Behold, the sword of power! Excaliborg!?

Right then it'll be interesting whos acting in it

but damn bloody media blasters site hasn't been updated since late 07' :evil:

I heard about this one a while ago but never checked it out. Sounds pretty loopy so I'll certainly be interested if it sees R2 release.

melonpan said:
Conan-san said:
And I bet you eveything they chose this piece of **** over something more worthy of my buying it, like GaoGaiGar Final.

Godamn media blasters, stop it with the Moe already.

And I came up with a theory (because I was forced to watch this crap at my anime club) that Sakura (what kinda twat names thier son Sakura?) only becomes a Pedo thanks to Dokro's ever villigant drilling home of the message "See tits get killed".

I think you're missing the main point here, that there's absolutely no way you can ever hope to enjoy Dokuro-chan if you are going to take it seriously. I didn't even think it were possible to take it seriously.
I'm not, it's just awful in every field it tries to take. It's not funny, the chracters are cardboard, The situation is squandered on the fact that it decides to go over the edge at every conveniance it has. It's not a good show.

I can name a few "Hyper comedy" shows that I'd rather see over this nonsence any day.

Seto No Hanayome for example, I think that would do gangbusters.

melonpan said:
Conan-san said:
When the hell are we geting the Genshiken OVAs, MB?!

Not that you deserve the information after the inflammatory remarks about my beloved Dokuro-chan, but John Sirabella said they're pushing Guardian of the Sacred Spirit to the top of their release schedule (which makes absolute sense), and because of that both Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny, and Genshiken 2 have been pushed back. I'd expect them by the end of the year though.
Oh I could see them taking thier spoils from the rotting corpse of Geneon and giveing it's rotten husk more prioty to genshiken. This is Media "Let's whore Voltron out like it's made of gold and get far too much money out of it because we're selling people the dream of nostaliga and yet leave everyone who bought Gaogaigar out in the cold." Blasters after all.

And how pretntious do you have to be to lose your rag over something as trivial as someone defaming an awful show?

Conan-san said:
melonpan said:
Conan-san said:
And I bet you eveything they chose this piece of **** over something more worthy of my buying it, like GaoGaiGar Final.

Godamn media blasters, stop it with the Moe already.

And I came up with a theory (because I was forced to watch this crap at my anime club) that Sakura (what kinda twat names thier son Sakura?) only becomes a Pedo thanks to Dokro's ever villigant drilling home of the message "See tits get killed".

I think you're missing the main point here, that there's absolutely no way you can ever hope to enjoy Dokuro-chan if you are going to take it seriously. I didn't even think it were possible to take it seriously.
I'm not, it's just awful in every field it tries to take. It's not funny, the chracters are cardboard, The situation is squandered on the fact that it decides to go over the edge at every conveniance it has. It's not a good show.

I can name a few "Hyper comedy" shows that I'd rather see over this nonsence any day.

Seto No Hanayome for example, I think that would do gangbusters.
You're an opinionated idiot. Fact.</discussion>

Back to more constructive things, Dokuro-chan is indeed absurd. And twisted. And not for everyone. It kinda reminds me of South Park in some ways because of the nature of the comedy - not to everyone's taste but it's certainly a refreshing change.

Guardian of the Sacrad Spirit does sound excellent though - I'll hold out for a R2 release for that one. It's Productiom I.G. after all, who always seem to maintain a high standard in their productions.

Martin said:
It's Productiom I.G. after all, who always seem to maintain a high standard in their productions.

That's one of the most true statements I have ever heard. I absolutely love every single thing they have done, ever. (From what I've seen : P)

As for Dokuro-chan; it would be awesome if it became a weekly 15-minute show, if they could maintain the ridiculous humour. It would never happen though.

John Sirabella said he specifically did the sub-only for yoai/yuri titles, which is exactly what's happened so far ---> Simoun, Strawberry Panic, whatever else.

While it does seem apparent they never dub their yuri/ yaoi titles, but give one to other anime, there have been exceptions (Ramen Fighter Miki for instance) that didn't. I wouldn't necessarily expect one, but it's not impossible.

Martin said:
You're an opinionated idiot. Fact.</discussion>
At least use bbcode if you want to play pretend taskmaster on a phpBB board.

melonpan said:
John Sirabella said he specifically did the sub-only for yoai/yuri titles, which is exactly what's happened so far ---> Simoun, Strawberry Panic, whatever else.
GaoGaiGar got put to subs after MB focused thier attention to Voltron, Noodle Fighter Miki (Muteki Kanban usume) never got a dub, Tekaman Blade is Sub only too as Go-Lion and a bunch of other robot anime.

Being fair, Maho Shojo Tai Alice geting a dub (and bang zoom at that) baffles the hell out of me. I meen there was an Animax english dub for it, I thought that would of work for it.
Meh, maybe Sony ask for too much, I dunno.

Hai, hai, guys, we all have our own opinions on it, whether it's good or not, lets not get into a fight about it.

Anyways, been waiting for this for ages. I admit I've seen it numerous times before, but I'll be buying this definately to make up for it. Plus, I'll see what the Dub sounds like.
It is a little silly, random and over-the-top wierd for some viewers. But when you've seen all the gory things like Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon, plus randomness like Excel Saga, this is just another fun show. Maybe my taste is crude and extraordinary, but like Revy (BL) says: "Some people just don't get off being normal."

Conan-san said:
And how pretntious do you have to be to lose your rag over something as trivial as someone defaming an awful show?
The fact we don't think it's awful maybe?
Or maybe the fact that you have to call it "piece of ****". You don't have to be offensive. A simple I don't like because of this , that and that other would suffice.
Also, I can't remember your last positive post in here... On a brighter note, if we take the offensive stuff from your posts, your contributions are rather interesting, but it looks like you just want to flame things up -_-

When it's funny it's really funny but sadly when it tries to do drama like the last couple of episodes of the first series it fails miserably. The first few episodes are so funny that it's worth a watch though.

Sy said:
When it's funny it's really funny but sadly when it tries to do drama like the last couple of episodes of the first series it fails miserably. The first few episodes are so funny that it's worth a watch though.
mm, I guess this is another anime I'll love then.. ;D

Conan-san said:
GaoGaiGar got put to subs after MB focused thier attention to Voltron, Noodle Fighter Miki (Muteki Kanban usume) never got a dub, Tekaman Blade is Sub only too as Go-Lion and a bunch of other robot anime.

GaoGairGar is dubbed according to Rightstuf.

I should elaborate, because John said he started the sub-only idea specifically for yoai/yuri, but as you say - other titles have been sub only too, so I guess it proved successful. Either way, I think Dokuro-chan has enough scope to get a dub.

Sy said:

I disagree with the middle part. I thought the drama was done very very well indeed. All the comedy elements that made it Dokuro-chan shone through even the darkest of moments.

melonpan said:

I believe the problem people have with GGG they partially dubbed it then hurried the rest out in cheap boxes as it was not making money, so the end is sub-only(?). I can understand dub fans being gutted when a show loses its dub partway if that's the case but it's not like MB is a charity - if people aren't buying it they can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars on continuing the dub just to please the few dozen people who enjoyed it. The Dokuro-chans of the world, if successful, might even help fund the acquisition of GGG Final and the other super robot style shows MB has shown interest in.

R

melonpan said:
Sy said:

I disagree with the middle part. I thought the drama was done very very well indeed. All the comedy elements that made it Dokuro-chan shone through even the darkest of moments.
It's just that those last couple of episodes seemed extremely out of place and suddenly there were hardly any laughs to be found. If the series were longer than eight fifteen minute episodes then maybe it could have worked better but as it stands it just hit you like a brick wall and suddenly expected you to take it seriously and if you enjoyed the series because of the comedy and not the 'story' then that's quite a blow.

Rui said:
melonpan said:

I believe the problem people have with GGG they partially dubbed it then hurried the rest out in cheap boxes as it was not making money, so the end is sub-only(?). I can understand dub fans being gutted when a show loses its dub partway if that's the case but it's not like MB is a charity - if people aren't buying it they can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars on continuing the dub just to please the few dozen people who enjoyed it.
The punchline to that gag is that I still have the fansubs and I was buying out of chraity with getng an awesome dub as a side.

But whatever, I can just as easly walk into FP and buy Naruto Uncut as a pposed to going to an online retailer and geting GaoGaiGar.

Not an amazing series, yet enjoyable all the same, if unmemorable. I do like the fact, though, that licensors seem to be branching out to somewhat more obscure shows, rather than just focussing on the mainstream.

I_want_my___by_kinooyoru.jpg

had to be done

Which is halerious when you concider the message (however accidental on thier part) of Dokoro chan seems to be "Even so much as look at someone who's your age or older and you will die horribly".

I can't be the only one who thinks Timey Wimey Ball is in effect and such the only reason why Sakura became a lolicon was because he had a associate non pedofilic tendencies to be equal to death.
SO realy, it's all Dokoro's fault.

My minions and I MST3K'd that show to hell and back for the crime of sucking.

Back