Bands You Hate

LukasROAR

Straw Hat Pirate
Everyone always talks about their favorite bands but what about the bands you really can't stand. Overrated? Unoriginal? or just plain bad.
Would love to see who people really dislike and some good debates about why.

Before i add the bands i despise/dislike, i just wanna say, sorry if you like bands i mention or if they mean a lot to you, this is my opinion and i don't dislike people who like these just the music and the people who perform it.

First up hmmm

Bring Me The Horizon - Arghh where to start, they come from the same city as me, we one of them does yet they claim they are a 'steel city' band lol.
The lead singer is one of the most pretentious people i have ever seen yet he is idolised by the bands fans as if some pioneer. He went to school with one of my best mates and bullied her for years because she was a rocker yet decided to switch and hang around with her friends in later years after all the stick he had given her. Theres also the fact of their music, the singers voice is just poor, okay he has a good hardcore vocal range but its near impossible to make out what he is saying. People who criticize him usually say the band makes up for it, bu tit seems so generic, the guitar are so similar to other hardcore bands and are just attempting to copy bands that are established in the genre such as As I Lay Dying and Black Dahlia Murder.
To finish, they are overrated, unoriginal and arrogant.

H.I.M - The heartogram logo is to tattooists what the short back and sides is to a barber. Another incredibly pushed media driven band. Its no t so much their music that annoys me it is their look and image which it wouldn't suprise me if the logo merch outsells CDs, but the lead singer is the worst. He's at the front of everything, videos, album covers. A band isn't just about the lead singer, he seems to get all the coverage.

Madina Lake - Another generic screaming pop punk band, we've seen it a million times before yet to 15's and under these guys are like the next big thing. I just don't understand hows these do well in a medium that has so many bands doing the same thing better.

Hard Fi - i don't think i really need to explain why, just listen.

The Rakes - that song 22 grand job is possibly the most annoying song imo of 2006, indy my ****, just another one of the many getting in on the resurfacing of brit pop/indy era. They can f*ck off coz theres a billion better bands out there that do exactly the same.

Cute Is What We Aim For - A band from the myspace generation with a stupid name, doing the same pop punk we heard back in 2003 with Allister, Homegrown etc the P-Rock days. This band seem to get a lot of attention from the media but bands like Hit The Lights and Houston Calls really do it better and deserve so much more credit than this lackluster band.

I'll add more when i can think.

LukasROAR said:
Madina Lake - Another generic screaming pop punk band, we've seen it a million times before yet to 15's and under these guys are like the next big thing. I just don't understand hows these do well in a medium that has so many bands doing the same thing better.

Hehe totally agree with you on that, a friend of mine swears they're the next best thing as well. Sad thing is that he's 19 not 15.......

Theres no band that i particularly hate per se - more genres. Indie music has become as oversaturated as rap, its so so corporate. Also i just dont get the singing, now accents are fine y'know, they define who we are etc etc but how would you like a metal band with a south-west accent hmm? Same thing applies to all those damn indie bands who just speak loudly with an accent rather than sing. I dont buy into all of that "awww he's so cute cause he has a x accent" shizz and im tired of hearing nonsensical lyrics about that girl down the street or other songs which they've obviously just raided the thesaurus over.

Oh i do have a special loathing for Razorlight now that i come to think of it but just because of the front man - totally up his own **** and constantly taking his shirt off with that disgusting puppy dog face of his. Grrr.

Pomtry said:
MCR- Lately ive just realy started to hate them there old songs where great but now they just plain piss me off

Totally forgot, This is exactly the same for me. They went down after 'The Black Parade'. And the lead singer is a n00bish loser whom pretended to be ill for the album. its just strange.

Nyu said:
i hate everything that other people like but i dont.

We have a winner.

Anyway;

Trivium: I seriously hate assholes who claim they like heavy metal when they chant proudly that Trivium kick ass. No.

Their first album was a screamo-ass joke with ****** riffs and bad vocals, and then they changed completely to a wannabe Metallica band, yet failing miserably.

Mark Ronson: Words cannot describe how much of a cockbleeding charlatan this asshole is.
"Hey I'm Mark assface Ronson, and I just remixed a bunch of classics into pigpiss, overlaid them with some talentless singer-- i.e: Lily Allen, and then claimed it as new and original music. Pass.

I wish Mark Ronson testicular cancer.

I actually feel better now

I dislike the new bands who are getting coverage because they are 'in fashion'. Lately it's been clones of the Strokes (who weren't half bad before they were over-exposed) - now you can't look on a music channel or switch on the radio without the latest five minute wonder from The Somethings, who are invariably a bunch of semi-skilled musicians posing as scruffy New Yorkers. Similarly, Coldplay heralded a wave of watered-down dullness whose only redeeming feature is its ability to cure insomnia.

I guess I dislike bandwagon-jumpers who ride the success of existing bands: emos, nu metallers, indie kids...oh yeah, I've never liked Abba. Dunno why, it just makes me reach for the 'stop' button.

This is a subject I feel REALLY strongly about since I love music in so many guises but I can't respect people who put image before playing a tune in their own unique way. I'm also awkward by nature so don't like being told what I 'should' like! :p
*EDIT*
@Faye: after the mediocre St Anger, not even Metallica sound like Metallica anymore. :(

Martin said:
I guess I dislike bandwagon-jumpers who ride the success of existing bands
The sudden increase of Dir en Grey "fans" too.

I don't like Enter Shakira, I mean, Enter Shikari, ****** generic screamo band.

I also don't like Oshare Kei band Antic Café, ****** sqeaky vocals and can't play instruments for ****, getting by with their androgyny image.

I must add, people that destroy classical music for "dance" YES I MEAN YOU deejay tiesto. Fans that think said deejays composed said peices of art.

Also every mary jane idiot that doesn't realise a songs a cover and thinks thier favourite artist wrote it.

Pop rap, 50 cent rap etc. I love rap but these guys are cashing in.

Nyu said:
Also every mary jane idiot that doesn't realise a songs a cover and thinks thier favourite artist wrote it.

"Mayn, Iron Maiden ruined Children of Bodom's "Aces High" - Some random guy on IRC.

Lupus Inu said:
Martin said:
I guess I dislike bandwagon-jumpers who ride the success of existing bands
The sudden increase of Dir en Grey "fans" too.
In saying I got into them during their Withering to Death era and don't rate their latest album as their best, I hope I don't fall into that category! :?:

Bring Me The Horizon - Arghh where to start, they come from the same city as me, we one of them does yet they claim they are a 'steel city' band lol.
The lead singer is one of the most pretentious people i have ever seen yet he is idolised by the bands fans as if some pioneer. He went to school with one of my best mates and bullied her for years because she was a rocker yet decided to switch and hang around with her friends in later years after all the stick he had given her. Theres also the fact of their music, the singers voice is just poor, okay he has a good hardcore vocal range but its near impossible to make out what he is saying. People who criticize him usually say the band makes up for it, bu tit seems so generic, the guitar are so similar to other hardcore bands and are just attempting to copy bands that are established in the genre such as As I Lay Dying and Black Dahlia Murder.

I won £30 vouchers for Rant of the Week in Kerrang when I wrote about them! I didn't even mean to send it to Kerrang either, I posted it on their Myspace to annoy some emos. Anyway...

I hate all emo music.
Stop right there, emo kid. I don't care what you think emo is, and whether or not Band X are emo. I'm talking about the bands that you instantly adopt because of their fashion sense or because their name sounds like something you wrote in your notebook (which used to be mainly white lined paper but is now mainly covered in weird black patterns that you shade in when you're bored). Emo isn't a way of life. Not any more than Nu-Metal was. And nowadays everyone just laughs at Limp Bizkit.

I also dislike indie music, I find the "British Uni" aura of it all a bit annoying. But I accept, more than I do with emo, that it's just not to my liking.

There isn't a particular band I hate, just a general consensus of hating any band that is overhyped and popular to the brainless masses. Personally I just listen to music I find sounds good, peer pressure and mass opinion is more likely to turn me away from a band.

Lately the only one I can say I listened to that sounded bad was My Chemical Romance, they played before Linkin Park in an online concert and I just couldn't wait for them to get off stage so the decent bands could get on. :x

Lupus Inu said:
Nyu said:

"Mayn, Iron Maiden ruined Children of Bodom's "Aces High" - Some random guy on IRC.

Trust me, CoB did it decently-- Arch Enemy obliterated it into hell. :x

Sami said:
The White Stripes.

They can't sing or make good music for ****.

They are the band I hate the most. :x

Considering they're a two person group, they do very well for themselves.

The only song I liked by them was 'Fell In Love With A Girl', and that was only because the video had a lego animation. :lol:

Girls Aloud - The fact that they're songs make no sense whatsoever really bugs me, I mean "Something kind of Ooh, jumping on my Tutu"...WTF Does that mean?!

Greenday - They used to be really brilliant and now they're all "WAR, POLITICS, SELF-HATE" Boo-frickin'-Hoo.

The Kooks - I hate accents when people sing. It is so precocious and freakishly annoying. "I'm a bettah man muvin' on to bettah fings" X_____________X

Kate Nash - Not a band but ARGH, same reason as above really.

Aiden - I can't stand bands that promote self hate but then claim to be 'Saving people from their emotions'. It's all bullcrap, and not to mention, their videos are so annoyingly rubbish.

Fredde Le Grand - Again, not a band but still. I can't stand 'Artists' who take a basic beat, add some basic lyrics then put half-naked women in their videos so they'll sell. It annoys me even more when it works.

I generally can't stand anything that requires no talent in order to make AKA Computers instead of instruments and Synthesisers so that the most Tone Deaf person can sound like Celine Dion.

Erk, you should change the title to "Music 'Artists' you Hate"

Espy said:

I won £30 vouchers for Rant of the Week in Kerrang when I wrote about them! I didn't even mean to send it to Kerrang either, I posted it on their Myspace to annoy some emos. Anyway...

I hate all emo music.
Stop right there, emo kid. I don't care what you think emo is, and whether or not Band X are emo. I'm talking about the bands that you instantly adopt because of their fashion sense or because their name sounds like something you wrote in your notebook (which used to be mainly white lined paper but is now mainly covered in weird black patterns that you shade in when you're bored). Emo isn't a way of life. Not any more than Nu-Metal was. And nowadays everyone just laughs at Limp Bizkit.

I also dislike indie music, I find the "British Uni" aura of it all a bit annoying. But I accept, more than I do with emo, that it's just not to my liking.

Lmao, you legend :D
I still cannot believe they won that breakthrough artist or best new band whatever they won last year. It was criminal.

Kate Nash - London accent bandwagon anyone?, you wanna hear real London indie music check out the likes of Emmy the Great or someone who actually has talent.

Aiden - Totally agree with the guy who posted about them, i just don't get them. They play on the image that will sell well to the kids, make up etc it seems it's more about their image than the music. it's just ridiculous, poor live too.

Agree with the indie situation too, we all know indie isn't indie anymore but the amount of bands that just sound the same with 'the' infront of their names is appalling, majority are just so generic.
Don't get me wrong i like the a bit of 'indie' now and again but it's gotten out of hand.
What really annoys me is how the indie fad has people these days, especially uni student. The ones that during school mocked you for liking alternative and indie music yet now they've all grown their hair and like indie because it's fashionable and on the radio. arghh lol

Back