Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

I discovered after leaving home that sprouts are ok if you cook them properly so they don't smell/taste revolting. Still not my vegetable of choice, though.

Glad everyone sorted that spat in the DBZ thread out. You guys rule.

R

Sparrowsabre7 said:
VoxPhantom said:
Broccoli is an abomination of a vegetable. Horrible stuff.

I don't get why everyone hates broccoli, I quite like it. Sprouts I can understand the hate, but broccoli is not that bad.
Just can't be doing with the little bits of broccoli that get trapped in and on your teeth, as well as the fact that when you eat broccoli, it doesn't really feel like anything of substance is being taken in!

I'm no fan of sprouts, usually I'm only forced to confront them around Christmas time. I find if you eat them with a good helping of mashed potato then the flavour gets disguised somewhat, and they become fairly bearable.

animefreak17 said:
I love hogs of war

It's a funny war strategy fun game

Your have 5 or more pigs dressed up like there in the army and youv got to kill the other pigs with alsort of weapons homing bombs, mines,guns, sniper, it's really a fun game I bet it would sell great and the pigs are funny too

Me and my best friend have only ever completed the game once (each) its one of our favourites to go back to after all these years!

I don'nt know why Sony haven't put Hogs of War onto the PS Store yet :/ I'd gladly pay to have that on my ps3 24/7.

I doNt see why it wouldn't make a great game on the ps3
If they did make it in to a ps3 game I think it would be fun to play, they can add new things in, bigger maps, more porks to cook, more levels, hell even make our own levels, better graphics and more funny stuff coming from the pigs, and even online play against other players, I think it would be a really fun game to play, not saying the ps game wasnt fun it was fun but if it wasmade as a ps3 game I bet it be a good seller..................... I want hogs of war

I completely agree with you, a sequel to the original hogs of war would tie in well with the predominantly online aspect of gaming these days, the processing power of a PS3 compared to the first is leagues different and the capabilities would be a very welcoming thing to see, the game would need to have an option to switch the graphics to and from the ps1/3 graphics though, for nostalgia.

Infact, if the pigs where to stay the same pixelated hogs from the first game but have the surroundings and maps like medal of honour/COD it would be brilliant in its own right.

*just read through the DBZ thread, i agree with Ayase's comments on etiquette even during flame wars*

I disagree about a Hogs of War sequel. If one was done now it would probably end up being a 1st person shooter. If you don't believe me you only have to see what a mess has been made of the new Syndicate game.

I still hold out some hope for shoot em ups, yeah there are alot of FPS but there are a fair amount of 3rd person shooters too, Red Dead did a good job of it.

If its not like the first then I wouldn't get it.

I like hogs of war cause it was fun to play. I love how I used to push the pigs in the mine field and see them blow up up and down till they died. I also liked that one map where if you fell you would die instant

Rui said:
I discovered after leaving home that sprouts are ok if you cook them properly so they don't smell/taste revolting.

This is the main reason why people hate broccoli, cauliflowers, sprouts and similar vegetables. If you cook them the wrong way (especially for too long) they change taste and start smelling of sulfur, which is really unpleasant. Those vegetables should be cooked for few time, they should retain an "al dente" texture, if they are tender then they are overcooked. If cooked properly these vegetables are yummy and almost sweet.
Usually people don't like a certain food not because they don't like the real taste of that food, but because the first times they experienced it it was cooked/prepared the wrong way.

Teo

mangaman74 said:
It started out as an isometric game where you control a squad of up to 4 agents. The new game is "kind of mix between Crysis-style first-person shooter action and the clean sci-fi world of Mass Effect" (to quote Wikipedia).

Sounds like what happened to the Conflict series,

Me and my dad poured hours into playing Conflict desert storm 1, 2, Veitnam and global conflict. The game is a 3rd person 4 man squad based in iraq, Veitnam, Europe and other area's they were truly the best thing we'd played prior to gears of war appearing. Realistic and fully immersive for its time.

The creators of the conflict series then released another conflict game but this time on the ps3.... it was ****, it was less than ****, it was appauling, I refused to play it. It was the biggest mistake the designers could have made IMO, maybe one day they'll go back to the original drawing board and provide a decent conflict game again.

You know if they had a few jokes like in hogs of war then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, in fact if they made shooters more funny I bet they'll be even better

And about vegetables , I don't like them I really don't but if you have them small in a meat pie or what ever then you won't taest them as much and you'll get your 3 day thing.

mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:
And about vegetables , I don't like them I really don't but if you have them small in a meat pie or what ever then you won't taest them as much and you'll get your 3 day thing.

Do you like tomatos?
Tomatoes are a fruit and I dont mind them but I do like tomato paste

You saw through me, it was a trick question.

I really thought you didn't know a tomato was a fruit but silly me I should of known lol

Back