Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

Re: if you wanted to would you want to live anywhere else

Well, I wouldn't want to move to Australia anyway but I don't see what there's to miss about the UK? It's ok here but I don't consider it irreplaceable.

I rarely go out, anyway, so as long as there's Internet then I'm good anywhere :D

R

That's kinda sad..............I can talk lol it's kinda sad that people like us don't usually go out side and see the sites yeah I know the world is a dangerous place but if light was here he'd clean this messed up world,

I wouldn't mind going to my first anime con that be awesome.

Is the internet a big thing now that we don't need anything else to entertain us

flaming, arguing, debating and chatting

I was watching oreimo and bamboo blade a lil while ago and I saw these two scenes where the characters was talking about there fav charecters and fav series. Having a argument over who and which one was better.

Anyways I'm one for a good debate when it comes to certain things in anime like

Shiki
Death note
childhood friend supporting

My least fav is

Vs. Anime where they get shows or characters and they say which ones better or gets in a fight

Some times I like to.debate because someone pisses me off about there opinions and sometimes I like to debate because it's fun too.

What debates, arguments, flaming and chats have you guys been in and which ones do you mostly get in too when talking about your fandoms.

I have learned through bitter experience that if I engage in an online debate it has to be about a subject that I really don't care about or I'll probably get annoyed. The Shiki/Death Note debates sound fun but I'm so unyielding that they wouldn't entertain me for long, and similarly there are a lot of opinions taken as solid fact in anime fandom. People will declare that this show is good and that show is bad, and only acknowledge that shows can be either depending on the individual in a few specific cases.

In my circle of friends I tend to be the only one obsessed with the titles I like, so it's rare that much debate occurs. I guess if I had lots of female friends we could debate which pairings are the best in BL titles (and then stop being friends when we couldn't agree).

The classics like dub/sub wars, DVD vs BD, 4:3 vs widescreen, Gokuu vs Naruto etc don't really interest me and obviously sub is always superior.

In Oreimo, Kuroneko's show was blatantly better than Kirino's!

Edit: To further illustrate what I mean about opinions taken as solid fact, if you have any of the following opinions you're generally considered 'wrong' by default. It's silly.

• Sword Art Online was good.
  • ...and the Fairy Dance arc was fun too.
  • The last few volumes of Death Note were still interesting.
  • Aniplex USA releases are a good thing for the anime industry.

R

Can't say I've ever gotten into an outright spat over anime online (though I've had a few lively discussions in the chat). I did once get into an argument on Twitter about gender segregation in Islam once, which was interesting...

I like arguments that are backed with reasoning and carried out calmly. I'm trying to improve in that respect. Unless it involves football. Then I can't always control myself :p

Ultimately I find other people's opinions really interesting. It's always good to get another perspective on things.

I got into a debate/argument about what constitutes a spoiler after Daisuki's facebook posted a SAO screengrab with the subtitles 'My life belongs to you, Asuna' included on the picture. Personally I felt spoiled by the picture, but other people said it was inevitable given the length of time the series has been about for...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, the spoiler thing is so stupid. If that were true nobody would be able to enjoy any classic novels because every time they pulled the book out on the train everyone around them would have the right to yell the ending across the carriage!

I try to stay up to date to avoid it (another reason that Animax's arbitrary delays after the US simulcast goes up bother me...) but you always end up in a conversation like this at some point:

Someone: Wow, you like anime too?
Rui: Yeah. Lately I've been enjoying Gankutsuou.
Someone: Man, I loved the bit where the count turned into a dinosaur at the end!
Rui: ...I hate you.

(This is not an actual spoiler for Gankutsuou as far as I remember.)

What about 'unspoilers'? I have fond memories of being an anime newbie and hearing all kinds of rumours 'from Japan' which always turned out to be ridiculous misunderstandings. I remember watching Slayers NEXT eagerly waiting for the debut of Evil Amelia only to discover at the end that the pictures that fans had been gossiping about were of a completely different character and they just hadn't been able to read the name printed in the articles. Good times.

R

God I hate that when that happens

Some dude- when so and so dies and the end

Me- thanks alot ya douch bag

I have this problem when ever I see a love triangle I always end up looking up on wiki to see who wins

Hey I have a question

You know when some of you are watching my unboxing videos ........Well does it sound like I have a bit of a accent cause here's the thing

Iv lived in Britain all my life and generation after generation my family have always lived in Britain but Iv been told by loads of people I don't sound like I'm from the area

Some say I sound

Posh
American
And other accents

What do you guys think what do I sound like and where do think it sounds like cause iv had this accent all muslims with out noticing and I thought I sounded like other people

Well what say you.

My dog star passed away today.........died of stomach cancer.....Well she had to be put down.......I wish they'd did something tho............T_T sorry I'm so upset here

animefreak17 said:
Hey does anyone know if the sword art online extra edition and offline is on DVD or is going to be released

Sword Art Offline might be on the UK sets but I know they're on the Aniplex USA sets.

It's too soon for Extra Edition to be released, I'll say maybe sometime in Q4 Aniplex will probably bring it out.

NormanicGrav said:
animefreak17 said:
Hey does anyone know if the sword art online extra edition and offline is on DVD or is going to be released

Sword Art Offline might be on the UK sets but I know they're on the Aniplex USA sets.

It's too soon for Extra Edition to be released, I'll say maybe sometime in Q4 Aniplex will probably bring it out.

I brought the blurays and I had a look .........there was only two of them on there and the other 7 are missing

Iv watched the film frozen and I was going to write it in the ratings thread but I forgot that it's not a anime but I really want to give my opinions and views on this.

Ok il say that the music is great I love the music and I like the setting and scenario but there's a lot of things wrong with this film

1 the queen is cursed with the power of ice at birth and isn't explained how or why she has it or who casted it on her, it be awesome if the spell was a curse of a evil troll that her family sealed away years and years and years ago and each generation will suffer at this curse as long as the troll is sealed away.

2 when they queen runs away from the castle her sister goes after her a few minutes later on horse, the queen has made it to the top of the mountain while her sister who was on horse hasn't caught up with her......Is she a Olympic golden sprinter or something in a short time or what?

3 the villain now this took me by surprise on who the villain was and it was the princess that Anna fell in love with and really he was just a asshole who wanted to be take everything as his own, to be honest I didn't like how this went cause I think it should of went how I described it how it should of been and the two men had to beat this evil troll before Anna turned in to ice and the queens powers was getting more out of control and that should of what happened cause the villain is pretty weak

4 it was rushed

5 the modern slang

5 no villain song

There's other things wrong but I'm too lazy to say them all.

animefreak17 said:
Iv watched the film frozen and I was going to write it in the ratings thread but I forgot that it's not a anime but I really want to give my opinions and views on this.

Ok il say that the music is great I love the music and I like the setting and scenario but there's a lot of things wrong with this film

1 the queen is cursed with the power of ice at birth and isn't explained how or why she has it or who casted it on her, it be awesome if the spell was a curse of a evil troll that her family sealed away years and years and years ago and each generation will suffer at this curse as long as the troll is sealed away.

2 when they queen runs away from the castle her sister goes after her a few minutes later on horse, the queen has made it to the top of the mountain while her sister who was on horse hasn't caught up with her......Is she a Olympic golden sprinter or something in a short time or what?

3 the villain now this took me by surprise on who the villain was and it was the princess that Anna fell in love with and really he was just a asshole who wanted to be take everything as his own, to be honest I didn't like how this went cause I think it should of went how I described it how it should of been and the two men had to beat this evil troll before Anna turned in to ice and the queens powers was getting more out of control and that should of what happened cause the villain is pretty weak

4 it was rushed

5 the modern slang

There's other things wrong but I'm too lazy to say them all.

You can use this thread for rating the movies that you watch.

Back