Attack on Titan

Yuvie

Student Council President
Hey peeps, don't come on that often but thought I'd mention a really good manga that's being released this week through kodansha.

I'm sure most have heard of attack on Titan due to the movie but it's definitely worth checking out. I received
my copy of the first volume last week.

I think it's a great natural replacement to Gantz, now that we know it's ending soon. Attack on Titan is a Shonen title but it's still quite a mature & gory series for older fans of manga too.

Anyone else excited about this series?

Hopefully Zetman & Vinland saga get licensed now too, then I'll be a truly contented manga fan.

I hope it does well enough for them to keep releasing it since along with manga like Eden, it's the sort of manga I enjoy. I'd say it's the type of manga that the older audience would appreciate more.

I hope it doesnt end up the same path as Eden, which is being released pretty much one volume every two years.

Already knew about the series through some good reviews on MAL and got my copy last week. Its certainly a keeper, and having read some of it already last year, i can only see it getting better

Who Reads Attack On Titan ???

hi guys im new here

so who is reading attack on titan ??
i would love to hear some off your guys theorys on what the ttians are , where do they come from ?? whats in erin's dads basement
im going to be making a theory video on youtube soon so it would be awsome to hear other peoples thoughts on the titans

iv done a attack on titan manga review if you intrested check it out
http://youtu.be/9VAOKxw57xg

Re: Who Reads Attack On Titan ???

Despite its terrible art, I'm really enjoying this series. Who'd have thought you could make giants scary again? I've read up to Volume 2 so far and am looking forward to the next one. Theory as to where they came from? I thought they were some ancient species, awoke from millenia old hybernation to reclaim their planet.

Re: Who Reads Attack On Titan ???

Well since i trust your choices kyon(you work in a comic shop so in theory know your stuff) i went ahead and ordered the first 2 volumes form bookdepo alongside my other manga (rurouni kenshin vols 17-22) so i'll let you know what i think once ive read them.

Ordered the first couple of volumes earlier so hopefully it'll be a good read and i wil end up grabbing volume 3 aswell(4 isnt due for awhile yet from the bookdepo says).

As for Eden i just wish Dark horse would put out compilations for the earlier volumes since its a pain to find them second hand these day and dark horse seems not to care about keeping stuff in print unlike other companies.

So i found the spring anime list for japanese tv and guess whats listed? Attack on titan as a 26 episode series! so now i want to read it even more which means bookdepo better hurry up and ship my volumes out the lazy buncha gits! :)

I enjoyed it a great deal. I think the anime has one of the strongest opening episodes I've ever seen - and there's a reason it has pretty much dominated talk of all things anime/manga recently. God knows, the industry needed a big mega populist hit like this - particularly one that translated so well to the West.

I know a lot of people don't like the 'scratchy' art style - but personally I don't mind it. Makes a difference from the ten a penny 'moe' style everyone else uses at the moment.

Lutga said:
I know a lot of people don't like the 'scratchy' art style - but personally I don't mind it. Makes a difference from the ten a penny 'moe' style everyone else uses at the moment.

My major issue with the Manga artwork is that it's quite inconsistent, some things are drawn really well and others swing towards god awful.

I think that adds even more flavor. The truly epic pieces of art are made all the more stunning... it might be on purpose... maybe...

I want an opinion/help here please

Which do you think its better to get, the original singles volumes of the manga of the colossal edition?

Does anyone has the colossal edition that can take some pics, specially of the sheets to see how they look like in quality. Needs to be a good pic though xD

The collosal edition is quite expensive - does it work out cheaper than buying all the volumes it contains individually?

If you have a kindle - the digital volumes are quite cheap to pick up. Also, doesn't crunchyroll manga have the manga series available on it too?

ilmaestro said:
I think that adds even more flavor. The truly epic pieces of art are made all the more stunning... it might be on purpose... maybe...

It could of also led to it being dropped by publishers, fortunately it's got a good solid story to back it up

--

On the colossal edition, it's also larger (hence the name), so space wise if not price wise individual volumes might be better.

Last time I saw it, 1 week ago maybe, the price of the 5 individual volumes were basically the same as the colossal edition. Now the Colossal takes less space than 5 volumes but if you say there's a risk the company can drop the edition later on... than I might decide to buy the single ones. Usually, a compilation of volumes its cheaper than the individuals but I guess we are talking about Attack on Titan plus the Colossal Edition came out in the end of May so its still quite expensive.

bakum4tsu said:
I want an opinion/help here please

Which do you think its better to get, the original singles volumes of the manga of the colossal edition?

Does anyone has the colossal edition that can take some pics, specially of the sheets to see how they look like in quality. Needs to be a good pic though xD
I have the colossal edition (more as an collectors item) and i must say a lot of love has gone into it. Quality paper and some nice coloured pages (that even the japanese don't have). It is expensive but it is a collection of the first 5 volumes.

If anyone wants i can take some pictures of it.

Back