Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

animefreak17 said:
why was the novels and manga cancelled.
No idea. I imagine the sales didn't meet expectations because Viz Media were expecting a huge light novel boom at the time that never happened.

animefreak17 said:
but the anime did better?
Hard to say. Geneon licensed season 1, but they then went out of business (We're talking 2007). It wasn't until late 2010 that FUNimation announced the license for Shakugan no Shana II, Shakugan no Shana S and Shakugan no Shana The Movie.

The two novels were released in April and October 2007; shortly before Geneon USA's final downfall. The manga was released from April 2007 until September 2010.

systemacre said:
WoW i just read the whole of this thread
Nahhhh, I mean... nahhhh.

Right? Nahhhh...

animefreak17 said:
and putting something stinging on like sult
sult is more effective "in" than "on".

ayase said:
And I warn you, your answer puts both my face and my desk at risk of serious damage.
:lol:

Lawrence said:
animefreak17 said:
but the anime did better?

Perhaps but it has one major flaw, that the others don't. It's acted out by voice actors. So if you really feel the need to watch it, stick to the dub.
Which is voiced by... who? Hand actors?

Lawrence said:
Eh, well, you know, on the Blu-ray/DVD you have the choice between the dub track or the original Japanese track.

And, um, the Japanese track isn't as good as the English track.

shitstorm%20a-brewin%27.png

Seriously though, Shana is good. I'm just waiting for my Season 2 and 3 FUNi.

Two And Three!

Lawrence said:
Eh, well, you know, on the Blu-ray/DVD you have the choice between the dub track or the original Japanese track.

This isn't even remotely what you said, though, ignoring the likelihood of the accuracy of the statement.

iv made a list of dvds thats i boxset volumes and movies that go together in series so that way when i do decide to get the individual boxsets/movies that make up a series il know which dvds go with what series, cause a few movies and series are apart of a series but dont have the same name e.g.
fist of the north star series goes with legend of the dark king

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:

This isn't even remotely what you said, though, ignoring the likelihood of the accuracy of the statement.

Well, it was five in the morning when I originally posted...
But that's what I meant to say.

All I heard was Herping'n'Derping.

What about you Ilmae?

What I interpreted as, was that he was referring to the manga having one up on the anime, because the anime has to be voiced, while the manga does not, but given this new turn of events I don't know what to believe anymore.

And that because it's voiced by voice actors, you should watch the English dub, as if that was somehow voice actor free...

Herp and derp were both covered, Ota-san confirmed as correct, hehe.

ok has this ever happened to you

lets say you lent a favourite series to someone and it was a out of print DVD and you couldn't get it anymore ,

or you have a very rare and favourite manga series

or a figure/model thats really really really hrad to come by and its the center piece of your collection.

and lets say the dvd series you lent was damaged really bad.
or the manga series was ripped up by * say a your cat, dog, babywhat ever,
or the figure / model was destroyed.

how would you feel

well me if it was my dvds id first be sick, cry, and probably mumble to my self all my years of collecting ruined and cry again that how id feel

I'd not lend to that person again. I'd not demand that they replace it, but I'd trust the friends I would lend to to offer to replace, if it is within their means to do so. I'd be pissed off, but friendships are worth more than that. Accidents happen.

Mutsumi said:
I'd not lend to that person again. I'd not demand that they replace it, but I'd trust the friends I would lend to to offer to replace, if it is within their means to do so. I'd be pissed off, but friendships are worth more than that. Accidents happen.

its an example

Happened with me once when I was at school, I lent a game to a friend who had it for a few months and the disc came back scratched to hell. I didn't say anything because I was a coward at the time and didn't like to make a fuss or cause conflict. I think that's probably the last time I ever lent anything to anybody, not that that particular situation caused me to stop lending, more that there hasn't really been anyone since that time who's wanted to lend anything off me.

I wouldn't lend anything to anyone who wouldn't take care of it properly and wouldn't replace it with an equal or better version if they damaged it. I grew up with a slightly younger brother, so I have experience of the sad results of being more trusting than I am now. Fortunately my friends are all sensible so it's never been an issue.

R

animefreak17 said:
Mutsumi said:

its an example

I know. You said. :)

Back