AUKN Character Battle Quarter-Finals, Match 2: Rin Tohsaka/Akane Tsunemori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
The only all-girl round of the quarter-finals! Pick your favourite heroine.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 8th November. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

Nbv7mAW.png

Rin Tohsaka from Fate/stay night

Rin Tohsaka is one of the three main heroines of Fate/stay night who acts as the Master of Archer in the Fifth Holy Grail War. She is also one of the best and most entertaining Tsundere in existence. Need I say more?

I will though. She is skilled in both magic and intelligent thought, and is cute as hell *smile*

Akane Tsunemori from Psycho-Pass

A highly intelligent and confident young woman with incredible mental strength who can face any situation head-on without flinching.

Feeling kind of obliged to vote now we're in the later stages, so Akane based on pretty much nothing but gut instinct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Rin.

Apparently I'm alone in this, but I really really dislike Akane as a character. She's supposed to be a super-great detective. She literally does nothing but ask other characters (generally men) for the answer, and I find it really infuriating.

Buzz201 said:
Apparently I'm alone in this, but I really really dislike Akane as a character. She's supposed to be a super-great detective. She literally does nothing but ask other characters (generally men) for the answer, and I find it really infuriating.

I have only seen the first series, but isn't the point of her character that she has super-great aptitude for being a detective but absolutely no experience with the team she's just been introduced to? She does end up having to ask guys for help a lot, but as her main partner and boss are male (and only one of the girls on the team is especially talkative compared to the other guys) that's more a problem with the structure of the series itself than with her decision-making.

Well, I mostly voted for her because I don't like Rin ^^;

R

Rui said:
I have only seen the first series, but isn't the point of her character that she has super-great aptitude for being a detective but absolutely no experience with the team she's just been introduced to? She does end up having to ask guys for help a lot, but as her main partner and boss are male (and only one of the girls on the team is especially talkative compared to the other guys) that's more a problem with the structure of the series itself than with her decision-making.

Well, I mostly voted for her because I don't like Rin ^^;

R

Most of the time it's fairly obvious stuff she fails to grasp, and every single detective on the show fails to do what should be basic common sense in the aftermath of Kagari's death and actually look at the body. I'm sorry, but surely the first thing you'd do is look at what happened in the basement. Apparently not, the show just moved straight on, and so did I. Kagari was my favourite character and I couldn't stand to sit through any more of their stupidity, so there was no reason to continue...

I get the distinct impression that most of Psycho-Pass's problems could be solved by swapping Akane for a better lead character, and that's why I don't think she deserves to even be in consideration for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back