AUKN's Best of the Decade - Results and Discussion

Soremachi I couldn't believe how high that came. DRRR!! I guess still people waiting on full release to watch it, or just considered it "too new" to have fully settled on their opinion. Pretty easy to find people who aren't so in love with Index (WALL OF TEXT, etc).

I thought Eureka Seven, Gurren Lagann, and especially Haibane Renmei would come higher.

Maybe I should've just put one vote in for Millennium Actress! Not sure how much it would've changed the rankings though. From what I've watched that's on there, I'd have excluded Toki wo Kakeru Shojo, Paprika, GitS 2 and Rahxephon from my list. Overall, barring a handful of titles that look dubious just by reputation, it's a pretty sound set of titles.

There's a lot of scope for statistical analysis of the results (by director, year, length of series, genres, themes), may try it if I get bored.

ilmaestro, I'll add my voice to the chorus of thanks for doing this: thanks! As a suggestion, there could always be a worst of the decade vote.

Mm, thumbs up for the organised [and actually successful] attempt to do something a bit different around here :)

I'd like to see more as well down the line, and I promise to vote (unless it's a Top Ten Irritating Key Characters Of The Decade or something).

R

Whoever voted for Monster and Le Chevalier d'Eon gets a brofist from me.

I'm quite surprised Spice and Wolf was so low down. I wonder if it's too low key for people, despite how popular it is.

My use of the word "otherwise" makes little to no sense. I noticed after reading that animals have skin; it reads like I'm saying people without ears and a tail are animals, when obviously they are human.

The top ten seem to be quite balanced list that didn't contain nothing to controversial. But it feels a bit of empty result for me when a title like One Piece is excluded simply because of their start date. Even when the majority of the series was shown in the 00's.

I can't think of many title which signified the 00's decade of Anime better than One Piece.

Neferpitou said:
The top ten seem to be quite balanced list that didn't contain nothing to controversial. But it feels a bit of empty result for me when a title like One Piece is excluded simply because of their start date. Even when the majority of the series was shown in the 00's.

I can't think of many title which signified the 00's decade of Anime better than One Piece.
Moe, and bishoujo is the 00's thing. (just look at what aired in 2004/ 2005)
Or the rise of CG over hand drawn anime.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi- said:
Haruhi Suzumiya

TWICE ON THE LIST

i demand a recount ¬__¬

Glad to see GITS and Black lagoon on the list though.

Yeah, I know, quite the injustice tachi :p

Actually, the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, was really good I must admit, you should watch it if you ever get the chance, its one of these once every few years anime movies, that are genuinely good and not studio ghilbi either.

Does seem alittle biased to have the same title but one as a movie and the other a series in the top 10 of a decade, surely another title deserved one of those spaces.

I'm not too keen on the show, i know what its about (a girl who can control....basically the universe, but isn't aware of it, and there's a group of "monsters" from another dimension) all in all its not entirely interesting to me. i may give it a shot though, in the future.

Gurren Lagann, Darker than black, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, code geass, soul eater.

any of them could have been added.

Tachi- said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi- said:
Haruhi Suzumiya

TWICE ON THE LIST

i demand a recount ¬__¬

Glad to see GITS and Black lagoon on the list though.

Yeah, I know, quite the injustice tachi :p

Actually, the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, was really good I must admit, you should watch it if you ever get the chance, its one of these once every few years anime movies, that are genuinely good and not studio ghilbi either.

Does seem alittle biased to have the same title but one as a movie and the other a series in the top 10 of a decade, surely another title deserved one of those spaces.

I'm not too keen on the show, i know what its about (a girl who can control....basically the universe, but isn't aware of it, and there's a group of "monsters" from another dimension) all in all its not entirely interesting to me. i may give it a shot though, in the future.

Gurren Lagann, Darker than black, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, code geass, soul eater.

any of them could have been added.

Code Geass was on the list at number 3 (I voted for it).

Back