best mystery series available in the UK?

fabricatedlunatic said:
The only Ali song I've heard that I actually like is the Noir opener. The rest, including the Another OP, sounds like tuneless noise to my ears /o\

Hit every note possible, if lucky get them in some semblance of order... (bonus for being creepy) = typical Ali Project song.

There will always be one Ali Project song that will sound like a song to someone to the point that they like it enough not to skip. But it will be the exception to the rule.

My Ali Project song is the ED to Princess Resurrection.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I thought Haruhai was in the UK? I've not seen Season 1 but I've seen S2 and Disappearance so I assume it got a release.
Season 1 was released by Beez who disappeared after bandai shut up shop in the states which left everything released by them stuck in licensing hell.

demonix said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I thought Haruhai was in the UK? I've not seen Season 1 but I've seen S2 and Disappearance so I assume it got a release.
Season 1 was released by Beez who disappeared after bandai shut up shop in the states which left everything released by them stuck in licensing hell.

Ah right.

Maybe the biggest mystery with Sakura Diaries is "what were they thinking?".

It's in the list of shows that frustrated me by seeming to have potential but then failing to make anything out of it. If it was deliberate, the way the writers mistreat the characters could have had some clever meaning reflecting what the show was about but I suspect they were just being silly. They probably even thought the ending was in any way okay (well, maybe it was as long as you see the show as ultimately a depressing tale of how rubbish people can be but it doesn't seem to be intended that way). I don't think the writers even knew who their main character was by the end.

Just to vaguely possibly maybe be kind of at all on topic with this post... The other "girls with guns" shows related to Noir are kind of available in the UK, with Madlax having a release that may not be as easy to get now apparently and Funimation's SAVE release of El Cazador de la Brujah being region 2 compatible. Are they mysterious? I should probably get around to watching them.

Just Passing Through said:
Mysterious Girlfriend X?

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not? ;-)

I nearly re-watched that the other weekend, just for the saliva-tastic thrill of it all.

Back