As does Bookwalker, and new releases come out at 8am here. Still 20 hours of the 8th left though, I guess, in California.
Thats because the books are always released at midnight PT, all the stuff on Netflix usually goes up at that time too but CR always uploads non simulcast content in their normal business hours.

Funimation batch for this week.

Anime:Notes:
The Galaxy Railways26 eps - Dub + Sub
JINSEI - Life Consulting13 eps - Sub
Kiddy Grade24 eps - Dub + Sub
LASTEXILE -Fam, the Silver Wing-21 eps - Dub + Sub
Maesetsu! Opening Act12 eps - Dub + Sub
Moeyo Ken13 eps - Dub + Sub
Project Blue Earth SOS6 eps - Dub + Sub
Sasami Magical Girls Club26 eps - Dub + Sub
Solty Rei25 eps - Dub + Sub
Venus Versus Virus12 eps - Dub + Sub

Another Funimation batch appears in the same week, which is irregular.

Chaos Dragon12 eps - Dub + Sub
FLOW Chokaigi 2020 -Anime Shibari returns-Live-Action Concert - Sub
Noein ~to your other self~24 eps - Dub + Sub
Sakura Quest25 eps - Dub + Sub
Shin GodzillaLive-Action Film - Dub + Sub
Three Leaves, Three Colors12 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA viewers is the live-action film Shinobi, the classic Speed Racer, as well as the English dubs for Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU & Noir.

Bonus: Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! will also be available on Netflix starting 1st January. It is not known whether it will utilise the HD upscale transfer that Discotek produced for their releases.

Golden Kamuy s4 will now air from the beginning in the Spring '23 season:

Still not sure who the person was who unfortunately died. I assume it wasn't a VA because I'm sure we would have heard. Other than a (main character) VA I assume the director is the only other position that couldn't be covered by someone else in the immediate time frame.

Golden Kamuy s4 will now air from the beginning in the Spring '23 season:

Still not sure who the person was who unfortunately died. I assume it wasn't a VA because I'm sure we would have heard. Other than a (main character) VA I assume the director is the only other position that couldn't be covered by someone else in the immediate time frame.
The ANN report mentioned it was one of the staff, so I suspect it's probably someone who's important enough to which they were needed for a number of episodes.

The Prince of Tennis now has episodes 1-50 streaming on Crunchyroll meaning the service has episodes 1-128 of the original series. In addition to the subtitled version, a new dub by Sound Cadence, who have been dubbing the series for a while now, is also included for these 50 episodes added

the first 50 episodes were previously not available on Funimation or Crunchyroll until now, presumably to do with a previous agreement.

Last edited:
Next Funimation batch.

BEM12 eps - Dub + Sub
Deep Insanity: The Lost Child12 eps - Dub + Sub
D-Frag!12 eps - Dub + Sub
Time Travel Girl12 eps - Sub
Tokyo Majin Season 114 eps - Dub + Sub
Tokyo Majin Season 212 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA viewers is Witch Hunter Robin.

Interesting, I have the Beez DVDs (yet to (re) watch) because I saw it back in the day on AnimeCentral. I assume it's on @anime_andrew 's long list for a Blu-ray release by AL as most shows on the channel have appeared on Blu-ray by AL apart GitS: SAC by Manga. And thus AL have blocked it.
Funimation released the show (and also Angel Links, and Banner & Crest of the Stars) on DVD only over in the US, so I suspect Japan doesn't have any HD masters so even if AL had the rights I don't expect there to be a Blu-ray release.

Funimation released the show (and also Angel Links, and Banner & Crest of the Stars) on DVD only over in the US, so I suspect Japan doesn't have any HD masters so even if AL had the rights I don't expect there to be a Blu-ray release.
So why is it not streaming here do you think? Someone else must have the rights?

So why is it not streaming here do you think? Someone else must have the rights?
Back in the classic era of licensing, when Bandai went under, Funimation acquired a package deal of titles from Sunrise and Kadokawa, and they were mostly US/CA only.

The Sunrise titles in the deal were Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Vision of Escaflowne (& Escaflowne the Movie), Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, My-HiME (& My-Otome), Angel Links, Banner of the Stars (& Crest of the Stars), Witch Hunter Robin, and Tales of the Abyss.

As you could probably tell by some of the titles on there, they were all region A only when they were released in the US. And I remember this stuff because I joined the anime community in 2012-2013 time just as Anime Limited started licensing UK titles and license rescues were a big thing. Anime Limited has some of those and KAZE had Code Geass before it eventually shifted over to Funimation UK. In other words, currently no one in the UK owns Angel Links, My-Otome, Banner & Crest, Tales of the Abyss and Witch Hunter Robin.

Sentai also had a similar package but they barely released any of them except for The Big O (with Discotek rescuing s-CRY-ed).

Another Funimation batch appears in the same week, which is irregular.

Coyote Ragtime Show12 eps - Dub + Sub
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo24 eps - Dub Add-on
Peacemaker24 eps - Dub Add-on
Ping Pong the Animation11 eps - Dub + Sub
The Reflection12 eps - Dub Add-on
Sakura Wars the MovieFilm - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA viewers is Oh! Edo Rocket.

Also forgot to mention these lot were also included in the batch from earlier in the week:

Show By Rock!!12 eps - Dub + Sub
Show By Rock!! Shorts!!12 eps - Dub + Sub
Show By Rock!!# (Season 2)12 eps - Dub + Sub
Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth12 eps - Dub + Sub

Last edited:
Funimation batch for this week.

Demon City ShinjukuFilm - Dub + Sub
Garo: Crimson Moon23 eps - Dub + Sub
Garo -VANISHING LINE-24 eps - Dub Add-on
Nobunagun13 eps - Dub Add-on
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 220226 eps - Dub + Sub
Wanna Be the Strongest in the World12 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for Australia & New Zealand are Fireworks, Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, and Wicked City.

I am expecting a second batch later this week just like the previous two weeks. There's roughly around 200 anime titles remaining from Funimation's backlog to be included on the Crunchyroll service.

Another Funimation batch just before 2023 begins. Starting 2023 all new updates will be in the Winter 2023 thread.

PuraOra! PRIDE OF ORANGE12 eps - Dub Add-on
Utawarerumono26 eps - Dub + Sub
X25 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA is the live-action film RoboGeisha.

Back