alos Ichigo has Ichi ("1") which is considered a good thing by the japanese.

Tachi- said:
never really read manga but Bleach and .Hack/ has really grown on me :)

Which .hack series would that be if you don't mind me asking

anyway everyone above is right about the strawberry = Ichigo thing, i remember the part where he breaks his entire name down and i think part of his surname means to protect or something, the same as that part of Orihime's means princess

chaos said:
evangelion rocks said:
shazadx said:

Stawberry

Yes, you're right.

Alos Ichigo has Ichi ("1") which is considered a good thing by the japanese.

Yeah, I know about those as well, but it can always be more than one meaning. Even if unintentional.

Back