AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 32 (final): Noriko/Yomiko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Two classic leading ladies duke it out to bring the first round of the AUKN Character Battle 2015 to a close!

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 2nd August. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

MKQBom5.png

Noriko Takaya from Gunbuster

What got Noriko onto my shortlist? Hard work and guts! Usually calm, sweet tempered and often insecure, Noriko turns to a real fury when she's fighting with the Gunbuster: in the key moments of the adventure she always knows what to do, she becomes self confident and very determined in achieving her goals. A real leader.

Yomiko Readman from R.O.D: Read or Die

Yomiko has the power to manipulate paper. On the surface it sounds like a pretty mundane ability but really it's only limited by her own imagination. It's always exciting to see what kind of trick she'll conjure up in a fight using her ability. It also makes her the ideal secret agent since she's always 'armed' even if she lacks a conventional weapon.

Man, a close one to finish with, too!

I'm leaning towards Yomiko as ROD was more of a formative anime for me, given when I started watching.

Thank you for guiding us through the first round, Rui! Really good pace between the multiple votes per week, and always on time and well presented.

I've only seen ROD, but from what I've heard Noriko is a pretty awesome character so I'm going for her.

I vote for Yomiko.

I'd like to see Gunbuster at some point but I'm quite fond of Yomiko anyway. I kind of feel that there was a lot more potential for stories in the ROD "universe" (or universes maybe). I watched R.O.D. fairly early in my anime watching career so it's also possible that Yomiko was one of the earliest characters I'd seen with at least hints of Yuri.

I guess we're not going to have a wildcard round where Renge can return for her revenge (possibly Yotsuba style... hey, where's Yotsuba in this thing? Is it because there's no anime yet?).

Thanks ilmaestro :)

I'm voting for Noriko this time. Also I think this thread is showing that someone should do a fancy rerelease for R.O.D in this country, and market it to a whole new audience.

R

NORIKO!
Rui said:
I think this thread is showing that someone should do a fancy rerelease for R.O.D in this country
I think it's showing that a lot of people need to watch both shows or at least Gunbuster.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
NORIKO!
Rui said:
I think this thread is showing that someone should do a fancy rerelease for R.O.D in this country
I think it's showing that a lot of people need to watch both shows or at least Gunbuster.

Is there even a good release of Gunbuster available in the UK? It's been on my To Watch list for a while and I'm very interested since I heard it's kind of a Proto Evangelion.

Last edited by a moderator:
OVA episodes my flammable citrus friend. 80's OVA episodes. That's the best kind of episode.

Look at this wonderful animation quality:
bXtyo6i.gif

Now open this in a new tab. Now come back and appreciate both together. Now go back to Amazon and place that order.

My vote goes to Noriko

I like ROD and Yomiko but Gunbuster is one of my fav shows and Noriko was always getting my vote in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back