Bandai Entertainment is Dead!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Katanagatari sold out quickly; I hope that's because it was surprisingly popular and not because relatively few units were produced. That there's been no announcement of a regular edition as with Toradora and Wagnaria has my cynic sense tingling, though.

But if NISA keep licensing and releasing shows they must be doing something right. I can see Kimi ni Todoke doing well for them.

One or two people on this forum have purchased NISA sets. I have the Toradora, Wagnaria, Katanagatari, Our Home's Fox Deity and Arakawa Under the Bridge. I also have the first season of Kimi ni Todoke on preorder.

I have every NISA set except the Persona and Our Home's Fox Deity ones. And I have every upcoming set flagged for preorder other than House of Five Leaves (and that is only because Beez beat them to it).

I don't know what they are doing to be able to keep getting such classy licenses and apparently profiting from them, but they're becoming one of my favourite companies in the US very quickly.

R

Mohawk52 said:
I call that "the white dwarf effect" meaning the dying ember of a bright star that has exploded, and like that ember Bandai's anime and manga will grow dark and cold of interest, like the other dark star Geneon.

Rather then seeing it as a dying star, I feel Geneon has placed a hex on each of Americas other companies were in this kinda thing happens annually.
You watch, by the end of this year to the next something will happen again.

*le sigh* You will never get Haruhi season 3

Interesting developments, very surprised to read such a detailed official statement on the matter. I think my views on things are laced with too much schadenfreude for me to air them any further.

Back