Anime UK News mascot character - can you draw one?

You should be able to manage all that with no problem on CS2. I think that's the version I use at college so it should be a doddle. :)

Typing in 'anime shading' into DA gives some useful tutorials.

I'd recommend cleaning up the lines and errant speckles in the lineart BTW, doesn't show on the shrunken pic but I noticed it on the large view!

I use Paint Shop Pro (shock horror!), couldn't get used to the PS interface. Though there are some effects I use PS for.

Cheeky said:
Typing in 'anime shading' into DA gives some useful tutorials.

I'd recommend cleaning up the lines and errant speckles in the lineart BTW, doesn't show on the shrunken pic but I noticed it on the large view!

I use Paint Shop Pro (shock horror!), couldn't get used to the PS interface. Though there are some effects I use PS for.

Yeah Ill do that.
Thanks for the tips.

Before I post her in a new pose here she is with better shading and "errant speckles" cleaned up.
Also did some lighting effects on the hair and gave her a shadow to ground her.
Thx again for the tips cheeky and WTFDM.
The shading looks much better this way.

my first post in months and i hav e grown since my last no longer am i a naive naruto fanatic but a more open minded anime lover.i would like to saay that when i logged the topic of the competition peaked my interest so i looked at the entries and have to the conclusion that th best entry so far.Perfectly suited to the forum but thats just my opinion...and many others too.

Cheeky said:
If my first attempt wasn't chibi enough for you, then this has got to be!!

This, polished up to a pro standard, would be an excellent mascot.

Outlawstar said:
Before I post her in a new pose here she is with better shading and "errant speckles" cleaned up.
Also did some lighting effects on the hair and gave her a shadow to ground her.
Thx again for the tips cheeky and WTFDM.
The shading looks much better this way.

Ditch the George's cross for a Union Jack.

Cheeky said:
Nyu said:
Cheeky said:
If my first attempt wasn't chibi enough for you, then this has got to be!!

This, polished up to a pro standard, would be an excellent mascot.

What did you have in mind?

Take it from;

download.php

To the same level of finish as the one in say;

adamcube.jpg

On the far right. I like yours, it has charm and cuteness which is really everything you need in a mascot. I like the others too but this one sticks out most for me. What i'm trying to say is, right now it looks just like concept art (which i'm guessing is what it is) but give it the same level of detail as the one in the existing banner and it would be perfect.

Incidently - I'll be posting the winner over the next few days. I want a real chance to go over all the submissions and today has been absolutely hectic.

Ryo Chan said:
tbf my fav atm has to be outlaw stars XD

make me a plushy of it will ya

Haha.Thanks.
Ill get to work on that plushy now and youll have it within the week Ryo chan. :lol:
Funny enough, when drawing her a lot of the time I got the sense she looked more like a live plushy.

Im gonna post a pic of her in a different pose(eating pocky while reading manga) in the next few hours but first here she is again this time with a proper union jack.

Outlawstar said:
Im gonna post a pic of her in a different pose(eating pocky while reading manga) in the next few hours but first here she is again this time with a proper union jack.

The image has commited seppuku. :p

Outlawstar said:
Hyaku said:
Outlawstar said:

The image has commited seppuku. :p

Luckily I am a bit of a necromancer.

I meant I couldn't see it in your previous post, unless you posted it earlier on and I'm being a tard. :x

I think it went ass up when you attached it or something. :shock:

EDIT: I can now see it. Opera seemed to cure the problem.

Back