animes you want rescued and back on the market

Animefreak17

Godhand
ok i was thinking it would be nice to have a few old animes that you want to see on the market.
i noticed that:
card captor sakura
city hunter
and so many others are wanted by fans.
so any way what animes are you crying out for a license rescue.
i want
cardcaptor sakura including the movies.

id like to make a petition of what animes for them to bring back and signatures of how many fans want them.
how do i start a petition id like some help.
what animes do you want them to rescue or bring back?
so for we got.
1Perfect Blue.
1FMP original.
1.1original Guyver OVA (with bonus Guyver: Out of Control included for a laugh) on DVD/ Blu Ray
1Blue Gender
2 card captor sakura
2 Maison Ikkoku
4 Urusei Yatsura
2 thinpacks of Patlabor,
2. Roujin Z
1. Demon City Shinjuku
2.Votoms
1. Wicked City
1, CCS
3 . Kimagure Orange Road
1 Perfect Blue (BLU RAY!)
1Evangelion (non-rebuild)
1Nadesico
1 tenchi - all series and movies
1one piece movies
1 city hunter
2 Patlabor tv series and ova,s

I definitely think Perfect Blue is worth saving, if only because more people should see it. With all the Black Swan buzz it might get a publicity boost too.

I could go for thinpacks of Patlabor, Votoms and Maison Ikkoku, but I'd be satisfied if someone could just stream them.

I often wonder if streaming might be the only practical distribution model for older series that are on the long side, especially as GE999, Harlock, FotNS and Slam Dunk (I think) are already available this way in the US.

ok were off too a good start
1- when we've got more suggestions of what animes should come back or be rescued il do a top 20 or 30 animes of what you guys want.

new rule
2- give me your top five animes that you want rescued for you and for others
3- and make sure you put them like this
e.g.
-card captor sakura (boxset with movies )
-Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (boxset with Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid)
-Urusei Yatsura ( boxset, movies, ovas)
-tenchi ( all series of tenchi )

anyway the more we have the better chance there think about it of rereleasing them

4- make sure you say if there the movies, ovas or series

5- say if you want them in boxsets, blue RAY or single sets

Professor Irony said:
I could go for thinpacks of Patlabor, Votoms and Maison Ikkoku, but I'd be satisfied if someone could just stream them.

I often wonder if streaming might be the only practical distribution model for older series that are on the long side, especially as GE999, Harlock, FotNS and Slam Dunk (I think) are already available this way in the US.
FotNS is getting DVD release now, it also never had a proper release in the first place.

Streams tend to be time limited, dvds you can keep if you buy them, they're also georestricted.
SDF Macross, is another I'd want rescued, as well as CCS, Patlabor, Yurusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku.

animefreak17 said:
-Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (boxset with Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid)
-tenchi ( all series of tenchi )
Those are in print except for the first two Tenshi OVAs, FUnimation have them.

We're not asking for stuff OOP in the UK, but stuff that's OOP in the USA as well.

Professor Irony said:

do you mean movies or series or both

butch-cassidy said:
- Nadesico
- Evangelion (non-rebuild)
- FMP
- Perfect Blue (BLU RAY!)
- Orange Road
- El Hazard

In no particular order.
are these in series, movies or ovas
is fmp full metal panic if so which one

continuation

cant fit in top message
1 Full Moon o Sagashite
1Slam Dunk
1Space Battleship Yamato
1Devil Man
1Saber Marrionette (all series)
1 3x3 Eyes
1Galaxy Angels (all series including blu-ray)
1Steel Angel Kurumi (both series)
1 El Hazard OVAs & El-Hazard: The Alternative World
1 Dominion Tank Police
2 WINGS OF HONNEAMISE
2 all the GUNDAM series and movies and ovas

animefreak17 said:
butch-cassidy said:
- Nadesico
- FMP
- Orange Road
- El Hazard

In no particular order.
are these in series, movies or ovas
is fmp full metal panic if so which one

All series except Perfect Blue. FMP original.

I would like to see the original Guyver OVA (with bonus Guyver: Out of Control included for a laugh) on DVD/ Blu Ray, considering it was one of the first to be released in this country (and get shown on Sci-fi at an 8-8:30 timeslot) the fact that we only ever saw a VHS release is a bit strange.

I also wouldn't mind getting Blue Gender, had my eye on the R1 release for a while. Another show I saw on Sci-Fi back in the day.

Do not keep on updating the list in the thread one post at a time, just edit (even though you pretend not to, you have shown before that you know what the edit button is) the numbers into your first post if you really want to keep track of it.

BlackWolf said:
I would like to see the original Guyver OVA (with bonus Guyver: Out of Control included for a laugh) on DVD/ Blu Ray, considering it was one of the first to be released in this country (and get shown on Sci-fi at an 8-8:30 timeslot) the fact that we only ever saw a VHS release is a bit strange.

I also wouldn't mind getting Blue Gender, had my eye on the R1 release for a while. Another show I saw on Sci-Fi back in the day.

Funimation has the region 1 rights to Blue Gender - it doesn't need a rescue.

http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/704400052590

It is getting a new release 21/06/2011.

Kimagure Orange Road,City Hunter,Cardcaptor Sakura,Patlabor tv series and ova,s,Full Moon o Sagashite,Slam Dunk,Roujin Z to name but a few,the list could go on forever and hopefully one day the Space Battleship Yamato movies will get a decent re-release as the region 1 boxset that was released is a bit pricey and the actual quality of the video and audio on these releases were shocking especially for the price,movies like this deserve nothing but the best treatment,i know it will never happen but we can live in hope.

butch-cassidy said:
- Nadesico
- FMP
- Orange Road
- El Hazard

In no particular order.

Nozomi/TRSI has El Hazard TV Series - The Wanderers. Only the El Hazard OVAs & El-Hazard: The Alternative World need a rescue.

A few more rescues,

Devil Man
Saber Marrionette (all series)
3x3 Eyes
Galaxy Angels (all series including blu-ray)
Steel Angel Kurumi (both series)

Because it can't be said enough:

WINGS OF HONNEAMISE - really beautiful film. I've known people who had no interest in anime to find themselves watching it and then come away wanting more. No mean feat.

Dominion Tank Police REALLY should be kept around.

VOTOMS would be a neat show to license over here.

And naturally, MOAR GUNDAM!!!

HdE said:
And naturally, MOAR GUNDAM!!!

Can't believe I forgot this one, there's always more gundam to be had for the UK scene, like all the OVAs we've not got and the series that Japan so far is keeping to itself like V and X, and all the good SD Gundam shorts.
I wouldn't complain at getting SEED Stargazer on DVD as well...Put the Astray short on it as well and offer it up as a freebie

Back