BBFC Passed Anime Updates

If it is as transphobic as you claim the bbfc would have some kind of description on the back.
Something does not have to depict a literal hate crime or a direct "I am being bigoted towards you because you are this identity" moment to be bigoted though, and that's all the BBFC will care about in their rating. In this case it's a villain character who is a huge caricature that makes trans women out to be hypersexual predators and plays it for laughs, similarly to how a lot of 20th century media depicted gay people although far more explicit since Konosuba ain't a subtle anime. As someone who has their life directly affected by transphobia, I knows it when I sees it.
Yeah from what I remember it was rather questionable on that front sadly :( I haven't seen the series, did you like that? :)
The series in terms of theme is kind of a send up of the isekai genre, and in terms of humour is about what you would expect from a comedy harem series or something. It is what it is. The movie is just a lot more...ick.

lafvyeq-png.30660

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - sexual violence, injury detail, suicide, discrimination, threat, sexual threat, violence

A random batch appeared today. Some of these have been noted already but were re-rated for home video.

1700124976301.png

Deiji Meets Girl (ONA Series)
very mild bad language, very mild violence, very mild fantasy threat, very mild sex references

Hula Fulla Dance (Film)
very mild emotional upset, threat, language, rude humour, sex references

1700125101048.png

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna (Film)
mild fantasy violence, threat, injury detail, sex references

Free! The Final Stroke Volume 1 (Film)
mild bad language, scenes of emotional upset

Free! The Final Stroke Volume 2 (Film)
mild bad language, sex references, violence, scenes of emotional upset

1700124816957.png

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 1 (TV Series)
very mild upsetting scenes, injury detail, rude humour, moderate bloody images, moderate violence, threat

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 2 (TV Series)
references to sexually abusive behaviour, brief child sexual abuse references, moderate threat, violence

Burn the Witch (Film Split into 3 Episodes)
moderate injury detail, brief sexual harassment, moderate sex references

Gundam Build Fighters (TV Series Part 1: Episodes 1-13)
mild fantasy violence, moderate sex references

Gundam Build Fighters (TV Series Part 2: Episodes 14-25)
brief moderate violence, moderate sex references

Mobile Fighter G Gundam (TV Series Part 1: Episodes 1-24)
mild fantasy violence, threat, drug misuse, brief sexual assault, nudity

1700125171136.png

Re:Cycle of the Penguindrum Part 1: Your Train is the Survival Tactic (Film)
sexual violence, strong sex references

Re:Cycle of the Penguindrum Part 2: I Love You (Film)
child abuse references

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (TV Series)
strong bloody violence, injury detail, brief sexualised threat

Tower of God (TV Series)
language, sex references, strong violence, bloody images

Want to add that Gundam Build Fighters does make reference to the Animax Asia English dub for those wondering if that was included in the UK Blu-ray release.

A Studio Ghibli movie with a 12 rating is pretty rare. The only other one is Grave of the Fireflies. Even Princess Mononoke only has a PG rating, even though it's pretty graphic at times (standards were quite different back in the 90s).
And Pom Poko only got a PG rating despite the numerous references to testicles.

Back