Bands You Hate

Nyu said:
any band that has done live 8 or has anything to do with the environment/poverty. i automatically hate you.

Its not too bad when the band was actually known for protesting before it. Granted you dont see them making huge donations (but then its a catch 22, if they alert the media that they're donating they're accused of pandering to the public)

But to all the bands jumping on the bandwagon........Argh screw you Madonna! Die Die Die Die Die!

LukasROAR said:
Lmao, you legend :D
I still cannot believe they won that breakthrough artist or best new band whatever they won last year. It was criminal.

That was exactly what sparked my rant! Though they edited my post for length, and somehow managed to add in poor grammar in the process, making me look kinda stupid. Here's the original rant if you're interested.

Dear Kerrang!,
I would love to vote for the best new British band but I'm afraid I have a problem. The only two bands that seem to be getting votes are "Bring Me The Horizon" and "Flood Of Red". After researching these bands I have come to wonder why they are so revolutionary and deserve to win this award. Bring Me The Horizon merely consists of an upset person whining over Gibson SG guitars downtuned to Drop D and a drummer that likes his double bass pedal a bit too much. And Flood Of Red are just another emo band, much like Bring Me The Horizon, only with heartfelt melodic choruses. Now I fail to see what is so special about these bands. Is it the lyrics? I'm sorry, but as far as I can hear, the lyrics are incomprehensible, apart from the occasional obvious "DIE" or "CRIMSON" etc. And regardless, I'm sure their lyrics are of the same poetic level as a depressed teenager's notebook writings. So I must come to the conclusion that these bands are only becoming popular because of votes from the emo majority who have started reading your magazine over the past while. This saddens me. So Kerrang!, instead of giving my vote for a band I like, could you instead take away one vote each from these bands? Thank you.

P.S. If Panic (refuse to spell with exclamation mark) at the Disco win best international newcomer award, someone will die.

They removed the part about the "emo majority", believe it or not.

This sparked an amusing little back'n'forth with a Myspacer which I'll try to dig up.

By the way, I also won Star Letter in GamesTM once, but I never got my prize =( And my letter was edited so much it was hardly my letter at all.

Espy said:
LukasROAR said:
Lmao, you legend :D
I still cannot believe they won that breakthrough artist or best new band whatever they won last year. It was criminal.

That was exactly what sparked my rant! Though they edited my post for length, and somehow managed to add in poor grammar in the process, making me look kinda stupid. Here's the original rant if you're interested.

Dear Kerrang!,
I would love to vote for the best new British band but I'm afraid I have a problem. The only two bands that seem to be getting votes are "Bring Me The Horizon" and "Flood Of Red". After researching these bands I have come to wonder why they are so revolutionary and deserve to win this award. Bring Me The Horizon merely consists of an upset person whining over Gibson SG guitars downtuned to Drop D and a drummer that likes his double bass pedal a bit too much. And Flood Of Red are just another emo band, much like Bring Me The Horizon, only with heartfelt melodic choruses. Now I fail to see what is so special about these bands. Is it the lyrics? I'm sorry, but as far as I can hear, the lyrics are incomprehensible, apart from the occasional obvious "DIE" or "CRIMSON" etc. And regardless, I'm sure their lyrics are of the same poetic level as a depressed teenager's notebook writings. So I must come to the conclusion that these bands are only becoming popular because of votes from the emo majority who have started reading your magazine over the past while. This saddens me. So Kerrang!, instead of giving my vote for a band I like, could you instead take away one vote each from these bands? Thank you.

P.S. If Panic (refuse to spell with exclamation mark) at the Disco win best international newcomer award, someone will die.

They removed the part about the "emo majority", believe it or not.

This sparked an amusing little back'n'forth with a Myspacer which I'll try to dig up.

By the way, I also won Star Letter in GamesTM once, but I never got my prize =( And my letter was edited so much it was hardly my letter at all.

Thats well awesome mate, shame magazines edit so much.
I've never been published in a letter page before, well last time i tried was when i was 14 to Match magazine and before that 8 and sonic the comic lol. I so wanted those Sonic and Knuckles dog tags *sniff*
You ever complain about your missing prize?

But your rant was well due, i honestly don't understand how they won that vote, apparently like you said, the votes were only going to those 2 bands due to a fault in the system! How bad is that.
But seriously they are generic, even to fans of the genre, listen to As I Lay Dying instead it's just so obvious, guitar and drumming wise. They even wanted their producer to do their album.
I hate how Kerrang bum them too. I dislike Kerrang, they proper build some bands up and then just smash them down and they gave Angels and Airwaves *shudders* all the publicity and hardly non to +44.
Another thing laughable about BMTH, you hear about the infamous 'pissing' incident on a girl on the tour bus which he got arrested for. lmao i don't care whether he did it or not but apparently he pleads his innocence saying he pissed on the floor, now who in their right mind would piss where they are sleeping, it's liek their home. Artards

I found said back-and-forth!

It goes Myspacer-Me-Myspacer-Me etc.

dont no much about guitars do you?
lee and curtis uses an ibanez
and its not drop D its drop B

and if you sure about the lyrics been abvout been depressed teenager why dont you reed them i think you find they arnt about been a depressed teenager

come to the conclusion that these bands are only becoming popular because of votes from the emo majority.

well no if seen ltos of dirty metal heads voting bmth

well tbh there soing better things than wat your doing
dont see you drumming in a band who are as big as eaither of them to bands
so stop your whinning"

Heheh, I love it when people get touchy over their bands.

I was referring to the guitars as it was the most stereotypically used type in bands such as them. And no, I don't know much about them. I don't play them. I was merely making a point.

Okay, I read the lyrics.

"I hate all my friends,
This must end"

"You're a traitor to my heart
You're a traitor to us ******* all
And I don't want to kiss anyone but you
I ******* love you"

Oh yeah, he's totally happy.

"Dirty Metalheads"?

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR HAIR? All the proper "dirty metalheads" are away moaning about Metallica's latest album and loving the return of Anthrax's original lineup. They are NOT listening to BMTH. Their hair is twice as long as BMTH's and NOT straightened.

Your final statement? That's quite pathetic, and someone always has to throw it in. No, I'm not in a big band. It doesn't bother me that I'm not in a big band. I don't really care. But if I was in a big band, I would not want to be in a big emo band.
Also, I was not "whinning". The post was actually written in a jocular tone, strengthened by the very formal structure. I was not moaning, or "whinning", about anything.

And I thank you for this, it's a good way to pass the summer.

touchy over their bands:s
what are you on about?
there amazing at what they do end of?

Also known as "The Ran Out Of Things To Say" post.

so ur sayign there **** on guitars
there **** on drums?
and there screemer cant screem.
looks aint everything

I never commented on their talent. They aren't sucky players, though if you want to listen to bands for musical talent, there are bands 100 times better, like Racer X for example. BMTH's talent levels with every other screamo/metalcore/whatever stupid emo label you want to brand them with band out there. And I believe firmly that "Screaming" is a stupid fad that will go away soon. I doubt we'll see "screamers" any time soon in an opera, do you? The whole idea of screaming is a stupid one, and anyone can scream if they're willing to damage their vocal chords.

thats there own choice
if they want to **** there vocal chords

So what does that have to do with anything I said apart from the pun at the end?

Then he stopped. I love how his arguements got smaller and smaller.

trumpster said:
There isn't a particular band I hate, just a general consensus of hating any band that is overhyped and popular to the brainless masses. Personally I just listen to music I find sounds good, peer pressure and mass opinion is more likely to turn me away from a band.
That's pretty much the same as me. My biggest example would be Pink Floyd.
Espy said:
Not any more than Nu-Metal was. And nowadays everyone just laughs at Limp Bizkit.
And I laugh at those that laugh at Limp Bizket because it's highly likely the mockers were the ones that listened to them in the first place.

Maxon said:
Espy said:
Not any more than Nu-Metal was. And nowadays everyone just laughs at Limp Bizkit.
And I laugh at those that laugh at Limp Bizket because it's highly likely the mockers were the ones that listened to them in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, Limp Bizkit are a great comedy band! But nah, I was never really a fan. Linkin Park, yes, when I was 14. But never Limp Bizkit.

I even thought the **** Durst pulled was kinda stupid, i.e: the Jackson style crotch-grabbing, yet I actually did like some of his tracks-- this was in Primary school btw. :p

So yeah, LB was dropped about 7 years ago for me.

Pomtry said:
Linkin Park 8) well i dont hate them now but i used to realy hate them just because the guy in the gegs pissed me off :D

Bennington? - that whiny bitch. :lol:

Mike Shinoda however, actually has some very good rapping talent, mixed with instrumental skills-- he should ditch this **** and start a solo project, and break up completely with LP.

Espy said:
Maxon said:
Espy said:

Don't get me wrong, Limp Bizkit are a great comedy band! But nah, I was never really a fan. Linkin Park, yes, when I was 14. But never Limp Bizkit.
I still think Linkin Park are a good band, and Limp Bizket do have some decent songs, even if they aren't very talented. Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that I don't hate bands that are cool to hate. I either usually ignore them (e.g. MCR and Fallout Boy) or give them a bit of credit (e.g. Limp Bizket and Linkin Park). I tend to hate bands that everyone says I should like. I find it really annoying when I hear Pink Floyd fanboys cry that Pink Floyd were the epitome of "experimental" music and flame me for saying their music sucks. I find Pink Floyd fans like that are just too far up their own arses to actually give a good reason why the music is so good beyond throwing around buzz words.

Maxon said:
I still think Linkin Park are a good band, and Limp Bizket do have some decent songs, even if they aren't very talented. Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that I don't hate bands that are cool to hate. I either usually ignore them (e.g. MCR and Fallout Boy) or give them a bit of credit (e.g. Limp Bizket and Linkin Park). I tend to hate bands that everyone says I should like. I find it really annoying when I hear Pink Floyd fanboys cry that Pink Floyd were the epitome of "experimental" music and flame me for saying their music sucks. I find Pink Floyd fans like that are just too far up their own arses to actually give a good reason why the music is so good beyond throwing around buzz words.

Aye i agree - Linkin Park are actually quite good imo and......well ive heard a couple of Limp Biz's songs and couldnt really care either way to be honest - too much energy required to hate so why should i waste it on a band i dont care about anyway?

Its just when bands are overplayed that i get a real fire going. Most of the time i actually come back to the band once all the hype is over and enjoy what i listen to. Linkin Park was the same, i refused to be caught up in the hype and avoided them like the plague, now a couple years later i come back and hey, they arent too bad. Likewise MCR have a couple good songs on their first album. Bands themselves arent usually hated - its the fans that kill them.

Liquid Skin said:
Maxon said:

Aye i agree - Linkin Park are actually quite good imo and......well ive heard a couple of Limp Biz's songs and couldnt really care either way to be honest - too much energy required to hate so why should i waste it on a band i dont care about anyway?

Its just when bands are overplayed that i get a real fire going. Most of the time i actually come back to the band once all the hype is over and enjoy what i listen to. Linkin Park was the same, i refused to be caught up in the hype and avoided them like the plague, now a couple years later i come back and hey, they arent too bad. Likewise MCR have a couple good songs on their first album. Bands themselves arent usually hated - its the fans that kill them.

My Chem's first album is reyt good, 'Our Lady of Sorrows' and 'Drowning Lessons' are just two amazing tracks, shame they never play old old stuff live anymore (very rarely) their sound has just got more mainstream ever since.
Same with Fall Out Boy, their 1st full length album 'Take This To Your Grave' is absolutley amazing(not counting the abysmal 'an evening out with your girlfriend' as their first) when it first came out it was original raw pop punk with a hardcore edge and gritty lyrics. But now there just terrible, Pete Wentz shoves his face in front of the rest of the band, the videos are so embarrasing they make me cringe and the music is just about as mainstream as a pop punk band can get. Real shame but i don't blame them for selling out, if i had the chance to go mainstream and make mega bucks i definitely would, a lot of bands arn't in the music business for a long time so ya gotta make your money while you can i guess. So i can't blame them just a little dissapointed as a fan.

Hmm i cant really think of a band that i hate. At the moment im getting really annoyed with rap and stuff cause my sister listens to it non stop, if you listen closely to some of the songs they are just saying random stuff that sounds good when strung together.

Taylor said:
Hmm i cant really think of a band that i hate. At the moment im getting really annoyed with rap and stuff cause my sister listens to it non stop, if you listen closely to some of the songs they are just saying random stuff that sounds good when strung together.

I go by Dylan Moran's analysis of rap, its all about what they've got "i've got guns, i've got bitches, i've got guns full of bitches and they run on pimp juice" I dont really want to spend my spare time listening to someone's overinflated ego listing his possessions in a radio version of Cribs.

That's.....ONE of the reasons why i dont listen to rap (also the fact that i just hate the music, so so so so basic - abab rhyme scheme with a generic bassline behind it and a couple of beeps is all that i've heard in rap music, even my nemesis, indie music changes the instruments every so often)

Faye said:
Mike Shinoda however, actually has some very good rapping talent, mixed with instrumental skills-- he should ditch this **** and start a solo project, and break up completely with LP.
Heard any Fort Minor? Good stuff.

I used to love LP, but they don't really do anything for me anymore...Reanimation is still one of my favourite CDs though.

Speaking of LP, Has anyone seen that MTV clip about their latest album thing 'Minutes to Midnight' or something. They hate it themselves. They wanted something brilliant and totally originally, But they didn't and ended up with that. :X

I also hate All american rejects just because some tit in college today was taking the piss and playing one of there songs over and over again loud as hell in class :x plus they just plain suck :wink:

Back