Beckii: Schoolgirl Superstar at 14

I read about this in the paper the other day and i find it all very sad indeed,and the fact that it is on BBC 3 explains alot and that alone is reason to avoid this rubbish like the plague.

I remember this, I think was even linked on here. Not the girl with the knockers, but I'm sure someone else linked it at some stage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a0H7ReHB2as&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a0H7ReHB2as&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoFKiS-67YY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoFKiS-67YY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I read it here.

Otaku-san said:
250px-TT-logo_red-1-.jpg

Coincidental, I assume.

Zin5ki said:
Things to do on the Isle of Man:
  • Read ferry timetables.
  • Fish, if and when possible.
  • Attract the attention of BBC3.
Ride a motorbike round the island very fast. :wink: As for Beckii I pray for that girl's speedy recovery.

57eba11be25c39ea9eccee427d067353f0021041.jpg

Thursday 9pm on BBC 3: Beckii: Schoolgirl Superstar at 14

Documentary telling the story of 14-year-old Rebecca Flint, an ordinary schoolgirl from the Isle of Man who in Japan becomes Beckii Cruel, a teen icon and an internet sensation.

Beckii became famous in Japan after uploading films of herself dancing on You Tube. She did this secretly, without telling her parents. This intimate documentary has exclusive access to her as it explores the real world of Beckii and the other British teenage girls who hope to become famous in Japan.

Beckii's breakthrough posting attracted almost half a million hits and showed her miming an eccentric Japanese dance called danjo. Beckii was then approached by a Japanese music manager who quickly helped her to take Japan by storm. Since August 2009 she has recorded five singles, released her own DVD and appeared on Japan's biggest TV shows. Now she wants success in the UK and there are a lot of businessmen ready to help her crack the teen market.

Despite getting the fame every girl is supposed to dream of, life is not easy for this 14-year-old. Being a child doing a job in a very adult world isn't always fun and games. Balancing two different lives on opposite sides of the world is tricky, and wrestling with the consequences of a mainly male Japanese fan base can be embarrassing, especially if you've never even had a boyfriend.

The film explores the fascinating world of Japanese anime and manga - crazes that grip millions in Japan and tens of thousands here – and shows that other girls see Beckii's success and decide they too might like to be big in Japan. But although getting famous seems as simple as uploading a crazy dance, the implications of being famous at 14 are anything but straightforward.

Part of The Adult Season on BBC Three.
Broadcasts Dates:

Thu 12 Aug 2010 21:00 BBC Three

Thu 12 Aug 2010 23:45 BBC Three

Sun 15 Aug 2010 23:15 BBC Three

Mon 16 Aug 2010 03:15 BBC Three

Neferpitou said:
57eba11be25c39ea9eccee427d067353f0021041.jpg

Thursday 9pm on BBC 3: Beckii: Schoolgirl Superstar at 14

Documentary telling the story of 14-year-old Rebecca Flint, an ordinary schoolgirl from the Isle of Man who in Japan becomes Beckii Cruel, a teen icon and an internet sensation.

Beckii became famous in Japan after uploading films of herself dancing on You Tube. She did this secretly, without telling her parents. This intimate documentary has exclusive access to her as it explores the real world of Beckii and the other British teenage girls who hope to become famous in Japan.

Beckii's breakthrough posting attracted almost half a million hits and showed her miming an eccentric Japanese dance called danjo. Beckii was then approached by a Japanese music manager who quickly helped her to take Japan by storm. Since August 2009 she has recorded five singles, released her own DVD and appeared on Japan's biggest TV shows. Now she wants success in the UK and there are a lot of businessmen ready to help her crack the teen market.

Despite getting the fame every girl is supposed to dream of, life is not easy for this 14-year-old. Being a child doing a job in a very adult world isn't always fun and games. Balancing two different lives on opposite sides of the world is tricky, and wrestling with the consequences of a mainly male Japanese fan base can be embarrassing, especially if you've never even had a boyfriend.

The film explores the fascinating world of Japanese anime and manga - crazes that grip millions in Japan and tens of thousands here – and shows that other girls see Beckii's success and decide they too might like to be big in Japan. But although getting famous seems as simple as uploading a crazy dance, the implications of being famous at 14 are anything but straightforward.

Part of The Adult Season on BBC Three.
Broadcasts Dates:

Thu 12 Aug 2010 21:00 BBC Three

Thu 12 Aug 2010 23:45 BBC Three

Sun 15 Aug 2010 23:15 BBC Three

Mon 16 Aug 2010 03:15 BBC Three
The father's face says it all.

"Daughter I am disappoint."

Maxon said:
[The father's face says it all.

"Daughter I am disappoint."
You think? Would you be surprised that both parents are pushing this, especially the father? I'm hoping he's in remorse thinking "What have I done?" Complete tw@. :roll:

So this girl dances and cosplays? I am the only one who doesn't understand why she's so popular?

Then again I can understand the Japanese fan base bring mainly male. That doesn't surprise me one bit for some reason.

kippy666 said:
So this girl dances and cosplays? I am the only one who doesn't understand why she's so popular?

Then again I can understand the Japanese fan base bring mainly male. That doesn't surprise me one bit for some reason.
I can gaurantee that this BBC 3 doc will be more about the the sleezyness of the Japanese otaku that made her such a "star' than it will be about her alone. :wink:

I don't understand the Japanese "idol" or whatever in the slightest anyway. It's when good-looking people are all around entertainers and market themselves - right? They do music, TV shows, films, variety shows etc etc and all the Twi-hards go to them. I guess we have something similar but we're more "your an actor", "your a presenter", "your a musician!". It's odd.

Jayme said:
I don't understand the Japanese "idol" or whatever in the slightest anyway. It's when good-looking people are all around entertainers and market themselves - right? They do music, TV shows, films, variety shows etc etc and all the Twi-hards go to them. I guess we have something similar but we're more "your an actor", "your a presenter", "your a musician!". It's odd.
Do you understand the phrase "Lolita Complex' ? :wink:

This is 29 Isle of Man road, and this is Beckii, a school who live an amazing double life.

For when Beckii turns on her pc an amazing transformation occurs.

Beckii is A teen icon, ever visual on a random pedophillic otaku's PC

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZnnD9IeeAA&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZnnD9IeeAA&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

(i considered mentioning eating banana's but felt it wasn't quite a good idea considering the topic :D)

oh forgot to mention Beckii, if you ever do find this thread somehow

THIS is how the dance goes

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5G5bD2Do-k&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5G5bD2Do-k&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

[/rant]

Jayme said:
Mohawk52 said:
Do you understand the phrase "Lolita Complex' ? :wink:
Hilarious, but their idol scene seems to be very male-centric as well.
No doubt, but we are discussing a 14 year old school girl here. Try understanding the phenomenon of Japanese men and boys having a romantic relationship with Loveplus, a DS dating sim. :wink:

Back