AUKN Character Battle Round 2, Match 3: Nonon/Motoko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Better late than never, right?!

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 16th August. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

jhE88Vz.png

Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill

"What do you mean you don't know who I am? If you don't, then you must be one of those sports-brained monkeys, because Satsuki-sama has given me a place in her Elite 4, where I watch over the non-athletic clubs; you know, the ones for smart people! Regardless of whether you vote for me or not, the competition will be pummelled cheerfully, jauntily and utterly one-sidedly!"

Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in The Shell (Koukaku Kidoutai)

Whether it's kicking asses or pondering the nature of the self and reality, Section 9's Major Motoko Kusanagi is a strong and always interesting character with drive and depth in each of her several incarnations.

Jakuzure is one of my favourite Kill La Kill characters, but I'm not sure she has quite the same depths as the Major across the entirety of the GITS franchise. So my gut feeling is saying I'll go with Motoko this time.

I vote for Motoko Kusanagi. Not a fan of Nonon tbh, but even if I was, I doubt it would matter.

Also IncendiaryLemon, you should really give Ghost in the Shell a go, you can pick up the series pretty cheap at this point, and I'm sure you can even watch the first series dubbed on Manga Entertainments Youtube channel.

Buzzkillington said:
Also IncendiaryLemon, you should really give Ghost in the Shell a go, you can pick up the series pretty cheap at this point, and I'm sure you can even watch the first series on Manga Entertainments Youtube channel.

I've been meaning to for a while but I have still yet to see the film. Plus the fact I have bought 5 or 6 shows recently I need to watch. I will definitely watch it at some point.

The original GITS film is pretty seminal - one of those 'must watches' that got a vast majority of people onto anime in the first place, even if you aren't personally keen on it.

That said, I prefer the major's design in the TV series.

Also voting for Maj. Kusanagi.

I would probably have done so regardless, but I didn't like Nonon anyway, so that makes it easier.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've been meaning to for a while but I have still yet to see the film.

The SAC tv and Oshii film versions are in separate continuities and have little bearing on one another, so it doesn't really matter which you watch first.

Professor Irony said:
The SAC tv and Oshii film versions are in separate continuities and have little bearing on one another, so it doesn't really matter which you watch first.

Still, I like to stick to release order where possible.

I haven't watched any Ghost In The Shell yet either, I have even less excuse since I already have copies of the two TV series, the original film, 2.0, Innocence and the Solid State Society OVAs. Ah, blind buying. I think I may only be missing Arise but maybe there's something else I'm not aware of.

The film is on my list of things that I plan to watch over the next few weeks (although it's a loose list) so hopefully I'll get around to it soon enough.

To be fair, I haven't seen Kill la Kill yet either and I do have the full AL release as well.

My vote goes to Mokoto - Nonon - Mokoto - Nonon!!!

My head wants Mokoto to get my vote - she's better skilled, better fighter, better tactician etc. However, I know she'll get a high vote anyways, and I'd hate to see Nonon get mowed. So Nonon get's my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back