Bands You Hate

McIcy said:
Being dragged to watch Queens of the Stone Age next month I am not a fan

Few good songs, like 5 YEARS AGO(hello?), but nothing special.

I also hate people who obsess and profess how kickass a band is, like 1-3 years after the hype.

Get with the times, a***hole. :lol:

Faye said:
McIcy said:

I also hate people who obsess and profess how kickass a band is, like 1-3 years after the hype.

Really? I call that being a sheep if you're following a band just because of the hype! :p

Liquid Skin said:
Faye said:
McIcy said:

Really? I call that being a sheep if you're following a band just because of the hype! :p

Exactly, it's twice as retarded.

I remember when Trivium first dubbed themselves 'Kings Of Metal', or whatever over-inflated egotistical title it was, and nobody had even heard of them until they brought out that Metallica wannabe asshole-metal song; the one which I can't even remember the name of. :lol:

Actually, bad example. Trivium never had a good track, EVER. xD

Music should officially have ceased production in the 1980's. :p

Faye said:
Liquid Skin said:
Faye said:
McIcy said:

Exactly, it's twice as retarded.

I remember when Trivium first dubbed themselves 'Kings Of Metal', or whatever over-inflated egotistical title it was, and nobody had even heard of them until they brought out that Metallica wannabe asshole-metal song; the one which I can't even remember the name of. :lol:

Actually, bad example. Trivium never had a good track, EVER. xD

Music should officially have ceased production in the 1980's. :p

Ahhh Trivium....good to laugh at for all of about 5 minutes and then spend the next 10 beating your head against the wall to forget their very existence.

Faye said:
McIcy said:

So in your eyes, people should only like bands that have recently came into the mainstream. That is just wrong.

Yeah I think I'll just carry on listening to Queen and Led Zeppelin.

Maxon said:
Faye said:
McIcy said:

So in your eyes, people should only like bands that have recently came into the mainstream. That is just wrong.

Yeah I think I'll just carry on listening to Queen and Led Zeppelin.

That was a proverbial saying, used for comic relief-- not be taken seriously. :?

Anyone who knows me knows my taste in music is purely based on what I like, not what's 'in'.

Ryo Chan said:
any rock band that "shouts" instead of sings (korn and slipknot for example)
Agreed. You wouldn't believe how pleasantly surprised I was when I first heard Stonesour. "ZOMG! Corey Taylor can SING!"

There's nothing wrong with screaming when it's usd in moderation but some bands haven't cottoned onto the fact that it's possible to be heavy as hell AND tuneful.

Shouting is good, and screaming (in a non-emo way) is good, but only when done well.

The only band that I can name off the top of my head that can't do this is Anal **** (yes, thats their name), but they never really professed to being a band, or even possessing any actual musical talent whatsoever.

IMO, Slipknot suck ass-- not because of the shouting, but because of their lame ass costume gimmic.

If Fall Out Boy are gonna make dire videos like this new one, I might just like them even less.

Hate to sound like one of those people, but I used to really love them about three/four years ago. I think they've really lost the plot since they got "big". Their music is still nice and all (I liked them a lot better around TITYG time though...), but I think they band themselves are sterling tossers.

Especially bloody Wentz,

Aaron said:
If Fall Out Boy are gonna make dire videos like this new one, I might just like them even less.

Hate to sound like one of those people, but I used to really love them about three/four years ago. I think they've really lost the plot since they got "big". Their music is still nice and all (I liked them a lot better around TITYG time though...), but I think they band themselves are sterling tossers.

Especially bloody Wentz,

I couldn't have put it better myself mate, money has gone to wentz head.
Take This to Your Grave was an absolutely amazing album, back then before they went mainstream and quite simply lost it.

Don't get me started on their videos lol

I agree with trumpster - as he said I hate anything that the "brainless masses" (great expression!) like or something thats mainstream - the weird thing I noticed with new music (most of it sucks ****!) is that everyone listens to it for about a month claiming it to be a work of art and then they move onto some other piece of crap, what a bunch of mindless f***tards (oh by the way what are the rules of swearing on the forum?)

This is a list of just a few talentless bands/artists (apparantly they're artists) which suck serious balls:
The Kooks
The Killers
Razorlight
U2 (although they're not new they are really talentless and Bono basically sees himself as God which pisses me off!)
basically all new rap/hip hop, new R&B crap

If I gave you the whole list, this would carry on for a long time!

it's a good thing good music still exists

Back