Ask our reporter in Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be quite expensive but wages paid even it up. I work about 265 days a month and get about 1500 quid for it.
I regards to transport, travelling inside Tokyo is a LOT cheaper than it is travelling in London. Restaurants are not all that expensive either, you can get a decent 3-course meal for less than 20 pounds, depending on where you go.

Hotels can be expensive and appartments are too, and small, but I'd rather be living here than in London or Paris, or anywhere. It's VERY safe here too. No F****** chavs either.
Just don't know when the big quake is going to hit and wipe a few million away though.

Pomtry said:
I forgot to ask if you see many british or american people roaming around japan?

The way you put that made me laugh, Random Westerns 'roaming' around Japan. xD.

Chris, Can you take a few pictures of around where you are and also like show what its like to just walk down a street in Japan. Thanks. ;P

Well, I have something to ask of you.

Basically, can you translate the following for me into english:

Kuchizuke
Samoeraisouni
Utsukushi Kereba Sore de Ii
Zakurogata no Yuuutsu
Kareshi Kanojo no Kankei (atarashii kankei version)

All just some Japanese songs I downloaded and was wondering what their titles actually mean. Thanks in advance.

Chris,

Please tell me, what is Akihabara like? Do you go there often? Have you ever actually been there before?

Also, how popular is the Xbox 360 in Japan?

Thanks. ^-^

Jayme said:
Revengeguy said:

From what i have heard, its incredibly hated; Am i think its because its a Microsoft console.

Actually from what I've Heard Since the release of Blue Dragon last year the Xbox sales Has Sored

thekendyman said:
Jayme said:
Revengeguy said:

From what i have heard, its incredibly hated; Am i think its because its a Microsoft console.

Actually from what I've Heard Since the release of Blue Dragon last year the Xbox sales Has Sored

Really??? Well thats good news, Not even a 360 fan, At least Microsoft are getting ever closer to they're Global Domination they desire ever so much.

Erm ..... 360 is selling well in Japan? Don't think so. Blue Dragon lifted 360 sales up a bit for a week, but it's performance has been really dismal in Japan, to be honest.

So, are you planning on going to see the new Evangelion movie at the cinema, Mr. Reporter?

also, what are the Japanese views on UK culture and British people? Do the Japanese like brits or are they still 'obsessed' with America?

To sort-of borrow Revengeguy's question, what does Japan think about Ireland? Is it the silly 'Hollywood' view of a land of endless green and leprechauns?

Hey Chris, I'm wondering if you've heard any rumours or news, or anything really on the Juuni Kokki situation; that being the anime ending too soon due to production costs (or so I heard). I also heard that Ono Fuyumi (who wrote the novels) stopped writing them without an ending for some reason. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as this is said to be a Japanese 'Lord of the Rings' (although just on the epic scale, I'm sure the story is nothing alike).

Thanks in advance : )

Sorry for the delay in replying!
Been so busy I died 4 times (almost)

Pomtry:
Yeah I do see many british and american people roaming around japan. Theres a lot.

Jayme:
I'll get some pictures up ASAP :thumb:

Lupus Inu:
Kuchizuke - 口付け→"kiss"

Samoeraisouni - さも偉そうに→"acting like you're really important"

Utsukushi Kereba Sore de Ii - 美しければそれでいい→ "If you're (it's) beautiful, then thats all that's important"

Zakurogata no Yuuutsu - ザクロ型の憂鬱 → " pomegranate shaped depression" ?????????

Kareshi Kanojo no Kankei (atarashii kankei version) - 彼氏彼女の関係[新しい関係ver.]→ the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (new relationship ver

Revengeguy:
Haven't been to Akihabara much. It's the main area for buing electrical items and stuff like that. I cange trains there almost every day but never really go outside of the station- except when the Yamanote and Keihin-Tohoku lines are broke and I have to take the subway. GRRRRR!.

You don't hear much about the XBOX. They don't seem to be selling much. Nintendo seem to have knocked SONY off the top of the console ranking, since the Wii is killing the PS3.

CitizenGeek:
Evangelion at the cinema?!? I didn't even know it was out?! Hardly get chance to watch TV, so I have no Idea whatsoever whats going on in the world.

chaos-unleashed:
No they don't have those kinds of shows. Not allowed to. They have things called laws and stuff about those kinds of things. Sadly.

Revengeguy (2):
The Japanese aren't really all that obsessed with any single country. They do still have the image that all English people love gardening and spend time drinking tea and buscuits and having country walks. Which is of-course TRUE as we all know it to be, what what old chap.

CitizenGeek (2):
Ireland- everyone drinks NOTHING but Guiness, all wear green and white clothes and have ginger hair and have jobs as terrorists. Which is also true, except they left out the soda bread part.

DaNiMe:
It seems that they're waiting for the guy who writes it to write some more. I checked on Amazon.jp and Ono seems of have been writing a few other titles. So It doesn't seem to be "coming soon to a TV near you"!

One more question: What's the most heavily merchandised anime or videogame 'series' in Japan? I'm guessing it's Final Fantasy and Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Chris said:
CitizenGeek:
Evangelion at the cinema?!? I didn't even know it was out?! Hardly get chance to watch TV, so I have no Idea whatsoever whats going on in the world.

You're so lucky that you have the opportunity to go see Evangelion at the cinema! I would kill to be able to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back