Artwork?

Daz said:
The only thing I would mention - some constructive criticism, if you don't mind - is that the legs of "birthday list girl" are in a very difficult position (though, I do know a girl who can do that :lol:) and I'm not actually sure whether she's jumping, or sitting - though that is mainly because of no background.
I know what you mean about the birthady girl piece, shes sitting, i never add backgrounds, something i suck even more at, though it's something i've been meaning to really try and improve on, along with adding more than one character to a picture.
I can just about sit like that if i break my legs :lol: . It's one of those pictures that when you first do it you can't quite pin point your mistakes, but i'm can't wait so i usually ink as i go, i can't change my mistakes when i do notice them. Also, as for the colouring, i really hate the shading of the dress

Charter_Mage said:
I know what you mean about the birthady girl piece, shes sitting, i never add backgrounds, something i suck even more at, though it's something i've been meaning to really try and improve on, along with adding more than one character to a picture.

Ah, I see. The only reason I wasn't sure whather she was sitting or jumping is because her arms are in the air. Though, I suppose I should have known she was sitting, because you'd have to be crazy to jump with your legs like that and expect to land on your feet. :p :lol:

I can just about sit like that if i break my legs :lol: . It's one of those pictures that when you first do it you can't quite pin point your mistakes, but i'm can't wait so i usually ink as i go, i can't change my mistakes when i do notice them. Also, as for the colouring, i really hate the shading of the dress

Well, you don't make that many mistakes in your inkings, but you should definitely wait until you're sure it's finished before you ink. :p

Well, as for the legs being a mistake, atleast I know that the position is actually possible. :lol: Though, I can't do it myself. If you really want to change it, I'd suggest having her either : kneeling and actually sitting on her legs; or having the bottom half of her legs going out at a 45 degree (or less) angle.

Ok, I'm off now. See you all Sunday or Monday, people! :wink:

Nah i couldn't be bothered to do anything to change her, i'm lazy and it took me way too long colouring her, plus i've got tonnes of half done drawing i should actually be putting some effort into finish. Maybe it might be a good idea in the future to put up my pencil sketches here before i ink them to see if anyone thinks i have anything i need to change, thats if i can ever stand to finish a whole sketch before inking it :lol:

hello everyone
here is a poister i have done for my photography project using my drawings and mixing them with real life photographs.

you might recognise three characters from the manga in it lol

Wow! God, this artwork is amazing!! I'd love to put some of mine up but I don't know how to use the stupid scanner or put piccies on this webbie.
I'm taking art for my GCSE's too (which I'll sit in May, arhhhhhhh!!) and my target grade is an A*!! :? Whatever.
Anyway, most of my artwork now is drawings and the concept art for the characters from my in-production manga. ^__^ I can't wait to finish it, but I'm....a weeny bit far off from that thou. Now, everybody post some more pics while I figure out how to use this stupid thing *kicks printer*

Back