AUKN Meetups: Have we actually had one?

Well no-one has volunteered any better suggestions in the three weeks since I came up with it as an idea for a meeting place. Even if I just sit there and have an expensive drink while I wait for you guys then we immediately leave it'll serve its purpose. It's a bit late to be changing venue now, especially if anyone happened to be reading the thread earlier and doesn't do so this evening.

ayase said:
Well no-one has volunteered any better suggestions in the three weeks since I came up with it as an idea for a meeting place. Even if I just sit there and have an expensive drink while I wait for you guys then we immediately leave it'll serve its purpose. It's a bit late to be changing venue now, especially if anyone happened to be reading the thread earlier and doesn't do so this evening.

You should have checked your private messages then ;)

And beer prices don't fluctuate much, the important one is the price of food ;)

Shirayuri said:
You should have checked your private messages then ;)
Uh, implying you sent one? Because I don't appear to have received any PMs from anyone regarding this meetup...

I was never particularly planning on eating there but then I wasn't really planning anything beyond the initial meetup. Like I say, once we've all met up we can decide what to do from there.

Cool, well at least there'll be a few of us then. And Shirayuri I'll be sure to hold that posture for you! I might actually have to, as I'm seriously considering a shave, and I can look quite different without a beard. ha

I've recieved word from our comandante - He is apparently free to join us now as well. I'm on my way - Today, I look like a farmer (big khaki coat and grey wool jumper). Looking forward to meeting you all!

If all goes wrong, we have enough people to now play Monopoly in the pub then. Recently Game have been selling Nintendo Monopoly. Sure sounds like the best way to spend your time in London to me! ;)

Apologies that i cannot make it, a combination of my mum damaging herself and being admitted to hospital, the snow is rather bad in luton so i cannot drive to town and catch the train and finally my new phone arrived today so i'm sort of buggered until thats sorted.

Hope you all have a great time none the less, i will be there for the may expo so if i miss anyone then i'll be sure to see you then!

And a good time was had by all. At least, a good time was had by me anyway. It was nice to put faces to more names, go for an evening wander around London, have a lovely Japanese meal and smash each other around in bumper cars. Ace. Thanks for joining me everyone.

Thank you, for pulling everyone together, ayase! Good time indeed, and was really nice to meet some of the people behind the avatars. Enjoy France, and be sure to give us a shout whenever your passing through the great wen again!

Zin5ki was a surprisingly aggressive dodgem driver, too! lol.

Ayase, I think we did okay though. You were a good driver, sir :p

Was a nice meal at the end too! Would definately go to do all of this again next time if another were to be arranged!

Ayase, Zin5ki, Shirayuki always nice to see you guys. Vashdaman, it was nice meeting you too sir.

So, the next event is May Expo, anyone coming?

I'll be in London to see voddas in Camden at midday tomorrow, if anyone would like to meet up then post here and illl messsage you the meet up :)

Excuse my post to a post, but I have an important announcement

To All Fellow Devon'ers, I'm staying down in your beautiful County over the next fortnight.

So if anyone wants to have a wonderful time with a legend, then you're in the wrong stand
Still once in a lifetime, and I'll pay for the drinks so long as you get the first round

Last edited by a moderator:
Well so much for that I doubt there's any one that wants to. Can't see why other then the fact I'm trying to put in the effort this time.
hoo hum

Back