Anime-related top tens!

Animefreak17

Godhand
your top 10........

im doing a top 10 of favourite characters you love and why you love them or hate from different categories

top 10 villains
top 10 heroes
top 10 babes or guys
top 10 animes you love
top 10 mechs e.g. gurren largann, eva 1 ect
top 10 ecchi, fan service
top 10 your choice of the greatest animes ever made
top 10 comedies
top 10 mangas
top 10 creators of a series or artists e.g Akira Toriyama
i cant do them all on just one thread so il give my top 10 on the next one.

I'm not sure I get it. Are we supposed to choose one topic to make a list from (because this is going to be a somewhat disjointed discussion if people are listing top tens of completely different things) or are we supposed to do them all?

Or are you intending to create ten threads, one for each? If so, please stagger them so we only get one every few weeks or so.

ayase said:
I'm not sure I get it. Are we supposed to choose one topic to make a list from (because this is going to be a somewhat disjointed discussion if people are listing top tens of completely different things) or are we supposed to do them all?

Or are you intending to create ten threads, one for each? If so, please stagger them so we only get one every few weeks or so.
no i mean i cant fit the of them all on one page so each time i make a top 10 it will still be in this thread but on a different page.

also i know everyone cant make 10 of everything on here so everyone can make a choice to choose one to all of them

top 10 Characters (I don't really have enough to split it into heroes and villains)

1. L - Death Note
2. Light Yagami - Death Note
3. Tamaki Suoh - Ouran High School Host Club
4. Lelouch Vi Britannia - Code Geass
5. Vash the Stampede - Trigun
6. Ali Al-Saachez - Gundam 00
7. Milly Thompson - Trigun
8. Sousuke Sagara - Full Metal Panic
9. Ryuk - Death Note
10. Lockon Stratos - Gundam 00

The list above is fairly limited in range, which is mostly because while I love a wider range of anime, I don't love all the characters as much as the work itself e.g. I really love Paprika, but I'm not sure any of the characters would make the list here.

top 10 Anime

1.Paranoia Agent
2. Death Note
3. Ouran High School Host Club
4. Paprika
5. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion
6. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
7. Trigun
8. Perfect Blue
9. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
10. Mobile Suit Gundam 00

top 10 Mecha

1. Lancelot Conquista - Code Geass R2
2. Gundam Exia - Gundam 00
3. Gawain - Code Geass
4. Gundam Virtue - Gundam 00
5. Enki - Gurren Lagann
6. Shinkiro - Code Geass R2
7. Arbalest - Full Metal Panic!
8. Gundam Dynames - Gundam 00
9. Landmate - Appleseed
10. Tachikoma - Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

@Sparrowsabre7 well done Sparrowsabre7 you get 20 points.

take Sparrowsabre7s for example thats what im talking about ............,,^_^ im really impressed

il give my top 10s as soon as i watch more anime

the heroes wont be a problem but to choose the villains is going to be difficult villains

top 10 heroes
1. goku - DBZ he was my first anime hero i ever saw when i was a kid.
2. spike from cowboy bepbop hes not as flashy as goku but hes such a bad ass.
3 vash - trigun i really really like vash hes a hero that'll save even a bad guy if he wanted and he wouldn't kill no matter what
4. Kamina and Simon - gurren largann i really like Kamina cause he stands up to anything and stands up for his beliefs, i didn't like Simon but it was until he got back up on his feet and took the same path Kamina took
5. ed and al - there not exactly heroes but they do help out people on the quest to find the stone also they'd do anything to help each out its the bond of brotherly love i like.
6. naruto - ok i know his annoying with his believe its and il bring sasuke back but i like him cause he wont give up on his friends he determined to help sasuke even if sasukes trying to kill him.
7 ichigo - bleach .............. i just think his bankai his bad ass and his bankai clothes are freaking awesome hes like naruto with having a monster inside them also hes calm and not hyped like naruto.
8 luffy from one piece - hes just freaking funny and he has had bad ass fights
9 ikkou from ah my buddha - .......................... lucky son of bitch, enough said
10 Alucard from hellsing ultimate - hes a really f****** vampire he just to freaking unreal for a hero who drinks blood. i love this guy

Lawrence said:
My top ten heroes:

1. AnimeFreak17
2. Fireman Sam
3. Erwin Rommel
4. Heinrich Alexander Ludwig Peter Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein
5. Spiderman
6. Lawrence Kraft
7. Bagpuss
8. Yotsuba Kawaii
9.Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery, 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein
10. -Tachi-
im honoured you put me in the number one place but i mean anime heroes ^_^

due to RUI giving a chance to do this right il be asking every week your top tens and why you chose them. so what is you

top ten heroes

mines a lil higher up

Ok, so if we are doing top ten heroes for the first list (following discussions about doing one at a time!) here's mine, which is of course completely biased towards things I have recently seen or fangirl about >_>;

I'll interpret it as male heroes.

1. L (Death Note)
2. Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
3. Katakura Kojuurou (Sengoku Basara)
4. Claire Stanfield (Baccano)
5. Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
6. Allelujah Haptism (Gundam 00)
7. Hanazawa Rui (Hana Yori Dango)
8. The medicine seller (Mononoke)
9. Doumeki Shizuka (xxxHolic)
10. Barnaby Brooks Jr (Tiger & Bunny) <3

Ugh just looked up and it looks as though I am copying answers, but L has a functional justice complex and is also awesome, so he had to take first place in a hero list :(

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurrm... as I'm caught once more twixt insomnia's grabby hands, I'll play along. These are in no particular order, because I'm rubbish at prioritizing these things.

1: Motoko Kusanagi (GITS)

2: Batou (again, GITS)

3: Roger Smith (The Big O. Irrisistably cool!)

4: James Links (Zone Of the Enders - gotta love a leading character knocking 50 and mixing it up witht he pbest of 'em!)

5: Priss Asagiri (Bubblegum Crisis)

6: Lockon Stratos (Gundam OO. And this is the first Lockon I'm talking about. Wasn't as big a fan of the second. He wasn't as noble.)

7: Kikuchiyo (Samurai 7. What's not to love?)

8: Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop. Dear lord, there were tears.)

9: Leona Ozaki (Dominion Tank Police)

10: Kaneda (Akira. Gotta love a total douchebag made good!)

Rui said:
Ok, so if we are doing top ten heroes for the first list (following discussions about doing one at a time!) here's mine, which is of course completely biased towards things I have recently seen or fangirl about >_>;

I'll interpret it as male heroes.

1. L (Death Note)
2. Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
3. Katakura Kojuurou (Sengoku Basara)
4. Claire Stanfield (Baccano)
5. Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
6. Allelujah Haptism (Gundam 00)
7. Hanazawa Rui (Hana Yori Dango)
8. The medicine seller (Mononoke)
9. Doumeki Shizuka (xxxHolic)
10. Barnaby Brooks Jr (Tiger & Bunny) <3

Ugh just looked up and it looks as though I am copying answers, but L has a functional justice complex and is also awesome, so he had to take first place in a hero list :(

R

MISS! MISS! RUI'S COPYING OFF ME, MISS! :p Jk

I agree L is just a fantastic character, though I must confess I've never ever liked Allelujah. He was far too whiny and IMO the most boring of the Meisters. Maybe because I'm a bit sick of the tortured super soldier shtick, but I like Hallelujah WAY more. I guess I just love my sociopaths =P

HdE said:
6: Lockon Stratos (Gundam OO. And this is the first Lockon I'm talking about. Wasn't as big a fan of the second. He wasn't as noble.)

Agreed. He also had an epic death scene Rock on Lockon!

Sparrowsabre7 said:
He was far too whiny and IMO the most boring of the Meisters.

Perhaps amusingly the Meister I like least is Lockon (either one), any of the others could easily have made a top heroes list for me. I like both sides of Allelujah and I think his relationship with Marie is adorable, even though it does kind of play up his wimpy traits. The complete conflict between his natural personality and his job was cool.

ilmaestro said:
Surely not the origin of your handle?

Hehe, it's not, though I certainly don't mind sharing names with him.

R

Rui said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
He was far too whiny and IMO the most boring of the Meisters.

Perhaps amusingly the Meister I like least is Lockon (either one), any of the others could easily have made a top heroes list for me. I like both sides of Allelujah and I think his relationship with Marie is adorable, even though it does kind of play up his wimpy traits. The complete conflict between his natural personality and his job was cool.

R

Well that's fair enough. I guess it's also the fact I don't particularly care for his Gundam either (you'll see al of the others made my mecha top 10 :p). Yes it turns into a plane, which is cool, but I just never found it as cool. Then again I think the strength of Gundam 00 is that you do need all 4 meisters to support the story in their own way. I certainly wouldn't have them remove Al, because in terms of what he brings to the plt he's interesting, just not a character I particularly like. But then I think Ali Al-Saachez is awesome so maybe I'm crazy =P

Top ten heroes hmmm Going to interpret as male and female heroes otherwise I will be here all day deciding ^^;

1. Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
2. Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon)
3. Sousuke Sagara (Full Mteal Panic)
4. Lena Sayers (Mai-Otome)
5. Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
6. Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
7. Shana ( Shakugan no Shana)
8. Hikaru Shidou (Magic Knight Rayearth)
9. Hayate Ayasaki (Hayate the Combat Butler)
10. Rin Okumura (Ao no Exorcist)

Was I the only one who felt that Tieria was the worst Meister? Well, second Lockon couldn't hold a candle to the first...but Tieria was just boring. I do agree that Allelujah was the best (even if the Dynames is my favourite Gundam from 00).

It would be too easy for the heroes list to not be restricted to central characters, so:

Top 10 Heroes:
01. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
02. Train Heartnet (Black Cat)
03. Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop)
04. Ash Ketchum (Pokémon)
05. Lelouch (Code Geass)
06. Rintarō Okabe (Steins;Gate)
07. Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
08. Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
09. Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
10. Porco Rosso (Porco Rosso)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
But then I think Ali Al-Saachez is awesome so maybe I'm crazy =P

But he IS awesome! And even more so with Scott McNeil's voice pouring out of him!

A genuinely nasty, threatening character. One of the best villains in any Gundam show ever!

HdE said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

But he IS awesome! And even more so with Scott McNeil's voice pouring out of him!

A genuinely nasty, threatening character. One of the best villains in any Gundam show ever!

FFFFFFFFFFFF- =P While I think Scott McNeil is absolutely AWESOME, I must confess I prefer the sub for Gundam 00. Keiji Fujiwara just sounds so much more unhinged.

I haven't watched enough anime to be able to limit this list to just one gender.

1. Vash the stampede (Trigun)
2.Hana (Tokyo Godfathers)
3.Faye Valentine(Bebop)
4.Milly Thompson (Trigun)
5.San (Mononoke hime)
6.Jet Black (Bebop)
7.Kaneda (Akira)
8. Motoko (from Oshii's film NOT S.A.C)
9. Paz (S.A.C) I'm starting to struggle now..but he was kinda cool
10.Hercule (DBZ) he was always either gonna be 1 or 10 in the end I went for 10.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
HdE said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

FFFFFFFFFFFF- =P While I think Scott McNeil is absolutely AWESOME, I must confess I prefer the sub for Gundam 00. Keiji Fujiwara just sounds so much more unhinged.
Indeed. I usually don't join the "Subs > Dubs" bandwagon, but Gundam 00 is definitely a series to watch subbed. For example, in episode 23 of season 1 I found the dub took away a lot of drama from that very dramatic scene with Lockon...

Back