AUKN Character Battle Round 3, Match 1: Edward Elric/Spike Spiegel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Round three has officially begun. The voting gets harder and harder.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 4th October. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

hc9RcWC.png

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

He is the youngest State Alchemist ever to be recognized by the Amestris State Military, having received the title at the age of 12. Ed's primary motivation throughout the series is to return his younger brother, Alphonse, to his original body, which was lost in a failed human transmutation. Just don't call him a pipsqueak.

Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

Spike Spiegel is a tall and lean 27-year-old bounty hunter born on Mars. He's the main protagonist of Cowboy Bebop, which tells the story of his travels on a spaceship called the Bebop with his crew Jet, Faye, Ed & Ein.

Oh this is a toughie. Hmmmm. I think I'm going to go Edward simply due to the fact between the two FMA series I've seen a lot more of him and have grown more fond of him because of that. I do love both characters though.

This will be a close one for me as I like both characters. I think I will cast my vote later in the week after I have given it more thought.

I think I will vote for Spike this round (sorry Ed)

I've never seen FMA, but although I do like the idea of a disabled lead character like Edward, in my minds eye I'm a lot like Spike so my vote goes to mr. Spiegal.

Speaking of FMA, if I've never seen it, what's the better show to watch, the original or Brotherhood. I hear conflicting reports, so what's the AUKN consensus?

I vote for Edward Elric

vashdaman said:
Speaking of FMA, if I've never seen it, what's the better show to watch, the original or Brotherhood. I hear conflicting reports, so what's the AUKN consensus?

both are great but since Brotherhood is the true story from the manga it's the much better series.

I vote for Ed.

vashdaman said:

I thought the original was decent and resisted Brotherhood for ages as I didn't want to watch the same content twice. When I finally got around to it I realised I was silly as Brotherhood was much more enjoyable for me; it had faster pacing and many of the characters I liked were either missing from the first adaptation or not properly developed there. Though I guess if you're going to watch both, watching the original first makes the most sense since it's heavily condensed for the follow-up and doing it the other way around will seem like a slog.

R

This has happened before in the past - Heh, they wanted to knock heads against each other that badly.

Like last time, I will vote for Edward.

Cool a guy as Spike is, I feel I have to choose Ed out of hot-blooded manlet solidarity.

Both of these rounds are wonderful and awful by the way, it's a testament to AUKN's taste that they're are all great characters in this round, every one.

I'll vote for Spike on this one.

Both are great characters so I guess I'll be both happy and disappointed with the result (unless they cheat and both go through, I suppose). To be fair, neither would be top of my list for people I'd like to win but they do both make good alternatives (probably with a higher actual chance of winning too).

Rui said:
I vote for Ed.

vashdaman said:

I thought the original was decent and resisted Brotherhood for ages as I didn't want to watch the same content twice. When I finally got around to it I realised I was silly as Brotherhood was much more enjoyable for me; it had faster pacing and many of the characters I liked were either missing from the first adaptation or not properly developed there.
Though I guess if you're going to watch both, watching the original first makes the most sense since it's heavily condensed for the follow-up and doing it the other way around will seem like a slog.

R

Thanks Rui, Brotherhood is on my list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back