Paradox295 said:
Here's the ADV shows I'd like rescued:

Azumanga Daioh
Excel Saga
Full Metal Panic!
Last Exile
Martian Successor Nadesico
Neon Genesis Evangelion

^Probably not a brilliant list, since I mostly just picked stuff that's on a lot of recommendation charts or talked a lot about on here XD

This is my less-than-brilliant list of shows I'd like to be rescued :B

VivisQueen said:
You know, some of us like our DVDs grown in British soil and fertilised with British pigshit because we don't own multi-region players. I likes me Region 2. Beez, I'd like a Region 2 Mushishi complete collection, please!
This was a request licence rescues thread, those had never had a UK release in the first place (except Mushishi).

You'd have to ask Manga for Mushishi as it's FUNimation and they have exclusive distro rights.

I would like Last Exile and NGE back. I got caught out with NGE, I thought it
would be around for ever and ever and put of buying it until the end of last
year. I ended up having to do an epic trawl of the internet to find all volumes for a not stupid price. It would be the perfect time for a re release, newer fans wont have seen it, and with the new films coming out Im sure people would be interested in watching the original.

I want the original Bubblegum Crisis/Crash back. Its probably not of interest
to newer fans, but I love it and think everyone should be forced to watch it
mwah ha ha :p

Black Lagoon for me, watched the first series on dvd but cannot get ahold of the second season now :( MVM said they no longer hold the licence to produce more copies :cry:

GreenTango said:
Black Lagoon for me, watched the first series on dvd but cannot get ahold of the second season now :( MVM said they no longer hold the licence to produce more copies :cry:
i got a copy of the second series

If you have realized that now, then my post has served its purpose.

edit: my sincere apologies if you were offering him your copy, btw.

Corra said:
I want the original Bubblegum Crisis/Crash back. Its probably not of interest
to newer fans, but I love it and think everyone should be forced to watch it
mwah ha ha :p
I second that Mwah ha ha! it's awesomeness incarnate! :D

ilmaestro said:
If you have realized that now, then my post has served its purpose.

edit: my sincere apologies if you were offering him your copy, btw.
if he has a multi player dvd he could get it from axlemusic
and now i feel guilty

Had my eye off this thread for a bit while I was doing other stuff. I'll chip in with a few further thoughts:

D'oh! Yes, of course Zeta Gundam has a Western release ( I have the Bandai box sets on a shelf behind me as we speak) - I had a brain fart there. I meant it needed a UK release.

Infinite Ryvius in the UK would be very nice indeed.

Bubblegum Crisis is another show that - in spite of the fact that a good chunk of it isn't all that good - is certainly fun and important enough to keep in circulation. the character and mecha designs in that show are iconic - I speak to a lot of folks who tell me it defined anime for them in the 1990s. That includes people who never went the whole hog and got into anime in a big way.

(I have a certain fondness for the Tokyo 2040 reboot as well - if only because it makes excellent use of Laura Chapman, Hilary Haag, Kelly Manison and Christine Auten in the dub!)

Black Lagoon disappearing is a CRIMINAL development. I believe Ergo Proxy has befallen the same fate. Damn shame. Both very solid, if somewhat flawed, shows.

HdE said:
Bubblegum Crisis is another show that - in spite of the fact that a good chunk of it isn't all that good
Blasphemy. We had a chance to buy BGC on DVD, now we need it on Blu-ray. It is one of the best looking (and sounding!) older shows around. Just needs an official release with English subs...

I've no doubt someone will pick up Black Lagoon again, probably when the OVAs become available (they'd better come out in HD as well).

ayase said:
I've no doubt someone will pick up Black Lagoon again, probably when the OVAs become available (they'd better come out in HD as well).
It's OOP in the USA as well, and it was with the same company that have the OVA (FUNi)

I believe Ergo Proxy has befallen the same fate.
Lain and Haibane Renmei were the others I'd noticed.
There's a few in the USA as well, like Higurashi and Zero no Tsukaima.
Geneon USA licences in general are becoming very hard to find.

Reaper gI said:
ayase said:
It's OOP in the USA as well, and it was with the same company that have the OVA (FUNi)

I believe Ergo Proxy has befallen the same fate.
Lain and Haibane Renmei were the others I'd noticed.
There's a few in the USA as well, like Higurashi and Zero no Tsukaima.
Geneon USA licences in general are becoming very hard to find.

Funi recently said that the licence for Higurashi & Familiar of Zero had expired and would not be renewed (and they were not planning to go after subsequent series of either show or any that looked like Higurashi).

http://www.fandompost.com/2011/06/10/fu ... licensing/

mangaman74 said:
Funi recently said that the licence for Higurashi & Familiar of Zero had expired and would not be renewed (and they were not planning to go after subsequent series of either show or any that looked like Higurashi).

http://www.fandompost.com/2011/06/10/fu ... licensing/
That was why I mentioned those two, as they've been confirmed to be OOP, unlike some of the others where they may be getting reprints as anime legends/ SAVE.

Cardcaptor Sakura (could now be upgraded to Blu-ray, plus never got a release in the UK to begin with, but you didn't say they had to be UK license rescues :wink:)
CCS Since someone seems to count it seperately
Cardcaptors (since the releases it got worldwide are even choppier than the American-style airing, and I still feel it could do well if it specifically noted it includes all 70 eps to put off the 'only 37 dubbed' mentality. May just be nostalgia though. Could also be updated to Blu-ray, though with a lot more effort than most shows)
Tokyo Babylon
RG Veda (CLAMP fan obligatory requests)
Sailor Moon (and include the subs this time)

Again, may just be nostalgia, but a good large release of shows like Pokémon, Digimon etc. I'd like to see. Three to four years ago we were told that Pokémon had been license-rescued by Network and would be released in series sets starting from series 1 and 10... fast forward to 2011, two more movies announced with completely different licensors.

Kimagure Orange Road would be good to see on a DVD-mastered release, as far as I know even America only got VHS-mastered ones.

Back