AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 2: Erza/Himeko/Ginrei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
We have a three-way match this week so vote carefully! Only one candidate will make it through to the next round.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 10th May. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

This week's battle

dyhBVTR.png

Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail

One of the toughest members of the Fairy Tail guild, with over 100 different types of armour, it's the one and only Erza Scarlet!

Himeko Inaba from Kokoro Connect

The vice president of the school's Student Cultural Research Society, 'Inaban' is generally distrustful of others and worries a lot; even more so when the members begin swapping bodies. She is the most calm and rational of the group when dealing with unexpected situations.

Ginrei from Giant Robo

The daughter of Franken von Fogler, who was thought to have died at the tragedy of Bashtarle. She managed to escape the tragedy along with one of the assistants to the five scientists developing the new power source by means her ability to teleport. However, the cost of using her power is that it shortens her life.

Re: AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 2: Erza/Himeko/Ginr

I didn't think Spike vs Mikoto would be so close... I know this one isn't going to be.

One vote for Erza here.

I'm also gonna vote for Erza.
I'm not a fan of Kokoro Connect and never seen Giant Robo so this is a no brainer.

One vote for Inaba Himeko here.

I've never understood why people like Erza. She always seemed like a rather meh character to me - if I were to list it out she'd probably be a little way outside my top 1000 characters from anime/manga/LNs. Then again I stopped watching Fairy Tail at the end of the Edolas arc. Maybe she gets better later...
I've never seen Giant Robo, and I suspect that's likely to be a fairly common theme in this vote. This makes me feel a bit sorry for Ginrei, but I'd be very surprised if I would change my vote if I had.
After all, I'm the one who nominated Inaban.

I haven't seen any of these shows so I'm voting for Himeko Inaba because she kind of looks like Mio from K-ON :p

My vote goes to Ginrei

Not seen Kokoro Connect so I would not be voting for Himeko. As for Erza, she seemed a bit meh during the episodes of Fairy Tail that I did watch.

I vote for Erza!

Sorry Himeko but you can't beat Erza and I dunno who the other girl is.

I'm voting for Ginrei!

I don't think she'll win but she's my firm favourite out of the three.

R

Ginrei for me as I know very little about Erza and nothing about the other girl.

normally i'd vote for Erza

but Inaba has so many feels, so she gets my vote

My vote goes to Erza.

Inaba would have gotten my vote if it was just her and the Robo girl. The ep about her insecurities was epic feels.
However, I have to be loyal to the powerhouse that is Erza - I know which side of my bread is buttered. :D

Well, this one is a really tough one for me. I've changed moy thoughts on the vote a half dozen times already and may change again later, but I'll be voting currently for Himeko Inaba.

Although it is REALLY close between her and Erza. So close i am vacillitating constantly.

kuuderes_shadow, really good pick there, i salute you!

Anyway, this round has highlighted my two weaknesses. One, I don't really like Robot/Mecha anime other than Gurren Lagaan. *shame* I probably own more shojo than mecha anime. So i have no clue who Ginrei is, and my research on the wiki/tvtropes didn't help much. So I can't vote for her.

My second great weakness is I am an inveterate shipper, and Inaba was a ship i supported with great fury and noise. Therefore she benefits from the warm glow of Shipping Power, and also the fact that Kokoro Connect was awesome. This pushes her slightly above Erza, who is also awesome and one of the best things about Fairy Tail.

So, to compare. Power Rating. Duh, Erza kicks ass at this. It's Erza Titania after all. Master of the requip. Wheras Inaba is merely master of the mean quip.

Series rating Awesome shonen action versus epic feels. This one is a draw.

Rule of Cool Erza is cool as hell, but Inaba is cool in her own way. Score draw.

Personal Bias Like I said, this is penduluming either and or each way as time passes, but it is currently with Inaba.

Therefore she currently is winning.

Anyway, have some flavour text. Although i really have no idea about Ginrei so she is hardly in this *smile*

Himeko Inaba was not enjoying herself. Slipping on the sand beneath her feet she stumbled, fortuitously avoiding a rain of ornate swords that hammered into the ground around her. One passed by so close that a few shreds of her hair were drifting free in the gentle breeze that filled the impossible arena.

“This can’t be happening. This is imposs…” her words were cut off with a sigh. Impossible was a concept that Inaba had grown to realise was hardly worth considering, what with the experiences of the Student Cultural Research Club….

Meanwhile, Erza Scarlet was moving quickly, trying to chase down a girl who kept appearing and disappearing, as if by some sort of movement magic.
“Heavens Wheel!” she cried, and a score of swords appeared around her, shooting through the air like a volley of artillery shells. Once again though she missed her target, as the girl she was aiming at vanished once more.

“Come on Erza! You should have finished things up by now” a boisterous voice shouted out from the stands behind her. It was Natsu of course, quickly echoed by Gray and Lucy, who were also shouting their encouragement.
“Fairy Tail doesn’t lose tournaments!” Lucy shouted out. “And no teleporter is going to beat you!”

“So true.” Erza muttered. The teleporter was the only dangerous opponent, the other one, dressed in some sort of strange uniform seemed to have no place in the arena, as she was stumbling about in confusion, only evading attacks by seeming chance. Still, she was going to be careful, as defeat was not an option, and would tarnish the reputation of Fairy Tail.

“Requip. Flight Armour!” Erza shouted, and her armour changed, increasing her speed and mobility dramatically. Just to be safe she would take out the weaker foe, although with great care, so as to cause no lasting injury…

As Erza swept towards her Inaba was frozen, unable to move. Combat was not her thing. She knew how to stay calm in a crisis, but this was ridiculous! “This is all your fault isn’t it, Heartseed?” She muttered. Suddenly time seemed to stop, frozen.

“Is it? I wonder about that?” the red-headed Natsu in the audience drawled in the slow, familiar monotone she had come to know and dread.
“It does seem like something I would do, but then who are these outsiders? It is the Club I am interested in… anyway… this isn’t interesting at all. But I could always spice things up…” Heartseed/Natsu replied ponderously.

Inaba’s world blurred and suddenly she was moving forwards at great speed, long sword in hand, towards… herself?

“What in the world…?” Inaba said, puzzled for a moment, but then in a flash of insight she realised that this was perfectly understandable. Heartseed must have switched her body with that of the swordswoman.

But if I strike my own body with this sword… I’ll die? She thought quickly. Releasing her blade she tried to turn away, but was moving at speeds well beyond her control.

This is it. The end. She thought, but then was interrupted by the third combatant, who appeared from nowhere and slammed into her face foot first. Inaba went sprawling in Erza’s body, hitting the ground hard. As she did so the other girl was bent over, catching her breath, sweat streaming down her face…

Erza watched the collision with interest. I don’t know what magic can swap someone’s body but I am at a disadvantage now. Still, the one in my body doesn’t know how to fight, and that other one seems to weaken further every time she teleports…

Moving towards the discarded blade she grasped it in one small hand. “I can still win this.” She said, ignoring the confused shouts from the Fairy Tail members in the audience. “With my friends behind me, I can never lose!”

I'm voting for Himeko Inaba because Inaban is the best.

Shame I missed last week's vote (new job). Misaka is on the t-shirt I'm currently wearing, so of course I would have voted for her.

My vote is for Erza.

I vote for Inaba.
I've not seen any of these series so my vote is based purely on the character descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back