Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

^ Brilliant.

I'm glad I've checked back in here actually, AF17. I have just started watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time. I finished reading the Dragon Ball manga this weekend so I've bought the first season to see what all the fuss is about. Looking forward to the insanity.

But please, no spoilers!

Kaede said:
^ Brilliant.

I'm glad I've checked back in here actually, AF17. I have just started watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time. I finished reading the Dragon Ball manga this weekend so I've bought the first season to see what all the fuss is about. Looking forward to the insanity.

But please, no spoilers!

Greatest anime of my childhood

Yes. It would appear I'm a good 20 years late to the party.

But that's not gonna stop me. I'm looking forward to the "Battle power OVER 9000!!!!" bit, I hope it's as funny in Japanese. :/

EDIT: But how did you see it? It was never released in the UK? (Certainly not when I was younger anyway)

Kaede said:
Yes. It would appear I'm a good 20 years late to the party.

But that's not gonna stop me. I'm looking forward to the "Battle power OVER 9000!!!!" bit, I hope it's as funny in Japanese. :/

EDIT: But how did you see it? It was never released in the UK? (Certainly not when I was younger anyway)

Yes it was......tv wise anyways............

And then I got the DVDs.........Oh be sure you don't get kai........the original is way better thanks to Bruce

How would you solves this problem

Let's say there was a man and he likes being alone but not alone he likes to do things he's way, but he wants company and wants to be around others but not to be with them.

Does anyone know if all the ovas and specials and movies are going to be released of code gaess cause there's a lot of them that hasn't been released

lessons in anime * help me*

I decided to make a thread about what you have heard or you saw in a series, we all know the majority of what most lessons in anime are-

Be good to your friends
Friends are important
If your alone make a friend
Help a friend out
Stand up for your friends
Ect ect ect .......we get all that

But in some anime iv seen there's some other lessons besides these and I'd like to find out what they are and what makes the anime they come from form that lessons......

Here's a few examples

Hell girl -

1 don't do something you'll regret later on.
2 revenge is never right.

Dragonball z -

1 with hard work you can over come anything

Naruto -

1working together as a team you can accomplish anything

Shiki -

1 humans can be more monster then the actual monster

That sort of thing........anyone got any ideas

Re: lessons in anime * help me*

Here's another.........

Monster

All life is equal nit matter what or who you are........even if your the spawn of the devil

Some shows or movies like to telegraph them, but I find the best ones are the more subtle ones, where you need to reflect on events.

Rosencrantz said:
Some shows or movies like to telegraph them, but I find the best ones are the more subtle ones, where you need to reflect on events.

Such as...............................come on start talking

Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga and Brotherhood) taught me that, no matter how dull things look, everything'll get better eventually.

Yukifan said:
Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga and Brotherhood) taught me that, no matter how dull things look, everything'll get better eventually.

Really??? I never got that...........

I always thought one of the lesson in FMA was ................

Man kind can't gain anything unless giving something in return.
Or
The cycle of life,
Or
You can't bring back the dead
Or
Family sticks together thick and thin.

animefreak17 said:
Yukifan said:

Or
The cycle of life,
Or
Or
It's not so much a message in the series as a personal reaction due to how grim the series got at times but things would (Almost) always get better, like with the Elric's finally getting a happy ending after everything they went through. Brotherhood got me though a really bad bout of depression so it's more a personal reaction than anything. (Why I was watching a show I knew would be quite dark while suffering from depression I have no idea.)

Yukifan said:
animefreak17 said:
Yukifan said:

Or
The cycle of life,
Or
Or
It's not so much a message in the series as a personal reaction due to how grim the series got at times but things would (Almost) always get better, like with the Elric's finally getting a happy ending after everything they went through. Brotherhood got me though a really bad bout of depression so it's more a personal reaction than anything. (Why I was watching a show I knew would be quite dark while suffering from depression I have no idea.)

Well it did its job.......glad you not depressed

Lawrence said:
You realise that the majority of titles mentioned thus far are aimed at a younger audience and thus tend to carry rather obvious themes for exactly that reason. Do we need an entire thread simply to 'shoot fish in a barrel'?

That aside, many tales carry a 'moral' or a 'theme' of some kind, often because it's a rather convenient way of providing closure for the readers or simply conveying a certain idea, even something as simple as showing growth in the focal characters; a omnipresent theme is often important when it comes to writing but not necessarily integral, some stories don't bother with any kind of 'moral' often because it's unnecessary or due to an out right rejection of such.

My point being that this thread is pretty banal, open your eyes and take a look around you, there are 'lessons' to be learned everywhere, god knows everyone loves to dispense advice, often through a mixture of nostalgia and regret, so dedicating an entire thread to the matter seems pretty pointless. Partly because I'm not sure what you really want and also partly because said 'lessons' only levy as much value as you choose to apply to them. Any idiot can parrot a proverb but it's only when you put them to action do they even have a semblance of worth. If we are to fill this thread with a list of recurring or poignant themes in anime, then are we not simply creating a list for the sake of creating a list? I dare say the top ten thread is the lesser of two evils, as open about its nature as it was.
sorry I thought id start I listing of morals and lessons in anime......just for fun, give me a brake

Back